Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

OKB O915 Presents BMD-1 pack v1.0

I was hoping for the ability to have interior view, but I can't complain TBH. I love the sights for the left and right hull gunners.. This addon truly was worth the wait! :D I can't wait to see what you have in store next(hopefully)!

The thing with interiors (aside from being only eye candy and utterly useless) is that all my cargo was outside and they would see the insides if a "View" LOD was present. The 3 crew members (Left side, right side and back seat) now serve a useful purpose of observing the sides and the back of the vehicle giving it almost 360% view. for say multiplayer this could be very interesting. Like a small fortress this is truly an airborne FIGHTING vehicle.

Try this in the editor: make it nighttime, put a BMD on the island (be driver) and put a squad of enemy somewhere in the distance. Turn to 3rd person, and make sure u can see the front of the vehicle. Now drive up to the enemy soldiers and watch all 3 MGs light up like a dragon :)

Edited by Soul_Assassin

Great stuff, champ! Excellent features, wonderful documentation, and superb textures (subtle nod to Topas). I can't believe we get this kind of work produced for free around here!

My only (and exceedingly minor) gripe - the gunner's index finger of the hand gripping the Konkurs (of the BMD1P) is a little... broken. :) Have a look and see what I mean.

EDIT - Also, and I'm not sure if this is an intended issue, but shooting the BMD with small arms kicks up dirt, rather than sparks. However, they are pretty dirty. ;)

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Hi,

how can i get the soldiers on the tank / vehicles like in your picture?

Thanks in advance!

Tino

@Tbuck

And please do remember to have a larger group of soldiers available; otherwise they will take their seats in the vehicle; those for whom there's no room left inside will sit on the hull ;)

gratz with a release! thx topas for textures ;)

@Soul Assasin,

can you limit the speed when suspension is lowered, since now we can go at full speed when lowered. In real life it can go at 15km/h when lowered or something like that...

also it would be nice if there would be a speed increase in water when watershield is deployed.

cursor MG sights are awesome, soooo realistic, you stunned me with them :)

P.S. shouldn't BMDs get a little nose up when driving, i mean it's good that at stopping they have nose down, but at starting they should have nose up too ;)

This thing is awesome! my VDV squad will crap themselves lol. I noticed you put on there you could do a vdv model or something with script? I have no clue how to do that but how would it be done? Never mind, should have read the read me file, durn even it is completely amazing!

Thank for and AWESOME piece of Russian Equipment!!!

Edited by Red Fox RUS

Congrats on the release. I look forward to use your desert unit on my island tommorow (final beta test before public release). Really love desert camo!

And kudos for posting the cfg/cpp stuff! For those of us just getting into modding, those resources are VERY useful!

Thanks!

gratz with a release! thx topas for textures ;)

@Soul Assasin,

can you limit the speed when suspension is lowered, since now we can go at full speed when lowered. In real life it can go at 15km/h when lowered or something like that...

also it would be nice if there would be a speed increase in water when watershield is deployed.

cursor MG sights are awesome, soooo realistic, you stunned me with them :)

P.S. shouldn't BMDs get a little nose up when driving, i mean it's good that at stopping they have nose down, but at starting they should have nose up too ;)

speed reduction not possible im afraid. and neither is the increase in water. all that is governed by one variable in the config, the nose up doesnt really happen becase I cant set the acceleration at the start to be high enough. the reason it works well when stopping is cuz the decelleration is really high.

Awesome addon as usual Soul Assassin :)

In surprised noone asked about the trucks in the first pics though, hehe ;)

@ShadowNX :

Congrats to release, i'll be sure to test this one out. And....what's with the Gaz-66(if i'm right) background of the first picture? Next project maybe? :p
:p;)

Damn nice work as usual, a real pleasure to play with these Bmd, thanks a lot guys ! :)

Hi,

the soldiers on tank dont work correctly on the iraqi version.

They are not visible on the tank if you far away. They pop up if you 50m away from the tank. the other versions dont have this problem.

Tino

@ okb

I saw a An-12 model at you page,maybe it's possible to release this for arma too with a load and parchute sytem like this in thei youtube vid?

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/B8tHiZ03U6c&hl=de_DE&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/B8tHiZ03U6c&hl=de_DE&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

I'll be happy if its possible!

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

the video

found on another topic in disscussions about vdv soldiers:

tVYmhyWSwyc

Having tons of fun with these babies. :)

Wondering where to ask when it comes to targeting by AI's when it comes to these BMD's. When i play with ACE and have an AI as gunner they seem to be unable to hit their targets by aiming way too high. MG as well as canon is missing by far when firing at >400 meters roughly. Always above.

Dont know if its this addon or ACE or plain ARMA2 that is the culprit though? If i knew i could report in the correct place. :) Thanks.

Alex

Here are improved configs you may to consider to use Soul Assassin. :)

Changes:

• Improved inheritance to have class code and sound replacements work
  • Several small fixes.
  • Changed formatting and structure

A few notes:

• You can use compareIt or any diff tool to see the changes.
  • Verified via mikero's tools, yet untested.
  • You seem to use ArmA I sounds at times. While they are still in the PBOs,
    their definition probably no longer work. At least they should be incomplete.
  • The index of the turrets for the Iraq version do not match to the standard model.
    Does not look like intentional (proxyIndex).

O915_Weapons

http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/339

SA_BMD_1

http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/340