Sign in to follow this  
sfc.itzhak

Operation unknown wip

hey mates.

after a small leave had the time to come back and add a small update.

i fixed the majority of the bugs in the first release.

#landing bug fixed

#rotor bug ch-46 fixed

#back packs bug fixed

#co pilot head also fixed.

if there anything more to be done let me know for a more stable updated release

sfc.

Nice to see an update to this very nice addon. Got an question, where mite this dl link for the new update be?

I believe he hasn't released it yet. If you notice any more bugs post them before the next, more stable, release. Atleast I think that's what he meant.

Thats sound cool, ya i think most was said about the bugs so far. Wobbling main rotor, and the tail rotor damage. Just notice that you can shoot at the tail rotor with an mg and would not hurt it one bit. Keep the good work going.

@ Itzhak,

great work so far! hope you keep up the good work, especially on the ch-53!

is there any chance to see something like this:

Yup, that's not helpful. I tried to contact him two weeks ago via PM because I was interested in doing a texture for the German version of the CH-53, unfortunately no answer so far. Getting a layered PSD file would have made the work easier (by switching off dirt layers etc.), neverless I started something (not done yet of course):

jhauu66n_jpg.htma8h7udb5_jpg.htm

I would really like to hear from SFC.ITZHAK, first if he has something against me working on the texture, and also if it's ok, maybe he can incorporate it into his addon and create a Bundeswehr version as well (with the textures done, that shouldn't be any effort).

So SFC.ITZHAK, say something please.

would be awesome to see also a german version of the ch-53.

...anyway, thanks for your work! ;)

p.s. hmm, I never understood how to quote properly - here is the quoted post with pics:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1577915&postcount=347

Edited by Absalom

Well, I had stopped half way to wait for the PSDs (in vain) and then I was too lazy and unmotivated lately for various reasons, sry for that. Reading that at least one guy actually wants to see them, I'll resume working on the textures right now ;)

It's a lot of work to adjust the colors blobs of the pattern so the texture seams are not too obvious. Hours without really any visible progress, scraping off a few pixels here and there...

Unfortunately I noticed that I can't write anything on the fuel tanks (e.g. HEER or IFOR or something like that), because they are mirrored, so one side would look weird. But the painting won't be super-realistic anyway. The CH-53 in service in Afghanistan atm are in olive, I assume they are so busy that they didn't find time to paint them, and actually the camo has really only effect when a chopper is on the ground. Even a blind taliban will notice this thing when it's flying over his head, regardless of the color. BTW, notice the sand filters in grey - and the number, which I made up, seriously (the 84 belongs to all CH-53G, but the 98 was really just a random decision)! This is indeed one of the only seven CH-53GS flying around down there carrying the defense minister one way and dead and wounded soldiers the other way.

fqznjmzp.jpg

(Photo taken from a TV news report yesterday)

That won't hold me off though, I'm planning a plain olive version, a 3-color NATO woodland camo (actually, there are two possible variations, with or without brown) and some camo style(s) that should resemble those found on the BW vehicles in service in Afghanistan (and there are quite a few).

I'm still not sure how to release it. This addon might stay in limbo for quite a while, maybe I can release a kind of replacement pack with just the texture inside. Not sure if I can do it with my limited config skills.

Edited by Brainbug

ITZHAK,

We've been using this the last few days, Darkhorse suggested we use them instead of Gachopins '53 and they are certainly easier to fly than his.

Couple of points though...

Damage textures. I love the way bits fall off when it's destroyed, but damage textures would be cool

Burst into flames. It doesn't burst into flames when it's destroyed either.

Right side gunner doesn't get points. Left side gunner gets points when he kills enemy, but the right side one doesn't.

Downdraught dust. One of my guys (I'm not convinced) say that the rotor downdraft dust cloud is too much and could be toned down a little.

I'm making progress. I actually thought I was nearly done, but then noticed I forgot the damage textures, so there's still a heap of work...

There's some model LOD problems too. You can shoot rockets through the hull of the aircraft, they pass straight through.

@ Brainbug:

nice to see, that you keep on working on a german version. :rthumb:

Im always happy to see some screenshots, even if its still WIP. ;)

ok after a lonnng time not here will update..

after a delay will release a new version this week with fixed stuff..

-new sounds for both of them (thanks Chris)

-hope fully weapons to both of the helos

-new scripts for landing gear and ramp (thanks meatball)

-added nose fuel gear

-and will integrate the new skins of brainbug.

-fixed the landing bug

-added damage points

just wanna say thanks to wld427 for his support and help.

really want to finnish with the helos to move to new projects.

sfc. out

great..well be nice! however maby it would be best to have 2 different packs...one for the u.s. and one for the german\others as that will be too much for one addon..specially as many who use either will most likey use only one! example...if there using the german one(s) or the IDF one..they will most likely not use the american ones...no im not being judgemental as many dont know im actually half german(i just was borne here in the u.s.)...and i have a great deal of respect for the you IDF guys!

and i think others might agree that doing it this way is best...as i honestly dont need a bunch more addons\versions when im only gonna be using one version, and if it is the german\IDF version that ill use..which trust me..iv already torn the IDF and german snow camo's version up...great job btw BrainBug!

and on a side note, no worrys Itzhak..belive me i know ur very busy with RL...and the stuff you guys got going on, plus ur arma2 life(addon making lol) so yeah dont feel bad about telling me to shove it:D i just thought it would be ok with you if i atleast gave my opion! btw if theres anything i can help with you already know your always welcome to hit me up on msn!

good day bro, and be safe...we..need...you lol!

p.s. i think i sent you a basic(test) of the textures, as they almost perfectly match up to the BIS USMC helos...which bis actually did currectly lol(color shade i mean), so i just thought maby you would have liked to take alook..maby i could save you vaulable time by updated the usmc textures a bit?

Edited by soldier2390

Woohoo, great to hear about the update. But I agree with soldier2390, please keep the skins separate! I'm really only interested in the USMC content.

Woohoo, great to hear about the update. But I agree with soldier2390, please keep the skins separate! I'm really only interested in the USMC content.

+1 to that

damn and i thought the comunity would hang me by my balls for suggesting that haha!

+1 to that from me also...

However, would like to have an IDF faction.. especially with the release of the Iranian Mod.. I could see some joint US/Israeli covert strike missions on some Iranian targets being made... cant wait!

Can we have the pilots moved to the right hand seats as per real life? It makes landing on the ship a lot easier!!! Beautiful helo's otherwise thank you a heap for making them.

why does the CH-46 drop troops off about 6 foot above the ground, because it looks unnatural.

why does the CH-46 drop troops off about 6 foot above the ground, because it looks unnatural.

Old news, it's a bug due to the walkable interior apparently. Should be fixed when the next update comes (hopefully soon!)