Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

OKB O915 Presents BMD-1 pack v1.0

After playing with it for a while, I think the suspension on BMD-1 is too soft :rolleyes:

BMD vs BMD = 1 shot 1 kill. BMP3 vs BMD = some 8 shots to kill it off. :) Dont know what the AI shot with though. Might been HE but still.

Suspension maybe tad soft - but not much. Really like the more realistic rocking/wobble when starting/stopping. :)

Super.

really like it, that grenade launcher really shoots level forever doesn't it ;) but yeah, think maybe the suspention is a little soft, hit rocks with it in roads and stand it up a couple times. Though I can't wait for the second one to come out, think it's awesome. Wish they would come out with the plane and the vdv skins!

and btw any idea when the vdv soldier skins will be coming out?

Edited by Red Fox RUS

BMD vs BMD = 1 shot 1 kill. BMP3 vs BMD = some 8 shots to kill it off. :) Dont know what the AI shot with though. Might been HE but still.

Suspension maybe tad soft - but not much. Really like the more realistic rocking/wobble when starting/stopping. :)

Super.

as they gave armor equal BIS T72, you are surprised that this BMD is too strong ?

armor 650 for APC while such value is given by BIS for T72

if weapons are too strong than also such BMD has "one shot one kill"

as they gave armor equal BIS T72, you are surprised that this BMD is too strong ?

armor 650 for APC while such value is given by BIS for T72

if weapons are too strong than also such BMD has "one shot one kill"

... obviously there was a error in the config. Final fix will have better values. No need to patronize.

One problem, it is too strange behavior of the suspension, does not feel the weight, it jumps to the irregularities.

Одним Ñловам ппц как козлит :D

List of things that will be in the update:

1. Fixed armour values

2. Updated Config by kju

3. Shadow LOD fix for 1P

4. Iraqi cargo problem

5. Tweaked suspension (may or may NOT be updated, depending on results)

very nice mod, congrats! :)

An improvment i would reccommed would be to include an compressed air sound when lowering the suspension on the tank, would add more realism to the system me thinks :D

It's strange. Where are those Smersh's VDV screenshoots? Not in the same thread?

Found another "bug".

When AI is in charge of the gun they have a hard time (impossible) to aim high or low enough. I pin pointed this problem to the fact that they shoot too high or too low at times. For example a helicopter flew by and the AI gunner is following the heli movement but cant aim higher to start shooting at it. I thaught first it didnt reach higher and took over - i could aim way above the heli.

Maybe something to look into. :)

Alex

soul assassin,I tried this for the first time yesterday...no words to describe the beauty.....addon like this make a2 reaches the realism it deserves

hope you will add other rus vehicles with the same concept(btr,tanks,etc)

for me,one of the best addon ever...

yeah I would love to see that Russian tank the vdv uses that is light weight and can be dropped from the planes also :)

yeah I would love to see that Russian tank the vdv uses that is light weight and can be dropped from the planes also :)

VDV doesn't use para-droppable tanks.

Red Fox the one you are talking about is the one that was released... The BMD Series can be air dropped from vehicles.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6
Typo

Soul Assassin, thanks for providing the model.cfg for your addon, very much appreciated as there is little information available to learn from. Prompted me to rewrite my cfg file which was a mess (even though it worked it looks better now!). I notice you decided not to inherit sections from a base class (vehicle, tank) but instead list them all, any reason why? Sorry if this is a bit off topic I have a hunger for knowledge!

VDV doesn't use para-droppable tanks.

Sprut-SD could be regarded as a light tank I guess. And all the BMDs can be dropped of course.

Great job again btw! :)

Soul Assassin, thanks for providing the model.cfg for your addon, very much appreciated as there is little information available to learn from. Prompted me to rewrite my cfg file which was a mess (even though it worked it looks better now!). I notice you decided not to inherit sections from a base class (vehicle, tank) but instead list them all, any reason why? Sorry if this is a bit off topic I have a hunger for knowledge!

haha well when some things weren't working it was hard to know what was wrong so I just listed them all :P I know better now :)

thers an airdroppable SPG they use which is a varient of the PT-76

Since all of the above mentioned are made of very thin and soft materials to save weight they cannot be completely called tanks.

As to what comes next:

BMD-1 final patch

BMD-2 (however it will be released under RHS)

BMD-4 sometime

thers an airdroppable SPG they use which is a varient of the PT-76

Sprut SD is a varient of PT-76? Interesting... :D

Sprut SD is a varient of PT-76? Interesting... :D

It's long story... But in 70s was project "Sud'ya"/Judge (ob.934) as light tank as sucsessor of PT-76. Later it became Sprut SD.

a3603ebbdf5413f84e3390392ec.jpg

Edited by Ingeneer

Awesome work SA, just got a chance to have a good look at it, the extra animations really show that level of time and care that you usually only see in a good mod (as opposed to a production asset).

my only minor crit is with the smooth groups, I noticed a few faceted surfaces on details that should probably be smooth, like on those round things with the handles on them at the rear.

the textures look beautiful, they really are a work of art, I noticed some of the _co maps are 4096x4096, thats great, cause now i dont have to be afraid of using 4096's and if anyone asks ill just say that SA uses them too :)