Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

Problem with repacking PBO

There is an addon that was released that was in Beta stage and has some problems to it. The creator is no where to be found and there is evidence to believe the addon will not get fixed. I absolutely have to have this addon fixed, so I have taken it in my hands to do what I can in order to use this addon for my personal use.

I believe I have located some errors in the config.bin file that are making the addon react improperly. So I made some corrections and am now having trouble with repacking the pbo. This is what I am doing...

1. I use Eliteness 1.0.0.3 to unpack the pbo

2. I then convert the config.bin to a config.cpp file with unRap

3. Make corrections to config.cpp file and save it

4. Then I am using BinPBO to repack addon folder, I check clear temp folder and binarize.

5. When BinPBO is packing I receive an error stating that "Binarize.exe has stopped working" and it occurs when it seems to be packing the .p3d files. So I close the program and the BinPBO continues and creates the addon on my desktop.

6. I then place addon in my addons folder and launch game.

7. Game launches and I go to mission editor and load the mission I am working on.

8. I preview mission and receive an error stating "Cannot open object addonfoldername\models\addonname.p3d"

Obviously BinPBO is not packing the .p3d files properly... any suggestions?

AM I not properly installing BinPBO? I would really appreciate any type of help on this. Thanks.

Because the p3d is already binarized, BinPBO can't do it again, hence the error.

A normal addon-maker would be working with an un-binarized p3d file.

I suspect all you have to do is temporarily add *.p3d to the "List of files to copy directly" option in BinPBO

Gnat;1597287']Because the p3d is already binarized' date=' BinPBO can't do it again, hence the error.

A normal addon-maker would be working with an un-binarized p3d file.

I suspect all you have to do is [u']temporarily[/u] add *.p3d to the "List of files to copy directly" option in BinPBO

Thanks for the pointer!! I got it to work but by another way. I used Eliteness to unpack the pbo. Then still using Eliteness I "Derapify" the config.bin file and it opens the .bin file. I edited the .bin file then still using Eliteness I "Rapify" the fixed .bin and it saved it to my Desktop. So I deleted the old .bin and added the new one. Then still using Eliteness I "MakePBO" on the unpacked file and it creates a good to go PBO!!! Thanks for schooling me that the .p3d files were already binarized!!