Sign in to follow this  
sick1

Seal team six 3

Hey nice campaign awesome to be back in business. Just wondering how the hell do I confirm if ACE wounding system is on? I keep toggling cos im never sure.

If you are using the current version it's on. Just press the right windows key near an injured unit.

Everything seems to work fine for me now.

Weapon resting

biped deplyment

Sight adjustment

wounding system (Rwin)

I have been testing various weapons and equipment and some of it doesnt work.

Any kind of headgear (earplugs, glasses, balaclava, gasmasks)

Tear gas grenades

Chemlights

HuntIR

I have tried and tested these on "road to freedom" too and they all work, the only thing i don't know about are the chemlights because you are not issued with them in RTF so somewhere along the line there is a missing script or as you say maybe they are not compatible with the Mercs

Sick, you really know how to make missions difficult...hehehe... those guys in the first town of the first mission are soooo well dug in that all my long range weapons found no use at all! My team was forced to assault the town using skorpions! hahhahaha! It was intense and fun! Well done! now... to work out how to finish the first town without getting any of my guys killed...mmm...

After reloding a previous save game I lose all ACE interactions... Any idea to solve this? Mission 5 sealsix3 option1. This is very annoying...

Yes thats an ACE Problem. If you restart Arma and load a savegame suddenly all ACE Features are gone. Including the wounding system! You just have to restart then.

Finished the hostage rescue Mission. Very good^^

Disappointing! Hope this should be solved soon to enjoy this fantastic campaign again...

^.. Yup, very disappointing for me as I cannot heal my guys nor reload my crew served AGS30 after reload...sigh... hope ACE sort it out soon. In the meantime, This is still a fantastic campaign and I am going to complete my mission with or without ACE keys! :)

Got through the first town at last without any of my guys dead... moving on!

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Hey Sick I was wondering, because the Desert mercs and black ops are having problems being compatible with gasmasks, HuntIR and a couple of the other tools maybe you could try an ACE soldier set found here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8668 ACE ghost squad with personalities, not sure if it would make things worse or better but its your campaign you get to choose what you think is best

Well I created a ticket for the reloading issue, and it has been resolved already. It was a CBA Bug and will be fixed in the upcoming update, with mean half an hour waiting

Hey Sick I was wondering, because the Desert mercs and black ops are having problems being compatible with gasmasks, HuntIR and a couple of the other tools maybe you could try an ACE soldier set found here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8668 ACE ghost squad with personalities, not sure if it would make things worse or better but its your campaign you get to choose what you think is best

Well the issue with that is thoes guys are army and they look nothing like seals. Maybe we can try and get the author of the mercs to release an ace compatible addon. No worries about the next campaign though. It will use the ACE troops.

The Problem is that his Units have defined empty eventhandlers classes. This means XEH Eventhandlers won´t work for them. Thats at least what the ACE Guys say

Those of you having problems with resuming saved games with this campaign or any missions or campaigns saved using ACE2, I have good news. I experimented with this for a day and these are my findings:

Ok, first of all, you need to identify your symptom. If you are getting:

1. CTD when resuming saved game:

Please make sure you are playing ACE missions and campaigns with your DEFAULT PROFILE. Please do not use OTHER PROFILES as ACE seems to crash when accessing the other profile folder.

2. Freezing at Difficulty screen:

Make sure you have all the required addons loaded. In my tests, I only get this when I accidentally leave out some required addons.

3. Apparent Freezing at LOADING screen:

The loading bar is full but won't move on to the "receiving" screen and your task manager would say ArmA2 has stopped working. This is FAKE! :) The game is STILL LOADING! ACE2 takes a hell long time to load... sometimes up to 1 to 2 mins at the loading screen looking like it has frozen. Just wait about 2 mins and it will get to the receiving screen. :)

Well this is what happens to me. When I save it takes longer and when I load it hangs. I left it for 10 minutes and it still didn't load. When I was making Campaign 3 I saved a lot and never had a problem. What gives? This is really making it hard for me to work on the next campaign.

@Sick1, I am not sure if the latest ACE update changes anything because I saw that they just updated again a few hours ago and I am sure as hell not going to update it until I clear this final part of mission 1 without any of the ACE keys! hahahaha.

10 mins at the loading screen? Is the loading bar full? Does it say loading on the screen or something else?

Yeah it says loading and is full. I love and hate ACE.

@Sick1, well, that's when you have to wait for it to load. Even with my rig, I need to wait for about 2 mins. I can imagine anyone with a slower CPU would have to wait a LOT longer. By the way, I tested this symptom over 20 times today with various configurations and I am very sure that's how it is.

Thanks for your help, but what would explain why it worked perfectly fine before? I'm gonna try and reinstall arma2.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

So does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for your help, but what would explain why it worked perfectly fine before? I'm gonna try and reinstall arma2.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

So does anyone else have this problem?

Can't explain it sick, that was what i was trying to say many posts back (and get scolded by some noob for being a whining bitch). It just happens and I can only think it is ACE but sickboy told me they don't get it on their side so we can only accept it.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Can't explain it sick, that was what i was trying to say many posts back. It just happens and I can only think it is ACE but sickboy told me they don't get it on their side so we can only accept it.

It's definitely ACE because I run Arma 2 without ACE for other missions and it works fine. Kind of makes me want to not create campaigns for ACE if players can't save.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Does everybody have this problem or just a few?

It's definitely ACE because I run Arma 2 without ACE for other missions and it works fine. Kind of makes me want to not create campaigns for ACE if players can't save.

thats the problem creating missions for mods which are in their beta stage... when it gets updated so often, you will have a hard time catching up...if ACE's updating is a problem, then just make campaign 3 ACE and stick to non-ACE for campaign 4 until ACE gets finalised (campaign 4 sounds way too interesting to risk getting broken!!! :) ). Players are frustrated over all these ACE related issues as well. Things like CTD, loss of ACE keys etc...loss of ACE keys is definitely a breaker as it prevents anyone from being healed, making the campaign ultra difficult as nobody can afford to get hurt (you might want to revert to BIS wounding system and remove ACE wounding system for now due to this). ACE is a fantastic mod but its still in beta so we need to accept it as it is for now. SEALs campaigns are interesting enough to hold its own without ACE. :)

Edited by jasonnoguchi

How far have you gotten in the campaign Jason?

How far have you gotten in the campaign Jason?

Mission 1, interrogated the sub boss, cleared the training camp and now waiting for sunset before moving into the helo base. Almost impossibly difficult due to loss of ACE keys which makes it impossible to heal anyone which is why I took soooo long to get this far. Not to mention that every revert takes a few mins.. :(

Mission 1, interrogated the sub boss, cleared the training camp and now waiting for sunset before moving into the helo base. Almost impossibly difficult due to loss of ACE keys which makes it impossible to heal anyone which is why I took soooo long to get this far. Not to mention that every revert takes a few mins.. :(

Yeah that's another piece of suck Ace has caused with the campaign, however the Seal addon will be updated soon and will be compatible with ACE:)

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

You know if you are able to run without ACE, Option 2 has the BIS medic modules. Something to think about.

Yeah that's another piece of suck Ace has caused with the campaign, however the Seal addon will be updated soon and will be compatible with ACE:)

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

You know if you are able to run without ACE, Option 2 has the BIS medic modules. Something to think about.

Got it! :)

By the way, the next mission is going to use troopers rather than SEALs?? geeez.... -1

Edited by jasonnoguchi

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Does everybody have this problem or just a few?

I can not save ACE missions either, although if you delete your ARMA 2 profile before you load the game you can save games, but only once. It is funny