Sign in to follow this  
gabe_ruckus

New Medal of Honor game trailer

It's EA, in their typical fashion, realizing far too late that there's no more money in WWII FPSes and moving into the modern day setting only to be called a copycat of every franchise which has already successfully done so. There isn't any word other than copycat, however, to describe what they're doing.

The game itself looks very "meh".

At this rate, the "modern setting" is going to be exhausted very fast, i wounder what will be next? The Future! (CarrierCommand Style :P)

I always had the impression - although personal experience is limited to some demos of each - that MoH was in a similiar vain to CoD but with gameplay which was a bit more realistic and mature than CoD - a fair comment?

From the trailer it looks very similiar to CoD, even has the helicopter gunner missions.

If only the Hidden & Dangerous series made a new, modern version... unfortunately thats merely a dream.

That's because the original IW staff came from the staff developing the original Medal of Honor games, HotShot. ;)

I always had the impression - although personal experience is limited to some demos of each - that MoH was in a similiar vain to CoD but with gameplay which was a bit more realistic and mature than CoD - a fair comment?

The earlier CoDs were more realistic in that you generally played a 'conventional' soldier. In contrast, MoH missions tended to be 'secret agent' storylines.

It does indeed look like a ridiculously stupid choice for the look of your main character...

Edit: Oh, lol. Just like in MW2, you're part of an "elite group". This time you're Tier 1 Operators.

Edit 2: Man, everyone and their dog is cashing in on IW's mistake:

Q: Are you keeping the PC community in mind for this game? Please don’t do just a simple port!

A: We take the PC version of our game as seriously as we do any other version.

Edited by Zipper5

If only the Hidden & Dangerous series made a new, modern version... unfortunately thats merely a dream.

I would love a true to the roots sequal to Hidden and Dangerous 1 and 2.

In this modern gaming 'society' though, it isnt going to happen. Especially since the company that made H&D is bought by some big fish i can't remember.

All big fishes smell though.

Looks good. If it doesn't rely on spamming you with moronic AI and a stupidly short SP then it could be a better game. Besides being modern it doesn't look like COD to me.

COD lost it's charm for me after COD2.

I found the early CoD games to be more realistic than MoH, I believe Infinity Ward even left EA behind and created the first CoD because of the lack of realism in MoH. Then they get themselves bought again, this time by Activision and dumb down the level of realism in CoD as Activision tells them to. Surely they didn't see that one coming when they sold their souls to the other brand-raping devil aka Activision :rolleyes:

Positive things:

-The setting. Rural Afghanistan(/Pakistan?), almost impassable terrain, great choice.

Realistic expectations:

-It's an "EA" game branded "Medal of Honor". The perfect recipe for puppet-on-a-string gameplay, complete lack of replay-ability and a lack of realism in everything, especially the press-releases and advertisements. 2-3 hours of "Nothing you haven't seen before, move along!" gameplay if the ever shortening campaigns of previous installments are an indication. And the fanbase shows the level of fail in this product by only talking how bad the graphics looks. Quite frankly that was the least of my concerns when that "EA" logo popped up ... :butbut:

Still, EA will throw in a few million for worldwide TV/mag ads and positive magazine reviews, and sell plenty of copies to the people that make up their customer base, the uninformed, the underaged and the underdeveloped.

Anyone want to hire me to do reviews for their magazine? I will always be brutally honest when I play a bad game, so 95% of the reviews in your magazine will be negative ones with a score of less than 25/100, meaning no big publisher will deal with your company anymore, but that's the price you have to pay for objective journalism :yay:

Gah, MW copy. They even copied the music. Which was copied from C&C Generals.

well, cod has the modern warfare throne to themselves, MOH won't stand a chance.

CoD never had a form of realism. Either gameplay wise or otherwise.

Hell, Russians with 1 rifle per 2 guys? Please. The Russians had more weapons than they had men to equip them with.

Nor did they have NKVD at the back of each assault wave to gun down any man that did a single step back...

NKVD operated behind the lines, catching deserters that were miles away from the front.

Just like every other army did.

Hidden & Dangerous III ... Yes. Nice dream.

I say dont judge too harshly until the game is actually released, it might turn out ok! The medal of honor series has been hit & miss over the years, but I enjoyed Allied assault on the PC, as well as Frontline on the PS2 & the first couple of games on the PS1 (graphics are appalling by todays standards, but werent bad 10 years ago & it was the first time we all got to play a WW2 FPS barring wolfenstein) I enjoyed Pacific assault too but was far from impressed by the airbourne one, that stank!

Although I dont own MW2 myself, a lot of my gaming mates do own it, and most have said although its nicely presented, there is too much action going on, wave after wave of relentless enemies that never give you a chance to breath! If this MoH one tones it down a bit but still keeps enough going on to be fun, then it could do ok!

hate to harp on about what i already said about cod2 but trickster is right...they simply throw baddies your way it turns into a game of duck hunt on crack where all you have to do is keep your left finder on the lmb and move you mouse is vaguely diagonal directions across the screen...oh and don't forget to pause and wipe the red bull and cheetos from you mouth every 15 mins or so. Plus you spend the entire game having to "follow" other people not allowing for any kind of moving about by your own accord. If you try it you get enemy spammed and die.

Anyway so if this new MOH game can be in a modern setting and be in the least bit better than codmw2 on those counts above then imo it will be a must buy

I've been following this game since the announcement and trailer. According to the info I found, the campaign is historical fiction set during the current War in Afghanistan. If your wondering, the guy with a beard is a Delta Force Operator and yes, special forces in Afghanistan did sport beards. This will most likely be a little more realistic than MW2.

Also, why do people, even on these forums think this game is a copy of MW2? I thought people on these forums hated MW2? Besides, didn't MW2 copy off a lot of other games? Like BF2? EA is Bad Company 2 and that's a set in the Modern Era. So, why do people think this?

Other than that, I'm greatly looking forward to this game.

Also, why do people, even on these forums think this game is a copy of MW2? I thought people on these forums hated MW2? Besides, didn't MW2 copy off a lot of other games? Like BF2? EA is Bad Company 2 and that's a set in the Modern Era. So, why do people think this?

It's just like the people why said ArmA was a copy of BF2. They see some similar stuff and make assumptions.

MW2 was just the same stuff as the previous games but shinier with some extra gimmicks. All you need is mass advertising any everybody buys it thinking it's something new and special.

I'm looking forward to this new MOH game. It does seem to stay closer to reality instead of trying to be some crazy Hollywood movie, at least that's the impression I get from what I've read about it.

Notice the action in the trailer never goes overboard, it's a little more authentic looking.

I'm sure it's no ArmA, no doubt it will be a relatively simple action game. But some realistic elements can make it more unique than COD.

at least that's the impression I get from what I've read about it.

Exactly. EA bought a load of positive magazine/website articles and everybody keeps falling for it again and again with their crappy products, just like they do with Codemasters' crappy products. Just like DR would be the most realistic thing ever according to CM and the magazines/websites that didn't even bother to check the game and write something themselves, but instead printed CM' PR speech down to the letter as if it were a real review. After all, that's what major companies pay for. No positive light on EA products = EA not buying advertisement space in that magazine/website, which is by far the largest source of income for most of these "journalistic" outlets. It's simple economics that has been going on for years, and has made companies like EA, Activision and CM the biggest in the business. Lie, cheat, steal and deceive is the name of the game.

Notice the action in the trailer never goes overboard, it's a little more authentic looking.

The moment a cellphone attached to an IED sends the electronic signal to detonate is less than 1/10 of a second before it explodes (pretty much instantely, the ringtone wouldn't even play before the phone is vaporized). Never mind yelling out to your team and kicking it out of the building (an office chair with wheels under them, how convenient :D )

This will again be Hollywood all the way, just like all MoH games before it, and those that are still to come.

This will again be Hollywood all the way, just like all MoH games before it, and those that are still to come.

Probably, but if it's fun, what does it matter?