Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

i read it PLA was to be "Independant", so the enemy is at the discretion of the mission maker.

Hello first of all.

I got a little qeustion since it does not concern a bug.

My six updater is skipping ace,acex etc when I try to update I tried to change the sate from treu to false for file skipping but it does reset back to treu, so it skips them.

Is there any other config that I need to edit ?

And ace 2 is treully amazing.

You guys have done a hell of a job thumbs up !

Tnx :)

Please select in the web-client, mainpage, "Execute", instead of "Execute Auto".

This will force 'try to update' all mods.

However if you use "Execute Auto", it won't check mods whos versions match the online version already. This considerably speeds up the update process, especially with a lot of mods.

can you please explain me how to install Ace2?

thanks

Hans

If you dont understand the instructions...try to take a look at video how to install ACE2..

Dear Moders, please create language mod for Akella version (russian) `cause their translation is not just incorect, but sometimes totally wrong. I mean from russian to english.

I`m asking in this topic `cause while using "Six updater" i noticed that there is ability to download "de_to_en" "cz_to_en".

VIPERA you are my man.THanks,Thanks,Thanks this was the solution:go to Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config

and change FEATURES: Disables/Reduces crosshairs

"#define ACE_NOCROSS" ---> "//#define ACE_NOCROSS"

A simple(?) question: will we get a properly working javelin in the near future? :) It's one of those things i would really like to see in the mod. :)

How do i turn on voices while using the ACE2 mod during multiplayer?

If you mean AI chatter, check the FAQ

How do i turn on voices while using the ACE2 mod during multiplayer?

Edit: VKing beat me to it.

Jman;1509790']ARMA2ROOTDIR/userconfig/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - NO VOICE' date=' NO RADIO CHATTER

--------------------

FEATURES: Disables AI radio chatter as well as player radio chatter

---------

TO ENABLE: Remove the "//" in front of the #define to enable the NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER feature. To disable, think vice versa.

----------

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

// #define ACE_NOVOICE[/quote']

PLA, wow fecking awesome! i hope it is independent faction. Can reproduce "The bear and the dragon" to some extent. :P

I want to know what exact changes have been done to AI behavior if any. Question is should I use zeu_ai_ace_skills_v0.02 or does ACE already improve AI's behavior?

Ace improves AI (ranges/skill/accuracy) but then zues_ace improves on that even more depending on AI engagement ranges/skill/accuracy making it even a bit more hardcore etc

It's simulating going deaf due to how loud an automatic rifle is. It does come back, sometimes it takes 10+ minutes, sometimes only about 2.

Ah, that would explain it. Must not have been patient enough.

Hey, been following ACE for a while now since ArmA 1.

I have read up but find it hard to decipher some of how ACE 2 is being set up, and i dont mean any technical issues.

The community based addons thing, is that an effort to try and get people who make addons for arma/2 to make them as balanced and realistic as possible so they can actually be used in game along with other addons and not be unbalanced?

No, the CBA addon contains a lot of functions that mod makers can use to make scripting etc. easier.

Blacked out from a HE shot landed close - respawned - blacking out still in effect for a while. Dont know if the respawn function in ARMA2 is borked or if its the ACE mod. I know many people complained about respawn not working properly in ARMA2. Have to investigate some more - and then make a ticket at DH. :)

A.C.E Beta, Update #7 Released!

For release info, please visit: http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/257

For fully formatted changelogs and latest version / size etc informations, please visit: http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main

(Please check this ticket for those with weird empty mod/server records in the web-client)

Dammit, I updated 30 mins before this.

hi i managed to get error #

"you do not seem to be running the beta mod folder but i am"?

please advise

cheers

just wondering does any1 esle get this message when joining a server.

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_M4A1_GL.M4_Muzzle'.