Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

shift + k

shift + k only works when you dont have the Kestrel 4500 as its the same keycombination....

I have already made shots at 3200m with the Tac50 taking wind in to consideration....

I was wondering when the Kestral will be put in the ammo crate as an item.

Or..... what is the class name for it, so i can add it in to a dom mission and re pack it.

Cheers

Kestrel is in the tools list in the ACE2 classlist wiki page.

shift + k only works when you dont have the Kestrel 4500 as its the same keycombination....

I opened a bug on DevHeaven

it would be cool if you guys could make a variant of the M110 rifle that had a more muted camo paint scheme, like some of the M4s do. Right now the bright tan kinda stands out. Really love that weapon :)

is there a problem with dev-***heaven.***net/***wiki/***ace-***mod2?

it is saying link is broken. I wanted to check out the issues and see if anyone is having problems with AI helo's landing hard causing damage to the helo? Because I am working on a script that when I call the helo it flies to the pos but when it lands it lands hard causing damage to the helo

Ive heard something about a helicopter pilot using side view camera, but I coudn't find any documents on it.

Is it not implemented yet? or am I having a daydream...?

Really, can't believe you limited how far a troop can run again! I ran 200m blacked out and fell to the ground, wtf this game is no bf2/cod series game. The arma map is like 20x bigger than those wanabe games..Make a releastic running distance ffs.:mad:

Really, can't believe you limited how far a troop can run again! I ran 200m blacked out and fell to the ground, wtf this game is no bf2/cod series game. The arma map is like 20x bigger than those wanabe games..Make a releastic running distance ffs.:mad:

What was in your backpack? And were you running or sprinting?

:rolleyes:

I had a bit of the same issue on the 10th SFG server. Mk48, 900 rounds of ammo, huffing and puffing just walking.. I couldn't keep up with my team. Every 1:30min we had to rest for 1 minute just so I could walk. Got a bit frustrating.

I really don't mind the limits as much as the recovery time. The recovery time of an in shape person is not that long.

Edit: This was last week, so sorry if it changed since then.

Edited by Scrub

next time don't load out with 40kg of additional gear and expect to run long distances nonstop.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

I had a bit of the same issue on the 10th SFG server. Mk48, 900 rounds of ammo, huffing and puffing just walking.. I couldn't keep up with my team. Every 1:30min we had to rest for 1 minute just so I could walk. Got a bit frustrating.

I really don't mind the limits as much as the recovery time. The recovery time of an in shape person is not that long.

Knowing the guys on that server, if you are on teamspeak, you can ask if someone may offer to carry some of that ammo for yah, especially if you are running in a group. I do agree that the recovery time for the stamina is a bit long, longer even than in ACE1 it seems, that or my mind is just foggy.

What was in your backpack? And were you running or sprinting?

:rolleyes:

I had a DMR rifle, thats about 2-5kilo pack, running is sprinting. Considering the map is so big why is just pointless. you can run miles not metres with 20-40kg backpack on in real life.

I had a DMR rifle, thats about 2-5kilo pack, running is sprinting. Considering the map is so big why is just pointless. you can run miles not metres with 20-40kg backpack on in real life.

No, no you cannot.

Be happy you can go as far as you can and you aren't forced to airborne shuffle everywhere when you have a ruck on.

you can run miles not metres with 20-40kg backpack on in real life.

lol, no you cant! Ive done 3 years of backpacking with a 20kg backpack and you can not run with it for more than couple hundred metres.

You do get used to planning your assault better, using transport available.

No one has problems but me with scopes and the new "pressure" effect? Hmm interesting. Maybe you all dont play with PPEffects on?

So the Kestrel and Earplugs have to be used through classnames, and are not in any ammobox yes?

I'm not trained but I would never be able to run "for miles" with that kind of load. Also add the default equipment such as BDU, Helmet, mounts (not sure what the english word is) etc. I've seen airborne units (heavy load) have problems getting up if they fall with their load. Running for miles? :)

What do you mean "running is sprinting"? It is also false. You activate by:

Walking - Shift W

Running - W

Sprinting- Doubletab W

@Alex: Haven't noticed anything for earplugs, but even though I play with PP effects turn full, I'm no longer getting chromatic aberrations (rifle scopes) or scope darkening (tank gunnery scopes) effects.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

This is unbelievable. Now I can throw the chem lights! If I use VopSounds 2.1 it prevents me to throw the chem lights / flashbangs / tear gas...

I can confirm this one. Vopsounds + ACE2 = no chemlights

I can confirm this one. Vopsounds + ACE2 = no chemlights
Try the VOPSound available on the updater-system. It fixes the broken configs, found in almost all soundmods out there.

The deploy weapon feature is very practical but it would be great if we could also deploy the weapons on wood fences and chain link fences while crouched.

It works with some objects (small brick walls, etc...) but doesn't work with others (wood pickets, etc). Maybe the flat surface for these objects is too small to be taken into account ?

Weapon rest doesn't seem to work for me for the natural stone walls, which are all over the countryside, either (those with the moss all over them).