Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Where can we make mission suggestions/requests for ACE 2?

I mean I have one suggestion:

EVO Blue

EVO Red

Like in the old days. Simple, WITHOUT MHQ - that thing killed what Arma used to be - SERIOUSLY

Please, EVO was one of my favorite missions, and now, only stupid MHQs and teleporting, no more need for transport pilots which was my favorite role... Please make it simple, it was fine before, dunno why someone had to screw everything up.

Also, ACE tends to be realistic, so, remove MHQ teleporting!!! That isn't realistic at all...

Strange, I havent noticed any change whatsoever in terms of Domination behaviour: people still use transport helos ALOT, including the little birds.

In particular, a good transporter is a vital part of getting away from a siezed zone and go to the next one. The MHQ wont fly itself and you cant spawn on an MHQ when you're in the field. The parachute flag is of course there but I havent seen an entire team just disappear. There's always plenty of folks requesting an evac.

Just downloaded the basic ACE2 file from armaholic. I put all the files in a modfolder called @ACE and entered the proper command line in the shortcut after the beta patch, vopsound and CBA.

When I run the game I get this error: Include file userconfig/ace/ace_clientside_config.hpp and not found and startup quits.

Thing is, that file mentioned in the error is indeed present.

Arma 2>@ACE>userconfig>ace_clientside_config.hpp

Strange, I havent noticed any change whatsoever in terms of Domination behaviour: people still use transport helos ALOT, including the little birds.

In particular, a good transporter is a vital part of getting away from a siezed zone and go to the next one. The MHQ wont fly itself and you cant spawn on an MHQ when you're in the field. The parachute flag is of course there but I havent seen an entire team just disappear. There's always plenty of folks requesting an evac.

Fact remains - Since I bought Arma 2 (few months ago) I have made maybe 2-3 transports... I know I'm not the problem... Waiting in base, but people just go to flagpole and teleport leaving me sitting there with chopper like a idiot...

Domination you say - YES if you are on TS and others agree on that idea...

I made THOUSANDS od transports in Arma 1 in old EVO without any MHQ!!!

And nobody was missing it... But then someone smart I guess got the idea - *oooo let's make a way to teleport ourselves over the map....*

And that day - IMO - meaning of Arma transport pilots started dying

I was hoping I wont see that in Arma 2 but what unpleasant surprise it was when I saw it happening again...

Please, understand me... :(

Just downloaded the basic ACE2 file from armaholic. I put all the files in a modfolder called @ACE and entered the proper command line in the shortcut after the beta patch, vopsound and CBA.

When I run the game I get this error: Include file userconfig/ace/ace_clientside_config.hpp and not found and startup quits.

Thing is, that file mentioned in the error is indeed present.

Arma 2>@ACE>userconfig>ace_clientside_config.hpp

Make sure you have the user configuration files from @ace in your main configuration folder not just @ace configuration

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Make sure you have this file in your configuration settings not just @ace configuration

I'm not sure what you mean. I posted the current file path location. What is the correct location?

All I did was move every folder in the .rar archive to a mod folder. Shouldn't everything already be in the proper location?

I'm not sure what you mean. I posted the current file path location. What is the correct location?

All I did was move every folder in the .rar archive to a mod folder. Shouldn't everything already be in the proper location?

I copied the files from @ACE configuration folder and put then in my user configuration folder, you have to copy these files below from your @ ace config folder to your main user configuration folder. The mod will not load without this.

ace_clientside_config

ace_keys.hpp

ACE_ serverconfig.hpp

ACE_tracking.hpp

Edited by stevedrumsdw

your hpp files should be in

\Arma 2\userconfig\ACE\ and NOT in \Arma 2\@ACE\userconfig\

IE:

\Arma 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp

\Arma 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_keys.hpp

\Arma 2\userconfig\ACE\ACE_serverconfig.hpp

\Arma 2\userconfig\ACE\ACE_Tracking.hpp

That folder doesn't exist. Should I create it?

And out of curiosity, with no mention of this (only a link to the modfolders faq) in the online Installation Instructions and no included readme file, how was I supposed to know?

That folder doesn't exist. Should I create it?

And out of curiosity, with no mention of this (only a link to the modfolders faq) in the online Installation Instructions and no included readme file, how was I supposed to know?

yes create a folder

Many mods come with user config files that have to be put in the correct place with named folders, I guess its common knowledge for ARMA 2 modders. Many things confuse me, but this I have down, haha.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Fact remains - Since I bought Arma 2 (few months ago) I have made maybe 2-3 transports... I know I'm not the problem... Waiting in base, but people just go to flagpole and teleport leaving me sitting there with chopper like a idiot...

Domination you say - YES if you are on TS and others agree on that idea...

I made THOUSANDS od transports in Arma 1 in old EVO without any MHQ!!!

And nobody was missing it... But then someone smart I guess got the idea - *oooo let's make a way to teleport ourselves over the map....*

And that day - IMO - meaning of Arma transport pilots started dying

I was hoping I wont see that in Arma 2 but what unpleasant surprise it was when I saw it happening again...

Please, understand me... :(

This has nothing to do with ACE, please take it to the User Missions forum.

yes create a folder

Many mods come with user config files that have to be put in the correct place with named folders, I guess its common knowledge for ARMA 2 modders. Many things confuse me, but this I have down, haha.

Well it works now. Thanks everyone.

I never played the first ACE, so where should I go to find newbcentric documentation? I couldn't figure out how to switch to grenades.

Thanks guys for disabling the "magic Range" system. It was really annoying and in my opinion defeated the purpose of requiring a range finder. Well done and keep up the good work. All we need now is that 81mm mortar system that breaks down into components so we can carry it and the ammo and we are done. :-)

All we need now is that 81mm mortar system that breaks down into components so we can carry it and the ammo and we are done. :-)

I don't know if thats *all* we need ;) Anyways, 81mm isn't really infantry-mobile. It seems to be more of a company/batallion weapon located at HQ's. M224 60mm mortar is much more realistic for use in ACE. I have the model and its UV mapped, I just need the motivation to finish it.

I don't know if thats *all* we need ;) Anyways, 81mm isn't really infantry-mobile. It seems to be more of a company/batallion weapon located at HQ's. M224 60mm mortar is much more realistic for use in ACE. I have the model and its UV mapped, I just need the motivation to finish it.

Ooh! Can't wait!

Just one thing: please give one to the Russians too, even if its only different in name!

I was wonderig what files in @ACE could possibly be causing the save game crash so I can do some testing? Any ACE guys know this?

Russia doesn't use a 60mm mortar. They use AGS and RPO to fill the gap between their 81mm and the American 60mm.

If the mission designer wants to give an American M224 to the Russian side, he is free to do so.

Well, ACE is up and running, but I have no voices. All orders are silent and subtitled.

Also, the action menu crosshair icons are gone, which makes quick entering vehicles and static weapons an irritating experience.

Problems aside, I have some questions. Will HMG rounds fired at a light APC kill members inside because of penetration? Or is it random and it doesn't matter what part of the hull I shoot at?

And the screen blur effect from tanks firing doesn't occur when I'm in front of the tank, only directly to the sides.

I understand that the wounding system is very complex, but is it always working? I synced an Ace first aid module to all members of a squad in the editor and met with little success. I've experienced a red screen flash from a frag grenade, but I wasn't sure if represented bleeding, pain or what. When playing as a medic I get a Heal Rifleman option but nothing happens afterwards. What is the key to assess their wounds?

Well, ACE is up and running, but I have no voices. All orders are silent and subtitled.

Also, the action menu crosshair icons are gone, which makes quick entering vehicles and static weapons an irritating experience.

Problems aside, I have some questions. Will HMG rounds fired at a light APC kill members inside because of penetration? Or is it random and it doesn't matter what part of the hull I shoot at?

And the screen blur effect from tanks firing doesn't occur when I'm in front of the tank, only directly to the sides.

I understand that the wounding system is very complex, but is it always working? I synced an Ace first aid module to all members of a squad in the editor and met with little success. I've experienced a red screen flash from a frag grenade, but I wasn't sure if represented bleeding, pain or what. When playing as a medic I get a Heal Rifleman option but nothing happens afterwards. What is the key to assess their wounds?

To add voices, add // to your clientside config file line in userconfig should look like this to activate voices

//#define ACE_NOVOICE

To add voices, add // to your clientside config file line in userconfig should look like this to activate voices

//#define ACE_NOVOICE

I can't open .hpp files.

Edit: Er, correction, they won't open if you doubleclick them, only if you right click and then select the second extraneous Open option that has mysteriously appeared.

To give my honest opinion, isn't this default feature completely pointless when you can just turn your radio volume to nothing and make the choice without mucking around in files?

Edited by maturin

I can't open .hpp files.

Edit: Er, correction, they won't open if you doubleclick them, only if you right click and then select the second extraneous Open option that has mysteriously appeared.

To give my honest opinion, isn't this default feature completely pointless when you can just turn your radio volume to nothing and make the choice without mucking around in files?

No its not pointless. the radio setting in options reduces the voice chat volume too. sometimes people say useful stuff... sometimes.

From the ACE wiki:

"Different classes have different stamina levels: Engineers, as well as Special Forces units, have increased stamina, while medics, crew members etc have lower than a normal grunt."

Line medics carry an 30-45 pound aid bag in addition to their full combat load, and spend 4 months dragging each other and carrying each other around Ft Sam Houston on litters. If anything, they should have much higher stamina than a normal grunt! There are some very fit medics in the army, I'm a bit miffed that they're represented with lower stamina! :)

Edited by Gabe_Ruckus

The game starts up fine but when I try and play the campaign it loads and than crashes about one min after. When I play editor mode I set everything up and when I get in game my main weapon cant shoot. I switch to my pistol and that shoots. The game also crashes a little after that. someone please help me.

Thanks