Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

I just tested a bunch of my crappy missions and everything worked perfect for me. Dont know why it doesnt for you. All updated correctly? Did you MOVE over the new USERCONFIG files from the ARMA2/@ACE folder into ARMA2/Userconfig/ACE/... ?

That is important as new keys etc been added.

Yeah man did it, still not working, I dunno wahts up. I guess I'll set up a ticker again.

Have you tried using the new keybinds? It's not left-click anymore, it's set to R. You have to update your userconfig first though.

That was the ticket...problem solved.Cheers.

Why is it when i fly a jet with ace after about 2 minutes of flying my screen goes red,blue and sometimes black?

wtf!

Why is it when i fly a jet with ace after about 2 minutes of flying my screen goes red,blue and sometimes black?

wtf!

Check your airspeed + how fast you are turning. Either blood if flooding to your brain or flooding to your feet.

Just wanted to give props to you guys. ACE2 is getting better and better. Keep it up! Thx 4 the hard work!

Just wanted to give props to you guys. ACE2 is getting better and better. Keep it up! Thx 4 the hard work!

X2 keep up the great work ace team!

So we can't compete with the A.I then because they fly at full speed to keep up i need to turn fast.

I'll stick with the Tanks and let the A.I deal with air.

^^ use PILOT when flying. That will sort your problems since they have G-force suit and training. Thats the ACE way.

EDIT: Wich means the GOOD WAY. ;)

^^ use PILOT when flying. That will sort your problems since they have G-force suit and training. Thats the ACE way.

EDIT: Wich means the GOOD WAY. ;)

I place a jet down in the editor and i am ALWAYS the PILOT ;)

Aha! Then maybe the ACE BETA version (wich is what we are playing) just needs correcting a bit. Before that didnt happen. Maybe a miss wich im 110% sure will be corrected.

I place a jet down in the editor and i am ALWAYS the PILOT ;)

He means the pilot class, not the pilot of the plane. :p

You can be a rifleman and still fly, but G-effects will be worse.

Aha! Then maybe the ACE BETA version (wich is what we are playing) just needs correcting a bit. Before that didnt happen. Maybe a miss wich im 110% sure will be corrected.

I'm not bothered by it because i hardly ever fly the jets i mostly control Tanks... but was just wondering why my screen goes blue,red then black after just two minutes of flying...

But yes hopefully in future the pilots will be able to handle it better :)

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

He means the pilot class, not the pilot of the plane. :p

You can be a rifleman and still fly, but G-effects will be worse.

When you place a jet and put the jet as player(pilot) am i not a proper pilot like that? :confused:

hello,

1st thanks for this amaizing Mod. This is absolutly phantastic :yay:.

I have some Questions.

How i can activate the Spotterscope(or Alpha Staus ?)

How i can create Mines from ACE ? I tryed with "createVehicle" but nothing happen

It is possible to create a armed Mine(maybe a Betty) ?

Im not confirm with scripting. So someone here can maybe write a simple Minesfield Script with armed Bettys ? :) Pleeeeeaaaaaaaase ?!

THX in advance

Maybe I'm putting myself out to the danger of getting flayed alive...but what about this whiteout when someone/something dies?

Its fixed. Was in previous version. New 219 it is fixed. :) It was like thermal optics went on and off directly leaving the screen white and fading to normal slowly.

Thanks Alex, I have 218 right now. I updated yesterday, then it's an out of schedule update then? Nevermind anyway I'm updating.

Thanks Alex, I have 218 right now. I updated yesterday, then it's an out of schedule update then? Nevermind anyway I'm updating.

Special HotFix. Hooray for the dev team and quick actions!

Have you tried using the new keybinds? It's not left-click anymore, it's set to R. You have to update your userconfig first though.

Yes sir, tried the new keybindings with the updated userconfig....no joy with R key or left mouse click.

My only fix to get the Rangefinder to display range and vector to target was to navigate to C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACE\addons\ace_sys_rangefinder.pbo and replace that pbo with one that works from an earlier Beta version.

:yay:

Did someone say btw that using the Vector binos doesnt work properly? I think i read that when lasing it will go 1st person quick - wich is cool by me for the time being - but when i turn the laser on it shuts off automatically after 1-2 seconds. I have the new userconfig files and i press R to activate it.

Is this known? Anyone else?

EDIT: What you guys need is this webpage (showing ACE version) i check it everyday. Make it a favourite qickly! :)

Link: http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main

In ACE there is a feature to have a weapon on your back, thus making it possible to carry 2 primary weapons. How do I make a unit start off with 2 primary weapons IE: one on back, one in hands... Upon mission start.

How to put a weapon on back during a mission was already covered by someone here. But if you are asking about starting the mission with one already in place - there should be a new API function for that in sys_ruck soon. That should help the mission makers out.

Thunder666;1546258']

How i can create Mines from ACE ? I tryed with "createVehicle" but nothing happen

It is possible to create a armed Mine(maybe a Betty) ?

Im not confirm with scripting. So someone here can maybe write a simple Minesfield Script with armed Bettys ? :) Pleeeeeaaaaaaaase ?!

Right now' date=' mission maker use of pre-positioned ACE mines is difficult at best. We're in internal talks about adding some API functions for that, it's going to take some time and maybe some recoding on our part to make that easier. Sorry.

Maybe I'm putting myself out to the danger of getting flayed alive...

Despite rumors, the ACE team does not flay people for good honest questions. We do get cranky at repeat topics now and then, just because we are human and sometimes very tired. Just give us a little slack, and do try to check back a few pages in case a topic was recently discussed.

Did someone say btw that using the Vector binos doesnt work properly? I think i read that when lasing it will go 1st person quick - wich is cool by me for the time being - but when i turn the laser on it shuts off automatically after 1-2 seconds. I have the new userconfig files and i press R to activate it.

I have to correct what I wrote earlier about the new rangefinder.

This is the file that needs copying from C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACE\userconfig\ace_keys.hpp

to C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_keys.hpp

When I use the rangefinder I press the R key....gives me my vector to target....left mouse click then put a short laser burst to target and shows the vector and range on my screen.

Press R key and battery is turned off...range and vector no longer displayed.

Works fine.....more fiddly than before though.

:)

EDIT: What you guys need is this webpage (showing ACE version) i check it everyday. Make it a favourite qickly! :)

Link: http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main

Nah it works.

Just follow what BobbyC101st said. You gotta turn it on, r button, then left-click for range. r button again to turn off. Genius!