Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

how do i enable fastrope on my mission i placed the module but it still dont work

^^ Go to 20m and you get the option for fast roping.

I had a CTD while testing the fast roping in MP. Set it up myself and had 1 AI (mate was coming later). Drop one rope and it worked well. Released it and then drop another one. I was trying to correct the heli as i drifted a bit and CTD.

However ive seen this CTD with 1.05 several times so i have no idea if it was the actual ropes.

Could some 1 please help me with how to add mags or rifles into the Ace rucksack in the character config? so that the unit with spawn with the rucksack on with ammo and other stuff already in it ?

bare with me as i am a total noob at this kind of stuff. I'm trying to install this mod with the lazy method of this site. http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/lazy

i downloaded and installed six updater suite. When i save as the vanilla file i cannot find the six-updater application-data folder. When i look into my program files i find the folder six-updarer and inside it there are folders named db and tools. I've done a quick look in them but cannot find the six- updater application-data folder.

Anyone out there want to save this poor soul?

bump!?

bump!?

Added to the Lazy Guide:

* Launch the "Six Updater - Console" at least once, it will complain about missing config file, remember the path it notes, then close the window

** Normally this is a subfolder of the user's Application Data (AppData) folder. If there's a problem however, it will revert back to the Program Files location.

Place the six-updater.yml file in the location mentioned when running Console.

^^ Go to 20m and you get the option for fast roping.

I had a CTD while testing the fast roping in MP. Set it up myself and had 1 AI (mate was coming later). Drop one rope and it worked well. Released it and then drop another one. I was trying to correct the heli as i drifted a bit and CTD.

However ive seen this CTD with 1.05 several times so i have no idea if it was the actual ropes.

ok but do i just put the fastrope module somewhere on the map and that is it or what?:yay:

ok but do i just put the fastrope module somewhere on the map and that is it or what?:yay:

place chopper and module and synchronize the chopper and the module.

Added to the Lazy Guide:

Place the six-updater.yml file in the location mentioned when running Console.

I ran it last night and it did a whole lot of stuff but I didn't pay to much attention to it. When I run it now it just does this.

"Updating installed gems

Nothing to update

Cleaning up installed gems...

Clean Up Complete

This program needs to remain running during updater operations

Starting the web client...please be patient

=> Booting Mongrel

=> Rails 2.3.5 application starting on http://127.0.0.1:16333

=> Call with -d to detach

=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server"

I didnt have to synch the fast rope with the chopper though. Just place both. Fly to ~20m and hover properly (dont move too much). Then an option comes up for fast roping.

Tested some ACM mission again with a couple of spawned enemy squads and when the heat gets on im lagging tons with ACE. Feels like ECS AI enhancement all over again. I had 9FPS with ECS AI enhancement, but at least i could turn it off and enjoy the rest of the mod. This starting to be unplayable to me unfortunatelly. Wished the AI could also be a module to turn off/on. I really want it on, but if its more than a few squads im lagging so much its unplayable.

erm no ?

i didn`t place a module and sync it ... just get a chopper and some men in the chopper get @ 20m and stay level and scrol to deploy roppes ...thats all

how exactly do the claymores work ?

i place one and them have an option "safety off (clacker 1)" so i click this assuming it turns the saftey off and nothing happens, the option is still there as is the detonate option. Is it not possible to have them automatically explode when an enemy walks over one or do you have to manually detonate them ? what does the "safety off (clacker 1)" option do or is it bugged ?

also can friendly ai trigger claymores by walking over them ? i assumed once you clicked the safety off option that they could trigger them but as i just said the safety off feature doesn't seem to work.

Any info would be great

how exactly do the claymores work ?

i place one and them have an option "safety off (clacker 1)"

Safety off is only for detonating them remotly i think. To make them go off by walking by you have to move in front and deploy trip wire. Then end trip wire where you want.

Now just leave it. DONT walk over the wire. :)

I ran it last night and it did a whole lot of stuff but I didn't pay to much attention to it. When I run it now it just does this.

"Updating installed gems

Nothing to update

Cleaning up installed gems...

Clean Up Complete

This program needs to remain running during updater operations

Starting the web client...please be patient

=> Booting Mongrel

=> Rails 2.3.5 application starting on http://127.0.0.1:16333

=> Call with -d to detach

=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server"

That's the GUI / webclient window (your browser should actually open the interface).

Please check the Lazy guide again for usage on "Six Updater - Console".

If you want to use the GUI/webclient instead, please check the documentation.

Incase you have trouble, please create a ticket.

No, you don't need to sync anything.

The module does nothing currently.

Xeno

I would create a ticked to report the problems with NVG`s, adjusting the brightness is not working.

But, as you want have my real name for registration this is a no go for me.

I would create a ticked to report the problems with NVG`s, adjusting the brightness is not working.

But, as you want have my real name for registration this is a no go for me.

How about:

First Name: Mr

Last Name: Tea

? :yay:

You don't need to be like that. I ain't got time to read the whole thread, nor do i have time to check this forum every 2 seconds.

So when do you have time to play ArmA2 then? Please dont give me that lame answer when you really know that I am correct and it is pure laziness on your part to even look... now go and fly away and pick your battles wisely.:bounce3:

Safety off is only for detonating them remotly i think. To make them go off by walking by you have to move in front and deploy trip wire. Then end trip wire where you want.

Now just leave it. DONT walk over the wire. :)

cheers for the quick response, how do i get and deploy a tripwire ? im looking in the ordance ammo crate and i can see a trip flare but no trip wire.

Tested some ACM mission again with a couple of spawned enemy squads and when the heat gets on im lagging tons with ACE.

Well, vanilla ArmA 2 AI allready eats much more performance with 1.05.

If you have a (today) low end CPU and graphics card you are screwed.

Xeno

How about:

First Name: Mr

Last Name: Tea

? :yay:

Haha.:)

It`s not needed anymore, the ACE Units working without problems. Other Units not, or at least not all.

That's the GUI / webclient window (your browser should actually open the interface).

Please check the Lazy guide again for usage on "Six Updater - Console".

If you want to use the GUI/webclient instead, please check the documentation.

Incase you have trouble, please create a ticket.

Nothing mentioned about a missing config file, but it seems to be installing a lot of .pbo files, should it being doing this?

I just noticed something quite odd. Someone might check this and confirm it.

I was messing around on the Panthera map because I'm making a SEALs mission for it. Anyway, I noticed that the ACE silenced weapons would alert people who weren't in the same group.

I placed 4 men along a riverbank and about 20m between them. I was trying to see if you could use the silenced SPR to snipe someone and not alert a nearby enemy not looking at them.

Long story short I found that the AI would not recognize the ACE weapons as silenced. Even after a 1 shot clean kill on the rear most one they would shortly go on alert and shoot at me. I then found that I could use the standard ArmA 2 weapons and shoot all 4 of them with no alert what-so-ever.

Any thoughts on this? Because if it's a problem on my end I would like to fix it because the silenced SPR is something I want to use in the mission but it registers as being unsilenced.

And yes, I was using SD weapons and SD mags.

So when do you have time to play ArmA2 then? Please dont give me that lame answer when you really know that I am correct and it is pure laziness on your part to even look... now go and fly away and pick your battles wisely.:bounce3:

Considering I only play ArmA2 for about an hour a day, I'd say I have very little time.

Your just another one of those people that give forums bad reputations.

And whats with the ''now go and fly away and pick your battles wisely''?

Honoustly I think you should jog on. Smartass.

EDIT: Removed ^

Edited by 22ndAndy

Considering I only play ArmA2 for about an hour a day, I'd say I have very little time.

Your just another one of those people that give forums bad reputations.

And whats with the ''now go and fly away and pick your battles wisely''?

Honoustly I think you should go fuck off. Smartass.

Saying to people F** off give bad reputation in forums too.

If you dont whant to blackout, wy didnt you just pick a veihicle and move?