Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

What dos this CAVS Stuff du?

It means that the Armor/Weaponry settings (strength, damage etc) are set to CAVS standards.

CAVS standards are researched/proven standards that ensure realistic (as far as possible) values,

and the armor/weaponry between different CAVS based mods, are compatible and on par with eachother.

This is also part of the ongoing efforts in our commitment to our fans, towards improved mod compatibility.

Edited by Sickboy

I just gotta say this mod is friggin awesome. It does away with the tackiness of the stock Arma2 and turns it into a true combat experience. "Welcome to the shit" indeed.

did i mention, i love my linux server update script *g* one command...seconds later the server is updated and running :D

what has been updated in the last ace_sys_wounds? Does it now work for players and AI?

Hey Blackdog1

Since the last update ive been having this issue aswell, what i did too make the chemstick show was to have two in my inventry and drop all my gear so i only had the chemsticks and then it would show up, i know its a bit of shit to drop your wep but it works none of the less

Just seen this. Yes I experienced the same issue after I'd picked up 3 chemsticks and put 2 in my backpack. The remaining chemstick in my inventory would not select with 'F'. What I did to be able to use it again was drop it and then pick it up again then I could select it with 'F'.

I love the armor penetration system, it's neat to be inside an APC that gets hit by a rocket and see half the crew dead inside. Makes you feel lucky to survive, lol.

I still have this issue in regards to the red dots and EOTech added from ACEX. Any solutions?

EDIT: I am updated to the current version of ACE and ACEX via the Six updater as well. Running on a GTX 275, Windows 7 64-bit, and driver version 195.62.

I think you need to manually update your userconfig files, they were updated but six-updater leaves the old ones in place.

Also, it seems like:

glasses="None";

speaker="Male02";

pitch=0.95392585;

are no longer needed in the identity section.

Edited by tcp

So with CAVS implemented, will the M1A1HC still survive a direct hit from the 5kt nuclear bomb?

I haven't time to test but I thought that was hilarious when some buddies and I did it the other day :D

So with CAVS implemented, will the M1A1HC still survive a direct hit from the 5kt nuclear bomb?

I haven't time to test but I thought that was hilarious when some buddies and I did it the other day :D

That depends on your definition of survive.

I wrote the nuke code before the M1A1HC was finished, so used the stock T-90 for my tests. A near miss with 5.0 kt did not kill that tank, but it was so trashed that any surviving tank crew would have bailed out. Then there is the fallout coming down later....

FYI - now that some other chores are done I do plan to go back and add some more features to the nuclear weapons code. Expect crew damage to go up in certain AFV's due to interaction between armor and prompt-neutron flux. :smiley-evil:

Excellent, I can stop referring to the M1A1HC as the "Mobile Bomb Shelter" lol

Can someone test for example the TAC50 and shoot some shots while looking through the scope. I want to know if its just on my PC i get a mis-alignement of the black in the scope due to that nice effect they added (latest version). If you get the same you should see some pixels TOP and LEFT of the screen where the black is removed for that split second as you shoot.

Look against something light when shooting like the sky. If someone else gets it - its time to ticket it.

And thanks ACE team for the update!

Sickboy I decided to install Arma2 all over again (clean install) and I will be using the Updater like before to install ACE2 and all the necessary items (CBA, ace, acex,beta).

I then want to use Alpinestars addon installer which I have downloaded the latest one, which mod folders do I need to check in the mod section to play ACE2: ex.ACE, ACEX,BETA,CBA? Is this correct or do I need to check ACEX.RSYNC, ACE.RSYNC, ETC, ETC.

Could someone please tell what backpack enables repair in domination? I was infuriated (and a little lolled) today when my tail rotor broke. I got out only to find that repair was nowhere. I tried to limp back to base but it ended up rather messy inside the cockpit :(

Since there is no "REPAIR BACKPACK" anywhere in sight, is it one of the cryptical *random letters and numbers to me* or one of the assault backs? I've always skipped the backpack because I'm just plain infantry most of the time.

You're supposed to spawn with the backpack in domination if you are engineer. It's called MOLLE Assault Pack.

Excellent, I can stop referring to the M1A1HC as the "Mobile Bomb Shelter" lol

DU armor and fast neutrons = bad day. Spaced armor or even RHA is more healthy for you in that situation.

You're supposed to spawn with the backpack in domination if you are engineer. It's called MOLLE Assault Pack.

Yes I do spawn with it... However I always loose it in favor of an AT4 because I'm infantry 99% of my games (engineer is usually the first class that I come up as, so I say meh and join). I never thought that an "assault pack" would contain engineer stuff. Does it matter which one is picked?

You can use an AT4 with a backpack, if you want. Just get the AT-4, click on it, click on On Back (or something like that) and get your pack again. When you want to use the AT4 click on On Hands.

Yes I do spawn with it... However I always loose it in favor of an AT4 because I'm infantry 99% of my games (engineer is usually the first class that I come up as, so I say meh and join). I never thought that an "assault pack" would contain engineer stuff. Does it matter which one is picked?

Kind of - for one thing the various packs allow you to carry different amounts of stuff.

The repair ability is mission-dependant - i.e. Xeno made that feature.