Sign in to follow this  
sick1

Seal team six 3

I got Seal team 6 working again! yayayayya! Don't even want to mention how spastic that was...hehehehe. WELCOME BACK 6!

(by the way, that rusky HQ man's voice yours sick? :) )

Yeah that's all me. Glad you got it working. Are you aware of the helo problem? If not you should know that the ACE version crashes on mission three. I'm waiting for the Ace team to fix it. If you can't wait go ahead and play the none ACE version.

Even with my strange message, I can still manage to play and...

Wow, first experience with ACE and it's amazing!!! Even for the pre-mission inventory it's more classy than bringing tons of add-ons since a lot of great stuff is in there. And we don't have duplicates and so on...

I've been starting editing some missions on my own (newbie) and I'm trully considering using ACE in it!!!

By the way Sick1, like I said I learned how to edit some simple missions with the triggers etc., building a briefing.sqf for it with objectives, note well the basic things to make a mission and finish it. From this point, is it really complicated to bring a suite of missions together to script a campaign?

Even with my strange message, I can still manage to play and...

Wow, first experience with ACE and it's amazing!!! Even for the pre-mission inventory it's more classy than bringing tons of add-ons since a lot of great stuff is in there. And we don't have duplicates and so on...

I've been starting editing some missions on my own (newbie) and I'm trully considering using ACE in it!!!

By the way Sick1, like I said I learned how to edit some simple missions with the triggers etc., building a briefing.sqf for it with objectives, note well the basic things to make a mission and finish it. From this point, is it really complicated to bring a suite of missions together to script a campaign?

No it's pretty simple. Un pbo my campaign and check it out.

I just downloaded the option 2 again from the link you recently posted.

Now i get 2 errors. Still corrupt file: saying "CRC failed in option 2; file corrupt"

and now a new error saying "unexpected end of archive"

I don't want to start the ACE one and miss mission 3.

I just downloaded the option 2 again from the link you recently posted.

Now i get 2 errors. Still corrupt file: saying "CRC failed in option 2; file corrupt"

and now a new error saying "unexpected end of archive"

I don't want to start the ACE one and miss mission 3.

Okay I'm re uploading it.

You know what sick? For Seal Team 4, you really need to give it something of a nice intro. :) Your campaigns have been really fun and fulfills a niche. There isn't another specop campaign maker out there at all and you really need to make yours THE BEST! :) If you need Asian voice acting (maybe for a campaign against PLA? hahahaha) I am available. :)

Hey Sick. I have problems with the end of the first mission.

When I get detected and fail the mission all of my savegames for the mission get deleted and the mission starts over from the beginning. I do not even get an OPTION to revert. This is EXTREMELY frustrating because I am not a "stealth" type player and trying to be sneaky is very hard and frustrating for me, but then to have all my savegames negated and forced to re-start the mission makes me want to throw my monitor out the window :( Is this intended or is it a bug? It's happened to me twice so far.

UPDATE

TRY this one for OPTION 2

damm broke again. please standby

@MacScottie it should not be doing that. Something somewhere is wrong. It should save them even after death. Have you tried team switching?

Edited by Sick1

Im having problems with level one. I spent an hour on my own circling the base and sniping soldiers out to th point where it looks empty enough, but i just can't get into it everytime i get close I seem to be spotted, But doing a quick 360 scan around there doesn't seem to be anyone there. Can someone at least tell me where the computer is located so i have an area to concentrate on? There is a soldier sitting at a desk with a computer at the south of the base but it doesn't do anything when you get right up to it.

I had to do endmission because it was getting too frustrating

I have to be honest. So far im not enjoying it, Its impossible to complete the missions with the "fail if detected" script on. In mission 2 I am getting noticed by soldiers that can somehow see me in my camo gear hiding on the grass in pitch darkness. I have only managed to put the beacon on he chopper and that took 2 hours and countless reverts. I have attempted to get into the base from multiple directions and its always the same, soldiers from miles away notices me and half the time i can't even see where the enemy is. Shooting out the lights just pisses them off even more and they always conviniently know exactly who to shoot at even if the lights are on the opposite side of the runway. I am not sure if its ACE or not but the soldiers are far too "eagle eyed" observant NVGs or not making it impossible to get anywhere, I am gonna give it a few more tries then give up. I don't want to give up on this campaign because your first 2 are the best I have played, But its gone from enjoyable to frustrating.

Edited by Archamedes

I'm sorry about all the issues you guys are having. They will all be fixed in the next update really soon.

Here are some tips to help with mission 1 and 2.

The final objective in mission one can be completed this way. The computer is right in front of the soldier sitting in the chair. If you are seen in that area the alarm will raise. Snipe the soldier in the chair and make sure it's a clean head shot. The idea is to takeout any threats that are in that area. Remember there is a sniper in the watch tower. Ones you think the area is clear go prone and head to the computer. An action command will appear when you are close enough. Move around a little if it does not appear at first. Send the signal then go prone and head back to the forested area. Wait for the chopper to land and the signal for HQ and you golden. This objective is not an easy task you can simply just run through. It forces you to use recon skills to gather intel and plan your action.

Mission two can be a very fun mission if you take your time. Here are some tips that will help you. Surrounding the base there are guard towers with snipers wearing NVGs. IF you are spotted or shot by these soldier the mission will not fail, but foot patrols will head in that direction. The only way you get a mission fail is that if any soldier within the compound fires a shot the alarm will be raised. This excludes snipers. Take your time and scout out an area before proceeding. If you are good enough you can complete the mission with out firing a single shot.

Edited by Sick1

hey, I'm an old timer and I don't know what ACE stands for I just got a vista system to play these new games and i'm lost I would like to down load your mods. but if you could please make an "idiot proof" way to install. thanks =)

Old Timer

Ok will try again. Sorry I'm just so frustrated because of all the issues with ACE. I think i managed to fluke install it the first time (really didnt know what i was doing but it worked.) But now they have updates and for some reason i cannot update or know how to do it properly

Ok first you need This Data

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-arma-updater

Install the Programm into Arma 2/Six-Updater

Now get somewhere the Six-Updater.yml

You can get it here

http://rapidshare.com/files/325003918/six-updater.yml.html

Put this File into the Arma2/Six-Updater Folder

Start the Six Updater, select Option 2

everything should be installed now

UPDATES

V1.2 changelog

1. Added weapons to helos so that players can choose to load rucksacks. Only applies to ACE versions.

2. Fixed some small trigger issues with first mission.

Option 1 V1.2

http://www.filefront.com/15205003/undefined

Option 2 V1.2

http://www.filefront.com/15204631/undefined

Option 3 V1.2

http://www.filefront.com/15204169/undefined

If you are using ACE make sure and download the update tonight to fix the helo problem.

Edited by Sick1

Just wondering is that latest version using the ACE wounding system? I hate the stock wounding system where it takes a full clip to take down a enemy, I'd rather just enable the ACE one even if it's WIP.

the stock wounding system takes a full clip to take down an enemy??? Impossible... I can down an enemy at 300m within 5 shots max on an M4.

Okay. I redid mission one and i now had access to the computer, for some reason i had no action menu come up the first time i tried it so I have now completed mission one without using "endmission."

Still very tricky to get into the base in mission 2 but im going to persivere with it.

One suggestion i do have would be to have an optional (not compulsary) task in disabling the base's lights by flicking the circuit breakers. Have the power house as one of the buildings just on the outside of the base. This wold make it a bit safer than shooting out the lights and risking enemies going mad. This way they will think its a power cut instead of some intruder taking shots at the lights

Okay. I redid mission one and i now had access to the computer, for some reason i had no action menu come up the first time i tried it so I have now completed mission one without using "endmission."

Still very tricky to get into the base in mission 2 but im going to persivere with it.

One suggestion i do have would be to have an optional (not compulsary) task in disabling the base's lights by flicking the circuit breakers. Have the power house as one of the buildings just on the outside of the base. This wold make it a bit safer than shooting out the lights and risking enemies going mad. This way they will think its a power cut instead of some intruder taking shots at the lights

Thats sounds cool, but i have no idea how to make all the lights turn off. If enough people find that mission 2 is to hard or frustration i will edit it to make it easier. I'm not going to lie it is a challenge. Ace really screws up the stealth aspects of Arma 2.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Updated versions

V1.3

Changelog

1. Made Seals less likely to be detected in mission2.

2. Removed infinite ammo from mission 3.

Option 1

http://www.filefront.com/15212679/undefined

Option 2

http://www.filefront.com/15212193/option2SealTEAMSix3V1.2.rar/

Option 3

http://www.filefront.com/15212365/option3SealTEAMSix3V1.3.rar/

Edited by Sick1

I cant seem to get The chemlights to work or the rocket cam thing. It launches from the 203 but doesn't pop and the monitor doesn't detect a signal.

Oh yeah, there is an ACE single mission in this forum called road to freedom and it has the ability to pack the rucks in the mission briefing so sick, you could download the mission UNpbo it and see the scripts needed to get it working for ST6

Edited by Archamedes

I cant seem to get The chemlights to work or the rocket cam thing. It launches from the 203 but doesn't pop and the monitor doesn't detect a signal.

Oh yeah, there is an ACE single mission in this forum called road to freedom and it has the ability to pack the rucks in the mission briefing so sick, you could download the mission UNpbo it and see the scripts needed to get it working for ST6

Cool I'll check it out.