Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

I was replaying manhattan using ACE and the osprey pilot crashes into the trees every single time so the mission is impossible to play :( Does the ACE AI makes pilots that way??

There seems to be a small bug with the RPG18 launcher.

When you are at a certain distance away(about 5-10m) from a dead soldier who is carrying a used RPG18, the texture of the launcher vanishes.

And one time the launcher started to bounce and spin on the ground.

I noticed the sight adjustment for the M2.

So can you plz stop making up systems of measurement. WTF is a yrd and whats its relation to meters that are used in the intelligent world and in the game itself.

(Yes im not retarded, I know a yard is a measurement invented by a farmer in the time before the stone age who picked up a stick one day and said it was a yard long. And that it relation to a meter is something like 0.892342389387671281298012367845389271277361734982E2649231.)

I agree but there's no reason to be condescending. Notice it got no response from the dev team. Adding it to the bug tracker would be a much better way to approach this problem. Just an idea though. Either way, meters would be better.

Mh can anyone tell me why i cant reload deployable Mgs like the MK19 or M2?

1 Soldier grabbed the thing where u mount it, the other the mg and ammo.when its mounted i cant reload it no more.

need to use the interaction menu by ACEdefault is right windows, you may need to remap it though in your key config

Remap it Himmel. I don't have a right windows key, so I set it to Shift-X, and I'm good to go.

is there any instructions on this right window key about what it does and how i set it up to use it ?

cheers

For Handy:

Thanks a lot for everyones reports and feedback surrounding the Six-Updater suite.

Today I believe I have addressed two of the remaining most annoying issues!

• Windows Vista / 7 UAC "Run As Administrator" requirement, can now be forced by manifest file. http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6806
    People who install new will have it already available, those who already have the software installed should use the file available in the ticket. This should aid against the "AppData\Local\VirtualStore" issues.
  • PID file will now verify if the previous running process is actually still running. If not, no warning will be given, and updater will function normally.
    http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6720

I was able to put an hour or so in the updater-server site, I applied the template of one of my other projects, the template is by Chill :)

I've added list of mods, versions, sizes, and when they were updated, and there's prototype RSS feature, probably not even useful yet.

At some point I intend to use the information also in the web-client.

Still very WIP, don't bother naughty comments ;)

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main

(Same framework as the web-client ;))

Are we all ready for "Patch Thyme" ? 18:00 GMT! :yay:

Maybe we can throw in a Patch-Free Saturday, to start with! ;)

Some stats, how many ppl have updated the libraries at gemcutter:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater#Components

Edited by Sickboy

is there any instructions on this right window key about what it does and how i set it up to use it ?

cheers

Just walk up to a unit and press it.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

For Handy:

Damn right! And my flight got delayed 4 hrs so I can test it out! Thanks bud.

Eh sorry but i dont get it...

Im pressing my left windows key, but no menue appears?..

Find the file "C:...\Arma 2\userconfig\Ace\ace_keys.hpp" you can change it from the windows key to anything you'd like.

I'm wondering if there are any plans for islands in the future, like the ACE Island pack. That would be nice but I'd much prefer a couple of HQ islands than the old converts, not saying they would be bad though. A nice 'desert-like' afghan/iraq would be nice to help with some performance issues and to reflect upon modern ongoing conflits as a realism aspect.

In my opinion you can still have a lot of fun with the Afghan Village and Avgani map, I think it works really well together with the great ACE 2 units. Of course CAA1 is required.

Also, if you're into a more rocky-northern-Afghanistan-type map you can use Razani which is such a great map for desert/mountain style battles and terrorist hunting :) The map size is really massive too, making it interesting for air missions as well. Again you need CAA1 to play.

I released an ACE 2 coop mission for Razani yesterday, so check it out here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8628

/ ]NTRUDER

ehhhh......

why it isnt working for me?stupidness?

};

};

class ace_sys_interaction

{

class Interaction_Menu

{

key = 16; // Shift + Q

shift = 1;

};

};

thats how i changed it now, press shift+q...but nothing happens?

is the menu allways coming if you press it and why can i mount the mg with the normal action menu but not reload it?

Does anyone have the classname for the huntIR monitor? Seems to have found everything but that one. :butbut:

So can I set our Server & Repo autoupdater to 1805 GMT? Should I wait for a confirmation?

Also can you please rename the missions and add ACE2_ tag infront of them in this release? so that we can replace them easily.

like ACE2_co25.blablabla

Thnx

Edited by Cross

So can I set our Server & Repo autoupdater to 1805 GMT? Should I wait for a confirmation?

Please wait for official announce, it will be at first at: http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main

Not sure if the rss is useful already :)

In the future when everything is really verified, I would recommend moving on to further automation :)

};

class ace_sys_interaction

{

class Interaction_Menu

{

key = 45; // Shift + X

shift = 1;

ARghhhh why is this not working????

i press Shift+ X now but NOTHING happens when im near the gun?

And again, someone said this menu appears also on friendly soldiers,also that doenst work..:confused:

there are two ace_keys.hpp, are you editing the correct one ? @ACE>userconfig>ace_keys.hpp is wrong one,arma 2 root> userconfig>ace_keys.hpp should be edited.

First as all other, Thanks for an awesome mod and thank for putting all this effort in to it.

Now, one problem I'm getting:

Addon 'acex_c_men_usarmy' requires addon 'ace_c_gear'

Cant find it in any of the rars? Where can I get this?

Btw, awesome with the auto updater. Makes life so much easier if I just could get that ace_c_gear file :p

I Have the exact same problem here

Can anybody help me out?

Oh and btw I DO have the ace_c_gear file but it's just not picking it up (Launching it with arma 2 laucnher and various mods)

Help very much appreciated, really wanna play this mod properly

Edited by Dmahon

there are two ace_keys.hpp, are you editing the correct one ? @ACE>userconfig>ace_keys.hpp is wrong one,arma 2 root> userconfig>ace_keys.hpp should be edited.

Finally.....Thank you!

I have it working with Yoma and SIX, it takes some time but it is well worth it.

Thanks again ACE2 crew! :D

Me too

Tooooo much geek and not enough game.

I have uninstalled it because i have spent over an hour and the stupid thing and got nowhere fast, maybe i will give it a go in 6 months when its finished.