Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Thanks for the info.

Although i was not complaining simply asking a question / questions.

Sorry wasnt meaning to imply that, long days :rolleyes:

Problem: Some available Rsync Mirrors do not all have the latest version available...

I updated with Six-Updater and for the @ACE he used "Armagoons-Mirror" which had no update, same for the "64.x.x.x-Mirror"...

But then for @ACEX it used the "dev-heaven mirror" and there were updates...

It should be made sure that once a new update is released, the other rsync mirrors get them first, before they are allowed to serve updates.:)

The addon itself works (I just tested it with a RH ammobox in the editor), its prolly that the replacement pack isn´t compatible with ACE.

so i can just use the hk416 addon by itself?

Problem: Some available Rsync Mirrors do not all have the latest version available...

I updated with Six-Updater and for the @ACE he used "Armagoons-Mirror" which had no update, same for the "64.x.x.x-Mirror"...

But then for @ACEX it used the "dev-heaven mirror" and there were updates...

It should be made sure that once a new update is released, the other rsync mirrors get them first, before they are allowed to serve updates.:)

That's the bug :) http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/news

All mirrors are in sync, no worries. The back-end takes care of that, and is verified.

I still can't get that damn updater page to load, do I have to open a port on my Firewall or something? Not playing this is driving me insane. :mad:

I still can't get that damn updater page to load, do I have to open a port on my Firewall or something? Not playing this is driving me insane. :mad:
Please try the "Lazy Method" instead:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

Tracking issues with the web-client:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6564

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6600

That's the bug :) http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/news

All mirrors are in sync, no worries. The back-end takes care of that, and is verified.

Wow what a awesome piece of technology... ;):)

Ok, so Version 1.19 is out of the Six-Updater, It does not Auto-Update mine, im still on version 1.17, i hope this is not a Problem...

Whats your advice now? Wait until the issue is solved and then run the updater, or install 1.19? does it Auto-update a older installation of the Six-Updater?

I am trying to use the addon by RobertHammer 'RH_hk416_packv1.0' and I have all the requirement needed for it to work. I have placed a mod folder named @RH_M4_M16_HK416 into my ArmA 2 folder and made the appropriate changes to my shortcut. It is not working, can we use the RH_hk416_packv1.0 with the A.C.E mod? or do we only have to use addons that are CBA?

It works fine. I've been using it since ACE was released. You can't use the replacement files though. They shouldn't work.

@Sickboy

Hey I updated my updater to 1.08 and to let you know when I launch the updater it still says version 1.07 on it... also when 'Install or update, start game' it gives me that pixel problem thing. I only get that when I 'Install or update, start game'... any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

It works fine. I've been using it since ACE was released. You can't use the replacement files though. They shouldn't work.

thanks will try after beta patch is finally downloaded

Hi and thanks for the great effort SickBoy and the rest of the Mod Team.

Re: Updating.

With this in early beta stage and expecting lots of patching over the next few weeks/months and approaching this problem from a server/community administrator point of view, would you possibly consider

An Official Patching Day, done on the same day every week until the speed of patching slows down somewhat.

Lets say for example the patching is done every Monday evening

I see several pro's to this.

1) ACE Devs would spend more time developing and less time releasing patches, updating forums etc and less likely to have fubar'd a patch that then requires a Hotfix.

2 ) Server admins only need to monitor the situation and put time aside once a week to update and inform their community.

(This would also likely create a synchronised running of the same version of ACE throughout the community, apart from the odd server,which would get up to speed within say 24 4hours)

3) Clients hopping from 1 server to another would in the majority of cases find the whole affair much easier, not having to worry which version is this server running.

As for the actual day, I would suggest doing it at the start off the week, not the end.

This gives the Devs the entire weekend to add content/fix bugs, making a Monday Patch more Fruitful

I moved my arma2 to my new disk, so when i try to install the mod with the six-updater page it attempts to install the mod on the old disk and there is no arma2 there. So can you change the path it should install the mod on or do i have to reinstall arma2?

I guess you need to edit the registry entry of your ArmA2 to fit it with the location on your new disc. You could also get problems installing official patches without doing that.

I guess you need to edit the registry entry of your ArmA2 to fit it with the location on your new disc. You could also get problems installing official patches without doing that.

The thing is i have never had any problems with patching but ok.

dude i am having issues with getting this addon to work!

where do I place my mod folder? in the game folder or ACE folder?

Thanks Terox. I will get back on this in the next days.

I moved my arma2 to my new disk, so when i try to install the mod with the six-updater page it attempts to install the mod on the old disk and there is no arma2 there. So can you change the path it should install the mod on or do i have to reinstall arma2?

We've got an answer to everything :)

Custom-ArmA-installation-folder

@Sickboy

do we still place MOD folders in the normal place or do we need to place them in the ACE mod folder?

Ooooohh :) I just tested the new armour system ... O.o That is by far the most awesome addition to ArmA I have ever seen ... 6 rounds into the side of a T-90 @ 10' or so and none penetrated, all flew off into the distance, a single round front on ended it :D Lovely work there, I never expected anything that incredible.

I made the initial install with the Yoma's tool. Now I am trying to update with rSync.

1. I deleted six-updater.pid in C:\Program Files\Six-Updater

Followed that (updater-web). Then got (max 15 connections servertimeout, or firewall?)

3. After completing that I ran rSync again with option 2 (updater), was asked to unblock from firewall, everything appears to be updating fine. (I hope)

Now updating ACEX with 19 files to consider. Is all updating fine?

[edit]

Stage 3: option 2. (updater)**

I assume I can run option 2 at anytime to check for updates now?

Edited by Dead3yez

How do I update the game if Six-Updater doesn't open the Web based UI? I've tried the Lazy way again but that doesn't update the mod. I've also updated Six-Updater to the latest and tried the "Update addressing issues" fix....

Edited by |TW| Quintus

Ok i got the game working with ACE2 and through the updater I placed a desktop exe to open it but I have a problem, when I go to my Editor there is no "Preview" button, so I can't preview any mission or quick game at all that I want to make, any ideas as to why?

Read and follow instructions :)

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/239

Hello Sickboy,

I followed your instructions. I started the program in admin mode and performed the updates. After a restart the following message comes:

"Launcher application v.0.1.7 by Sickboy..."

Is there a other way to update this program?

Ok there is something I am missing here... When I go into documents/ArmA 2/missions folder and add scripts to them they are not working? Why? Has my usermissions folder changed or something?

Hello Sickboy,

I followed your instructions. I started the program in admin mode and performed the updates. After a restart the following message comes:

"Launcher application v.0.1.7 by Sickboy..."

Is there a other way to update this program?

Hi, im terribly sorry about the confusion.

I'll try and sort that out soon too :)

The setup is 0.1.9, with six-rsync 0.2.4 (which contains fixes), six-launcher 0.1.7, six-updater 0.10.11, six-updater-web 0.1.3 libraries.