Sign in to follow this  
sfc.itzhak

Operation unknown wip

I hate ace for assimilating every good addon. I don't want to be forced to use lots of other addons I don't need.

Please tell us what we have "assimilated" that is not available as standalone addon, I really want to know.

Xeno

It was a few weeks ago when I was searching for the molatian army addon. It was indicated that it was only avaible with the ace mod. However I admit that this information is possibly out of date as I've seen this addon a few days ago on armaholic. Had no time to check out if it's really the same.

I apologize if I was wrong.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9012

official Molatian army requires nothing.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9243

If you mean this, it's not a part of ACE nor are they Icebreakr's units for Duala.

afaik ACE has not assimilated anything, so I highly doubt these birds will disappear just because they're in ACE ;)

I downloaded what I thought was this mod addon, but they don't show up in the editor. The included pbo's are: ou_air.pbo & ou_air_cfg.pbo

I'm a little confused by the past 5 pages of discusssion, so are these helos not supposed to show up in the game yet>

looks as the dev-hev issue has been closed.. cannot comment there anymore. SFC.ITZHAK... This update you talked about 10 days ago any update on that?

Yeah I saw that... so I guess SFC.ITZHAK is not with ACE anymore? or even active maybe? Anyone talked to him lately?

Same thing with their SCARs... :(

If you were active in the Skype channel, you'd know the answer about the SCARs.

If you were active in the Skype channel, you'd know the answer about the SCARs.

I dont have time to nolife at Skype all day long :p

Well figured out how to make the gears on the CH-53 raise and lower.....

RAISE GEAR;

this animate ["gearf", 1]

this animate ["gearb",1]

LOWER GEAR;

this animate ["gearf", 0]

this animate ["gearb", 0]

also it looks as if maybe the landing problem on GETOUT and GETIN might have something to do with the ramp door action on the birds...

As all of you can tell I really like this addon and would like to have it working properly. There are problems atm that really make it useless to use. I totally respect SFC.ITZHAK and this is his work and credit is all due to him. I am looking into trying to fix some things for my personal use, but I will not release any type of fixed version to the public without permission from SFC.ITZHAK.

What is the best way to view config.bin files?? I am using notepad and it is pretty hard to follow.

I hear ya Meatball, it's really the landing issues that are so painful, because they are such awesome birds, but the AI won't land them without everyone ending up injured/KIA :(

I might have located some problems in the config.bin of the addon.. however I am having trouble with repacking it... if anyone has any pointers go here and help me out.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=97094

Once again I want to state that I am doing this for my personal use of the addon and in no way am going to release any type of a fix or claim of addon ownership to the public, but I am sure there would be no problem in sharing this with other 46 and 53 lovers via PM. :)

a little update.. got the repacking part fixed. Now just need to do some testing on some things that I think will fix the get out and get in landing problem.

However, we still need to do some fixing on possibly the modeling or cargo as troops with backpacks will still stick out of the bird when they load. anyone know how to fix that?

sweet meatball! glad to hear..i my self re-did the textures to get them to match up to the bis usmc helos(as thier near prefectly acurate colors) and for my personal use of course..

but if we could get new matching textures for a public release that would be great! the only thing i dont like is there too grey..well i dont know for sure..the only time i saw them in rl was when they stoped to re-fuel at our AFB on thier way to the usmc base here in maryland.. or aty the hugh airshows we held at andrews AFB!

sweet meatball! glad to hear..i my self re-did the textures to get them to match up to the bis usmc helos(as thier near prefectly acurate colors) and for my personal use of course..

but if we could get new matching textures for a public release that would be great! the only thing i dont like is there too grey..well i dont know for sure..the only time i saw them in rl was when they stoped to re-fuel at our AFB on thier way to the usmc base here in maryland.. or aty the hugh airshows we held at andrews AFB!

Thanks soldier2390! I was Marine Infantry and we did helo ops with CH46 and CH53's, so I am personally in love with these birds. I have to say that the color grey of ITZHAKS birds look really good. The grey has sort of a bluish tint to it... but would like to see what you have. Do you have any idea on how to fix the fact that if troops have backpacks that the backpacks stick out of the fuselag???

Thanks soldier2390! I was Marine Infantry and we did helo ops with CH46 and CH53's, so I am personally in love with these birds. I have to say that the color grey of ITZHAKS birds look really good. The grey has sort of a bluish tint to it... but would like to see what you have. Do you have any idea on how to fix the fact that if troops have backpacks that the backpacks stick out of the fuselag???

thanks bro..and thank you for your sevice to our country! about the colors..yeah from what i saw they are grey like itzhaks but way more blueish tint..and honestly all i did was add more blue into the texutres and made the dark greyish-green color thats on top the helos more of the proper dark blue!

sorry bud i have no clue how to fix the backback error! i would like to think that thers some sort of hide points type thing so it automaticly removes the backpack models from the ext. view!

dave,

Meatball...when you get finished PM me. I flew on the 53 for 9 years and am just as interested, if not more, to have these birds in the game.

Meatball...when you get finished PM me. I flew on the 53 for 9 years and am just as interested, if not more, to have these birds in the game.

Roger, will do.