Sign in to follow this  
sfc.itzhak

Operation unknown wip

getting closer to fixing the landing.... it is so close I can taste it!! I am having some difficulty, but so far I fixed the CH53 landing gear and ramp to where when it comes down for the landing it automatically drops landing gears and ramp... I can get the helo on the ground, but relaunching it is where I am running into problems. Been up all night working and testing it, will hopefully have it fixed tomorrow after I get some sleep

GOT IT!!!! and to relaunch!! It may not be the prettiest, but it does the job. I have to clean up a few things, but I will tell you for now that:

1. At the moment it looks as if an "action" menu command will be required to have the helo to takeoff after loading (in real life that would be the same as the stick leader telling the pilot that all are onboard and ready for takeoff).

2. The landing gears and ramp extract and retrack on landing and takeoff by themselves.

3. Have to go to church in a little bit and have to clean up some of the scripting a bit before I will say it is finished.

Has anyone talked with ITZHAK? or ACE2? about the situation with this addon?

Hopefully we can get this out to people in a legit manner.

arma22010-03-2813-25-19-27.jpg

Congrats bud!

What is going on with this AddOn anyways? I've been following along the past few days but I'm a bit confused. Does anyone know if ITZHAK is gone for sure or just absent? I think ACE2 would have no problems if someone added an ACE2 config to the beast, getting it into ACEX would probably be the same as long as someone besides the ACE2 guys did it. Not sure they have time for more vehicles yet, don't know though.

Good luck and thanks for the info.

Edited by Manzilla

Congrats bud!

What is going on with this AddOn anyways? I've been following along the past few days but I'm a bit confused. Does anyone know if ITZHAK is gone for sure or just absent? I think ACE2 would have no problems if someone added an ACE2 config to the beast, getting it into ACEX would probably be the same as long as someone besides the ACE2 guys did it. Not sure they have time for more vehicles yet, don't know though.

Good luck and thanks for the info.

Well in short.. the addon is beautiful, but has some beta problems to it. I dont know what has happened to ITZHAK, I can only imagine that life might have him pre-occupied at the moment. Also the issue at Dev-Hev is showing no progress and I think has actually been cut off of discussion. As always that is totally understandable and I am just trying to help out and frankly get these running perfectly for my personal use. At least until I can either model my own or we hear from ITZHAK and we could release these fixes publicly. You know I am not trying to take over credit for this addon, however I have to have these beasts working!!. Anyway about to leave for a few hours then I will be home to hopefully finish up.

maybee just take a chill pill and give SFC ITZHAK a chance to respond?

maybee just take a chill pill and give SFC ITZHAK a chance to respond?

Dude, I am chill... And have you look when his last response was?

Edited by Meatball0311

Dude, I am chill... And have you look when his last response was?

if you knew anyting about Itzhak, and watched the news..... you would understand why he doesnt have the time to check the forums every 15 minutes.

So please no harm, no foul, just give the guy a chance to get things done.....

if you knew anyting about Itzhak, and watched the news..... you would understand why he doesnt have the time to check the forums every 15 minutes.

So please no harm, no foul, just give the guy a chance to get things done.....

I am not asking ITZHAK for anything.. I think I have taken it upon myself to attempt to make the corrections that are needed to get this working properly. I am not taking credit for his work and wont be releasing anything publicly. So I dont know what right you have to come in here and start telling people to chill when there was no problem. I understand that people are doing this work for free and life takes priority. But you are talking to me in a real condescending way that pissed me off. I watch the news buddy and am aware what is going on in this world. I dont know anything about ITZHAK or you and to be honest it is not something that concerns me. You are talking to me as if I am some sort of looser who's only purpose in life is to be a pest (however I may be a Dork). This addon has been released for months and nothing has been done to it. If he doesnt have the time that is understandable but for us that may have some time to help out... why not then? The internet separates's us so there is no point in carrying this conversation on because nothing could get settled about that comment you made. So back off and read the freaking thread before you pop your head in spouting at the mouth... dont come in here running your suck hole!

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

I talked to Itzhak today, he's just really busy. Don't worry he hasn't forgotten about us :rolleyes:

Edited by Meatball0311

look here boy.

I tried to be very respectful to you and let you know you need to give the guy a chance. you need to listen for the pop... you know the one where your head comes out your 3rd point of contact, or is your own suck hole causing too much vacume?

I have been in communication personally on MSN with SFC Itzhak.

That is why i recommended to you to settle down and let the guy get a chance to finish his own addon. You have no idea what he is planning or accomplished. you simply took it upon yourself to continue your own development. Thats completely fine. Just dont freak out cause the guy does not respond to you. If you watched the news your would know the IDF has much more important events going on than to make sure your responded too.

So PLEASE be patient. SFC Itzhak is a great guy. He will get to you in your due time.

Edited by wld427

look here boy.

I tried to be very respectful to you and let you know you need to give the guy a chance. you need to listen for the pop... you know the one where your head comes out your 3rd point of contact, or is your own suck hole causing too much vacume?

That is why i recommended to you to settle down and let the guy get a chance to finish his own addon. You have no idea what he is planning or accomplished. you simply took it upon yourself to continue your own development. Thats completely fine. Just dont freak out cause the guy does not respond to you. If you watched the news your would know the IDF has much more important events going on than to make sure your responded too.

So PLEASE be patient. SFC Itzhak is a great guy. He will get to you in your due time.

Sums it up nicely. Meatball I'm guessing your active duty Marine. wld is retired Army. You guys have both served for your country. Let's just end this whole offtopic discussion here. Just be patient as wld said.

On another note, I didn't know he was in the IDF. ;)

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

yeah..we are all good men here and all have contrubited in someway to our country and most importantly to each other..we are all on the same side here!

and btw good luck to ya ITZHAK! be safe bro!

look here boy.

I responded to your PM boy... :D

It's the Mirage III. Thanks for reminding me about those pics. need to update those. Now back on topic...

It's the Mirage III. Thanks for reminding me about those pics. need to update those. Now back on topic...

Could you post a download link for it perchance?

Not at this time. It's currently in the Beta testing stage. Along with the F-16 and a bunch of other good stuff. Now, please stop posting off topic messages. If you have inquiries about Project RACS please use the Project RACS thread in the " ArmA 2 - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION" section.

Hi!

Really enjoying these choppers. I have one question though, what is the command for the co-pilots seat? I mean, what do I type in the editor? I've tried "moveincargo", "moveincommander" etc...

Hi!

Really enjoying these choppers. I have one question though, what is the command for the co-pilots seat? I mean, what do I type in the editor? I've tried "moveincargo", "moveincommander" etc...

unitName assignAsGunner heloName;

unitName moveInTurret [heloName, [0]];

Holy jesus meatball...you dropping napalm on the natives in this thread lol...

hey mates.

after a small leave had the time to come back and add a small update.

i fixed the majority of the bugs in the first release.

#landing bug fixed

#rotor bug ch-46 fixed

#back packs bug fixed

#co pilot head also fixed.

if there anything more to be done let me know for a more stable updated release

sfc.