Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

Noticed one other thing...

It is stressed so much that you should ignore k/d and go for team work, yet they completely fail to track your match wins and losses. Sometimes I get a good team adn we fight a good, hard battle, and other times you end up in a very novice team, against a bunch of rank 48, 70 hours playtime in 1 week, keyboard heroes.

In these matches my k/d ratio gets royally raped, as I end up being the only guy trying to plant bombs. Unless I play BC2 with my Arma 2 squad, from now on I am just going to sit back and not care who wins.

Getting very frustrated!

My k/d atm is like 1.29 or something, but before it was much higher. If they tracked wins vs losses maybe more poeple would care.

Noticed one other thing...

It is stressed so much that you should ignore k/d and go for team work, yet they completely fail to track your match wins and losses. Sometimes I get a good team adn we fight a good, hard battle, and other times you end up in a very novice team, against a bunch of rank 48, 70 hours playtime in 1 week, keyboard heroes.

In these matches my k/d ratio gets royally raped, as I end up being the only guy trying to plant bombs. Unless I play BC2 with my Arma 2 squad, from now on I am just going to sit back and not care who wins.

Getting very frustrated!

My k/d atm is like 1.29 or something, but before it was much higher. If they tracked wins vs losses maybe more poeple would care.

Indeed - the Sniperville is really pissing me off. I was on a server with 9 snipers out of the 16 people on my team. What's even worse is that they insist on joining squads even though they have no intention of working as a team.

I don't know if you can restrict classes but snipers need to be severely limited in order for the game to work as intended.

All they care about is their personal score.

Edited by BangTail

If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas.

If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas.

Not sure what you're getting at but whatever.

It's the nature of the beast in that type of game.

Very true, but every so often, when you get a good squad, it is really good fun and very rewarding.

Like last night, me and the 2 guys I was with brought a house down on top of 3 bogies that were holed up inside, very satisfying ;)

Edited by BangTail

I've still only managed 5 games so far... Usually 1 kill / 8 deaths if lucky.

Maybe I'm just too old for this kind of game type :)

I love the atmosphere though but it is kinda frustrating being on level 1 and being run over by 5 level 48 snipers who act as spearhead.. and like previous posts indicate this is always the biggest flaw in these kind of games... nothing but sniper wannabees around.

One match was different luckily and I got to also experience some excellent teamwork.

I need to practice more to get the hang of this.

:)

I think the servers have something against me getting good medic score.

Whenever I've been reviving/throwing out first aid like a mofo, racked up a few 1000 medic points, I get disconnected from the server and lose all the stats for that round :/

One day it might stick tho :j:

I usually play with the same 3 of my friends who own the game, and each of us takes the role he's best with (I go as Engineer). When that happens, the game is incredibly fun.

Having no crouch is a two sided sword....

On one side it's harder for the snipers to hide, on the other side the snipers don't have to lie down to get an accurate shot.

Crouch is there. Prone isn't. Personally, I like it, as it dissuades many from camping, even though it does still happen.

Really wish that crouch was a toggle, though. But it was the same in BF2 so I knew what to expect. Don't miss prone much, tbh.

On one side it's harder for the snipers to hide, on the other side the snipers don't have to lie down to get an accurate shot.
But it also makes it harder for the sniper's target to hide. Anyway, I'd say that I pick off more snipers with my MG at long range than I get killed by them so no big deal. Funny to see them scramble for cover after I have nicked them a couple of times. Like the headless chicken most of them are. :D

If everyone starts posting their username/ID's so we can add each other on the friends lists maybe we can get some more BI forum goers joining the same servers for some epic teamwork related gaming, this game is absolutely incredible when playing with friends online, very gratifying!.

Also post time zone if that helps as we're an international communtiy

ID: Ykm1

Time Zone : GMT

If everyone starts posting their username/ID's so we can add each other on the friends lists maybe we can get some more BI forum goers joining the same servers for some epic teamwork related gaming, this game is absolutely incredible when playing with friends online, very gratifying!.

<<<<<<<<

Only two more weapons to unlock. :D (engineer) UMP .45 and Weird Uzi thing :P

Edited by Dead3yez

I think the servers have something against me getting good medic score.

Whenever I've been reviving/throwing out first aid like a mofo, racked up a few 1000 medic points, I get disconnected from the server and lose all the stats for that round :/

One day it might stick tho :j:

Even after a disco your stats are tracked mate :)

If you noticed your stats definitely were not updated, then the game wasn't tracking you in the first place :(

I finally solved the connection issues on my behalf!!

I've been using sygate firewall...never issues with it before. Now I enabled windows firewall and closed sygate: Bingo. All servers accessible.....finally

:)

I'm new on the forums but I play Arma2 alot and I would like to invite anyone with a good ping to play on my server (East Coast Warfare).I'm trying to get decent players on and I rotate Conquest/Rush without killcams when that decides to work.Also I'd like to play hardcore but its a ghost town when i tri it. put me on friends I.D. deadpool345 Thanks

How do you use a 360 controller on this POS game?

I tried it and now im getting a million CTD's and still having issues joining games.

Too many problems, i think im going to steer clear with all future BF games especially if its multiplat.

PC version= garbage.

So I broke down and bought it. Disappointed so far. Not trying to start a flame war, but the gameplay and cheesy weather effects to mask the lack of view distance is a big turn off. The game absolutely reeks of consolitis. The Battlefield series that was, is dead.

I hate to sound like an old fart, but modern FPS games just ain't what they used to be.

Edited by Grizzle

In all likelyhood BF3 will be multiplatform as well and of course good ol Crysis is getting the console treatment.

Kellys heroes clan has a 32slot rush/conquest server, if you fancy a game then your welcome to join us

Im really liking the game at the moment lots of immersion and the atmosphere at most times is amazing, ive encountered a few stange things Dice need to clear up but its a keeper forsure

Add me

Pauld

...cheesy weather effects to mask the lack of view distance....

I love the weather effects! Slightly annoying graphically, but they up the immersion immensely and help you avoid falling prey to snipers constantly. Arma2 doesn't need a constant 60fps+ because of the pace. This game does.

There's a lot about the gameplay that reminds me of Counter Strike crossed with Battlefield2. To many that will be a bad thing, but I like that kind of mix.

Now, if autobalance started working so that teams weren't stacked 50% of the time, we'd really be cooking with gas.

Really wish that crouch was a toggle, though.

There are scripts for this: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/421736.page Apparently, PunkBuster won't throw a wobbler.

Oh, please! Have you never seen a game of Domination in which everyone's soloing? Human nature's at fault here (or these players' personalities), not a particular game. At least this game tries to force the morons to squad up....

Edited by Richey79