Sign in to follow this  
sick1

Seal team six 3

You have to put Specter in the Config File? Man who could have thought of that?

jasonnoguchi this is CHEATING!!!!!! that was not the sense of this mission!!!!! you just had to blew up with the chopper! man this is tipic italian style!!!!! But the italian here is me.... You won this battle but not the war!

hahahaha!!!! Makes no sense to me to blow up an attack chopper when we have to destroy a cartel base, sorry, war is ugly...heheheh.. you won't believe how easy the next mission is when I describe to you... just one last bit left to go. :)

jasonnoguchi this is CHEATING!!!!!! that was not the sense of this mission!!!!! you just had to blew up with the chopper! man this is tipic italian style!!!!! But the italian here is me.... You won this battle but not the war!

Tell me about it, there where many occasions when I was in iraq holed up a few hundred feet away from an insurgent wadi. If only it was that easy for me to run over to a helipad suddenly get immediatly aquainted with the controls ( "Trinity i need a readout on a blackhawk" ) Take off and just save the day.

Finished Fallen King in 27 mins. Another easy one.

Once the helo land, the A10 has already bombed the hell out of the castle and the whole hill top was burning like anything. We quickly setup the Mk19 launcher we brought along and then rained another 6 mags of 30mm hell on the hill top. Waited for a while, killed a couple of remaining enemies coming down the hill and saw no more red dots on the map. Got into the lav and then went up to the hill. Had to get out to kill an SPG (which hit our lav but didn't quite hurt it. the CAVS adjustments by ACE was really good here. the stock one would have gone fubar!) and Metis a tank. After which, got right back into the LAV, drove straight up to the center of the castle and then speznaz started spawning RIGHT UNDER MY WHEELS, which was funny, because all I had to do was move front and back 20 plus times and grind them all under my wheels... mission complete. :)

Strangely, I was secretly pleased that it is not the end of the campaign..hehehee.. Moving on 6!

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Already ended Swift gamblit now on Prime chance.... You have to assault an entire town without air support (where are ah-1z?). You need assault weapons (I think on mg's and smaw) to end this one but it seems that wouldn't be any easy.... I have to think something about that....

Already ended Swift gamblit now on Prime chance.... You have to assault an entire town without air support (where are ah-1z?). You need assault weapons (I think on mg's and smaw) to end this one but it seems that wouldn't be any easy.... I have to think something about that....

Set up a crew served Mk19 and rain death on the town before moving in! :)

Pavel Barkov is History.... Finally ended Seals six 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much to my ATV with a full load of weapons and bendages I eradicated the Evil from Panthera Island!!!!! I take my ATV with me before destroying the bridge and so I could take all that baddies to hell.... Thank you so much Sick1... I really enjoyed it and i'm awaiting your next job!!!!

Hey Jason/Marbessi, quick question, I'm on Iron.... Still! I have the AGs + the M2 setup on the hill with a shit load of ammo but noone in my crew can reload the ammo? Only 2 of the crew can mount them, Specter and Reaver but neither can add ammo to the guns?? What's missing? And man, if I wasn't working 15 hour days I'd be right there with you! Like the mission updates too, although I use the intel to develop my own strategies.. :) All in all, a huge thanks Sick1, where would Arma2 be without such a dedicated crew... We are blessed! Now it's time to rain down he'll! ( with empty guns :( )

Hey Jason/Marbessi, quick question, I'm on Iron.... Still! I have the AGs + the M2 setup on the hill with a shit load of ammo but noone in my crew can reload the ammo? Only 2 of the crew can mount them, Specter and Reaver but neither can add ammo to the guns?? What's missing? And man, if I wasn't working 15 hour days I'd be right there with you! Like the mission updates too, although I use the intel to develop my own strategies.. :) All in all, a huge thanks Sick1, where would Arma2 be without such a dedicated crew... We are blessed! Now it's time to rain down he'll! ( with empty guns :( )

press r to reload. sometimes it can take a while

Awesome campaign!!!

Here's what I like:

Scenic Variety - Panthera and Isla Duela adds a nice little get away from Chenarus, which I've been all over at this point.

Mission Variety - BIS outta hire you as a level designer, I honestly had no idea you could do have the suff you've pulled off in this campaign! The hostage rescue mission at the US embassy in Isla Duala was some of the most fun I've had in ArmaII. While the game ai isn't necessarily built around urban combat, I managed to have a lot of fun with it. This mission reminds me of the good ol' days of Rainbow Six (before it want to console and became soooo linear).

Voice acting - adds a very nice touch, while I admit the voice actors are no Tom Hanks or Daniel Day Lewis, it still adds a sense of immersion into the game.

What i didn't like so much:

Bugs - A lot of the time the mission tasks wont update in a few mission. I meant to write down when this happened, but I honestly got so into the mission and what not I just kept playing . . . lol.

Right now, however, I'm stuck on Operation Swift Gambit. The task where I'm supposed to help the CIA guy never showed up, and once I helped him he was still considered a bad guy even after he joined my team, so my mates killed him. And now the extract hasn't shown up on my tasks/objectives so I honestly don't know where to go because I was too busy trying to save mr.CIA and didn't pay attention to the radio brief.

However I can't find anything I don't like in the gameplay or mission design. Other than a few bugs to squish this campaign is absolutely superb.

Battle on!

Jon

Yes i noticed a few situations where i would get the text saying objective complete and even marked off on the map but the task bar didn't stay a solid color or update for the next objective/extraction.

My cia man also showed up as opfor on the map probably because of the uniform, and i tried to escape the meeting using the car but he kept prancing around rather than boarding. If i switched player to the cia man "specter" opens fire on him because of the opfor problem

Also i found the ACE FAQ on preloading rucks

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#API

Edited by Archamedes

press r to reload. sometimes it can take a while

Yeah, tried that.... sooo many times, I expected the long load times as the TOW on the Humvee takes ages, but i guess i will try it again. Any second opinions? Jason, didnt you have some issues with mounted weapons in the earlier missions? Maybe the hostage mission?

Im still stuck on swift gambit. I cleared out the town of specops and grabbed the boat, but dunno where to go to exfil because my task/objectives didn't update since the "stop the massacre" objective. I helped the CIA guy, but he died considering my SEAL team still saw him as an enemy, and now im driving around he ocean . . .

Im still stuck on swift gambit. I cleared out the town of specops and grabbed the boat, but dunno where to go to exfil because my task/objectives didn't update since the "stop the massacre" objective. I helped the CIA guy, but he died considering my SEAL team still saw him as an enemy, and now im driving around he ocean . . .

The objective should complete when all members are in the boat. Sorry about the issue with the CIA guy.

@Sick1 are you planning on making a Seal Campaign on Chernarus, It could be quite interesting. :)

Instead of on these mod maps...

The objective should complete when all members are in the boat. Sorry about the issue with the CIA guy.

Unless theres an issue with the game, the boat only allows 4 out of my 5 guys still alive to get in . . . guess someones gonna have to swallow a bullet . . .

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

@Sick1 are you planning on making a Seal Campaign on Chernarus, It could be quite interesting. :)

Instead of on these mod maps...

Most of this 3rd SEAL campaign is on Chenarus.

@Armafreak, you need to use the ACE keys to reload crew mounted weapons. Right window key. :) Get really close hit the key and wait 5 to 20 seconds depending on the speed of your rig. After that, a crew served weapon menu pops up with many nice looking icons. Refer to the ACE features guide for more details and pictures. :)

@Flash Thunder, many of the missions in this campaign already are on Chernarus in case you never noticed. :) About half of them are. Sick don't wanna make the whole thing on Chenarus because it is a very slow map and performance is his top concern when making missions.

@USRanger, I will be doing Swift Gambit in a couple of hours time (after I wrap up my work! hahahhaa) and will report if I get the same "bugs".

@Marbessi, CONGRATS for being the first to announce completion of this campaign! :) Darn, I wanna be the first one but, sigh, a fever took me out of action yesterday so I wasn't playing. How does Barkov's ass feel? smooth and tender? hahahhaha

@Sick1, is the A10 in Fallen King supposed to go around on its own attacking the castle before the team touch down? I was thinking of calling it in for more tactical purposes but it went ahead of us and blew the hell out of the place..hahahah

Edited by jasonnoguchi

discovered another bug: on the final mission, when you regroup with FT Bravo, the two choppers that deliver the SEALS fight for the same invisible helipad, causing either two to crash, just hover there and do nothing, or have seals start jumping out at hi altitude killing them all . . .

@USRanger, you don't happen to also be running GL4 when playing SEALS, are you?

nope, why?

Geez, are those guys in the final phase of swift gambit wearing bullet proof vests or what? They take like 4 times the normal damage in order to drop, making it impossible to kill all of them fast enough before they shoot the hostages :(