Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

I have a new problem. I'm still using the mod folder method, I downloaded ACE core and CBA. I put @CBA first, then @ACE in the -mod= list in the shortcut. However, now when I start the game, it gives me this error message:

Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found

So, could anyone tell me what I did wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated, I just really want to play this mod and can't seem to get it to work.

WTH is virtualstore? I'm one of the computer-illiterate users, can someone help me in simple english? Thanks and sorry for my tone.
Answer:
Clean up your virtual store folder:

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/244#Known-Issues

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1511478&postcount=1960

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1511517&postcount=1973

So, could anyone tell me what I did wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated, I just really want to play this mod and can't seem to get it to work.
Install the Mod properly ;)

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

Edited by Sickboy

error

Unfortunately with this kind of callstack we cannot provide you with any helpfull information. :j:

Ohh i do apologise people...

i take it when you release this version of ace2 as final + updates, i can use the method i have used like you would installing mods via the modfolder method?

Sorry i thought this is how to do it if you wanted the mod after public release also..

I do apologise for any offence i caused.

im in the process of uploading my method onto youtube for people to try your mod to see what they think... if after they want updates to the beta, then i think using the method you have put forward should still work after the method i have done... it pretty much just updates the .pbo and bisign files?

WTH is virtualstore? I'm one of the computer-illiterate users, can someone help me in simple english? Thanks and sorry for my tone.

Vista/Win7 by default protect the program files folder. When files are written into it without administrative privileges, the files will actually be written in the VirtualStore folder in your userprofile.

You may find it on your local pc in

%userprofile%\appdata\local\virtualstore\

I have a new problem. I'm still using the mod folder method, I downloaded ACE core and CBA. I put @CBA first, then @ACE in the -mod= list in the shortcut. However, now when I start the game, it gives me this error message:

Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found

you should read my earlier post about 1 page ago on this thread from here.. it will tell you, or be patient whilst i upload my video to tell you how to do it the modfolder way.

@Njayjay:

Yay, let's all post again and again :D Delete the @ACEX folder, make sure you dont have a broken @acex.7z in your six-updater folder and check your virtualstore.

What should I do once at virtualstore? No ACE folders there.

To sum this all up, i'm using Win 7 x64 and getting missing ACEX files errors. Is this a common win7 error and if so do I need to wait for a fix? Thx in advance

Update: Seems my @ACEX.7z is corrupt. Downloading again.

Edited by Njayjay

@Njayjay; Delete the arma2/ace modfolders if you see em there.

Talked about here; http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1511517&postcount=1973

@Mod BugReports:

Thanks.. But if your bugreport is handled in this thread, it will be sheer luck. Please use the Issue Tracker instead.

Ohh i do apologise people...

i take it when you release this version of ace2 as final + updates, i can use the method i have used like you would installing mods via the modfolder method?

Sorry i thought this is how to do it if you wanted the mod after public release also..

I do apologise for any offence i caused.

No worries at all pete. I am very glad to see you put in all the effort, and im still sure there will be ppl who welcome your alternative. (Altough I believe they have no clue what it is all about :))

It is just a perfect example of ppl jumping to conclussions without actually having a clue what's going on and what the purpose of the release and the suite is.

Of course can't blame people, but we're trying to do more here, than just release addon x/y/z :)

Edited by Sickboy

just to let u know sickboy parajumping is bugged.

once you are on earth the guys and youself are juming 5-30 times up and down till you leave the parachute:rolleyes:

fix would be nice:)

If my ACEX.7z was corrupt can I simply run option 2 in six updater again, with the correct file in place, to fix my problem?

just to let u know sickboy parajumping is bugged.

once you are on earth the guys and youself are juming 5-30 times up and down till you leave the parachute:rolleyes:

fix would be nice:)

can you be more specific about this?

Is this different than the vanilla parachute handling?

Which parachute is affected

Please direct your bug report over to: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

Any insight on my sandbag question?

use the mouse wheel whil pressing shift/ctrl to rotate / elevate sandbags

I noticed the sight adjustment for the M2.

So can you plz stop making up systems of measurement. WTF is a yrd and whats its relation to meters that are used in the intelligent world and in the game itself.

(Yes im not retarded, I know a yard is a measurement invented by a farmer in the time before the stone age who picked up a stick one day and said it was a yard long. And that it relation to a meter is something like 0.892342389387671281298012367845389271277361734982E2649231.)

I still cant get the Six updater to work with Windows XP 64. The 1st DOS box appears and I press 1, it starts doing stuff (Updating ruby gems or whatever) then the 2nd DOS box opens for a second and closes again. I have tried setting my default browser back to IE but still nothing.

Any ideas?

I noticed the sight adjustment for the M2.

So can you plz stop making up systems of measurement. WTF is a yrd and whats its relation to meters that are used in the intelligent world and in the game itself.

(Yes im not retarded, I know a yard is a measurement invented by a farmer in the time before the stone age who picked up a stick one day and said it was a yard long. And that it relation to a meter is something like 0.892342389387671281298012367845389271277361734982E2649231.)

googles great for this sort of thing :P.

when a group of units see an enemy group they start shoting as crazy till they finish all the ammo .. is this normal??

and a tecnic question: when i play the mod the sound its normal but when there is an explosion or a battle (so there is a big noysy) the sound its like messed up i dont know what is:(

You'll never guess what I'm up to :)

Just wondering whether these ACE functions still work in ACE2?

I will talk to you on Skype today, norrin, with the details. Some of the functions mentioned are internal and low-level. So you need to add some wrapper logic to use them externally.

googles great for this sort of thing :P.

So when im sitting on a hill with a M2 and spots some guys 1400 meters away i am to tab out, start Opera. And google the conversion rate for meters to yards.

So when im sitting on a hill with a M2 and spots some guys 1400 meters away i am to tab out, start Opera. And google the conversion rate for meters to yards.

hehe u got what u typed wrong for a start i was joking maty and what i implyed was (ummm i should use google my self cus i cant spell for shit) u used google to get the meaning of yard and when where it came from.

Thanks a lot for everyones reports and feedback surrounding the Six-Updater suite.

Today I believe I have addressed two of the remaining most annoying issues!

• Windows Vista / 7 UAC "Run As Administrator" requirement, can now be forced by manifest file. http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6806
    People who install new will have it already available, those who already have the software installed should use the file available in the ticket. This should aid against the "AppData\Local\VirtualStore" issues.
  • PID file will now verify if the previous running process is actually still running. If not, no warning will be given, and updater will function normally.
    http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6720

I still cant get the Six updater to work with Windows XP 64. The 1st DOS box appears and I press 1, it starts doing stuff (Updating ruby gems or whatever) then the 2nd DOS box opens for a second and closes again. I have tried setting my default browser back to IE but still nothing.

Any ideas?

The workaround is available here:

Note 47

Also, the so called Lazy method should get you started even faster.

Edited by Sickboy