Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

Godamn this game is addicting.

First time I played it all day and there are moments when you want to throw it in the f*cking microwave, and other moments when it just plays out beautifully which keeps you coming back for more.

Just played a 6x6, and so far that was the most fun I've had yet. All the guys from both teams were supporting each other engineer/meds, and it's just a treat to play when the teams gel like that.

Other moments, not so much...

It's very odd that people are experiencing the polar opposite to what I am. I wonder what exactly is different between mine and their setup to cause such a change. I've been playing online successfully so much that I'm now level 11, and some people can't even get into one server. Really, really odd...

I'm not even level 1..... I've got into 4 games so far. Otherwise it's been "kicked by PB", "Can't connect to EA" or then just clicking on server and nothing happens.

I did make the "pbsec.htm" into pb file but I'm too pissed off to try the game for awhile.

:(

Wow. Now things are starting to work...

Rape!!! Stayed up all night battering the life out of engineer and medic classes. Some matches I went 20+ to 0 deaths just by sneaking around lol. As an engineer I have made my own drill lol! It's actually a good long range class aswell if you can controll the bursts well.

Shoot

Repair

Shoot

BIG BOOM

shoot

Laser

JavelinPG (Like an RPG aimed very high in the air to come down on lazed target)

BIG BOOM

shoot

run out of ammo

kamikazee

:D

And as a sniper I just sit back and and go for headshots, starting to get a bit used to the bullet drop now. It's balanced really well, as the bullet drop is much more than in real life, but it makes perfect sense judging by map sizes.

On one map, I got an OCTO-KILL!!! I threw grenade, launched rpg, and sprayed my smg over 2 guys spawning on their buddy. Was the most perfect combo ever, promtly followed by an EA server shut down xD

Loving the game now :) But I will take a break today and go to my friends house xD

Happy gaming! If anyone wants to add me my ingame name is:

Richie Speed

But if I don't accept don't be surprised, the friends list is uber bugged, so hardly any requests go through, and everybody always apears offline lol...

Edited by Guest

My best kill so far was defending a flag all on my own in Conquest. I had a Bradley and a quad bike come rolling up on me as an Engineer. Waited for the guys to get out of the back of the Bradley and off the quad bike, then threw a grenade where they huddled around the flag, took down 3, shot another 2, then blew up the Bradley and it's three remaining occupants with my M136. Wish I had recorded it.

And yes, the game is incredibly addicting. Spent my whole weekend pretty much playing it (was a pretty uneventful weekend, so best time to do so). :D

Oh, and the Engineer class gets a lot easier to kill with once you unlock the Marksman SMG specialization for it. Then the guns are all much more accurate, so much so you can spray and most will hit your enemy. I've so far got the Marksman SMG and the Marksman AR (for the Assault class).

I'm not even level 1..... I've got into 4 games so far. Otherwise it's been "kicked by PB", "Can't connect to EA" or then just clicking on server and nothing happens.

I did make the "pbsec.htm" into pb file but I'm too pissed off to try the game for awhile.

:(

Make sure you've uninstalled the beta if you still have it, and go to here and download this pbsetup.exe file and update your Punkbuster for BC2. Hopefully that will at least fix the Punkbuster errors.

Edited by Zipper5

Make sure you've uninstalled the beta if you still have it, and go to here and download this pbsetup.exe file and update your Punkbuster for BC2. Hopefully that will at least fix the Punkbuster errors.

Well, I have a steam version which I purchased after the beta was closed. I can't at least find any beta folder inside the application folders.

Btw, it's not fair that US players got to start earlier..... it's too hard for me to rush against their railguns with my sling.. hehe

:rolleyes:

I'm at a higher level than most already, so I'd say it's fair.

... Just depends on how much you play it. =P

I emailed my supplier this morning asking when BC2 would be shipped, they emailed back fast saying "Sorry, that game hasn't been released yet"

I emailed back, "yes it has", so they emailed back, "Sorry, but we haven't received stock of the item yet. We do not currently have an ETA of when stock will arrive"

I emailed my supplier this morning asking when BC2 would be shipped, they emailed back fast saying "Sorry, that game hasn't been released yet"

I emailed back, "yes it has", so they emailed back, "Sorry, but we haven't received stock of the item yet. We do not currently have an ETA of when stock will arrive"

Cancel it then

I considered it, but I pre-ordered it online for AU$50 being the cheapest place, the second cheapest being off Steam for US$70. I'm cheap enough to wait.

I've been playing online successfully so much that I'm now level 11

You level up? And then you can buy weapons and gear with real money? So if one dont want to cash out there will be others with better weapons than you?

Im not sure im ready for all this. Oh and i saw people jumping in a video... That scares me. :D

JavelinPG (Like an RPG aimed very high in the air to come down on lazed target)

I thought i was the only one that did that, works pretty well for lazed apaches because the pilots usually change their altitude to avoid the missles coming horizontal...they never see it coming like that

is the sp in the game any good? i know its short but is the sp worth playing?

The SP is fantastic. It's nowhere near as short as MW2 for instance, and feels far less "on rails". If you slow down a bit you can plan your way through the missions and enjoy the really excellent graphics and sound design. The plot is deliberately corny and far fetched, and the dialog is a hell of a lot funnier than most.

I'm on my 2nd play through now and still enjoying it.

I didn't really care for it. I guess if you like cinematics and tightly scripted "action events" with little need for tactical-type planning you may enjoy it though. I thought the AI was quite shooter typical in that once you open fire on them, they get an instant awareness of where you are.

MP (hardcore mode) is where the fun is at.

I'm completely hooked on this game at the moment. Funny with all the downtime, disconnections and PB issues happening at the moment. It'll be interesting to see what comes in the first patch, cross fingers for server browser improvements.

I played singleplayer for a couple of hours at a friends place, it's a blast. Nothing really tactical about it, more of a linear arcade shooter romp, but it's great. A lot of variation throughout (could have been some more variation in the assault rifles though), and there's a lot of the great action moments if you keep and eye out. Things like having a sniper and 2 RPG's on top of the building only to see some well placed explosives at the foundation of the building. One well placed shot and you have to pause to stop laughing.

The sound is excellent, and from what I could figure of it without going into too much depth (or reading the manual) is for the sound settings is :

Headphones (obvious)

Small speakers (also obvious, dulled down sounds to go better through less powerful speakers)

HiFi (not so obvious, basically 2.0/2.1 with some upmix effect to make background sound come out the rear/surround speakers in a 5.1/7.1 setup)

Home Cinema (True 5.1 surround. Sounds excellent)

War Tapes (Basically Home Cinema with the frequencies amped up, the volumes more dynamic and in your face, sounds brilliant but overemphasizes some things it shouldn't, like the EAX echo effects that start sounding like you're drowning, or the jeep engine that sounds like several engines on top of each other)

On any setting the sound is brilliant though. Especially the different EAX effects in different situations (tunnels, inside buildings, etc)

One thing I did find a little odd with the singleplayer, and I'm not sure if it translates over to multiplayer at all, is that sometimes I would line up a shot with a sniper rifle, then I'd get shot sending my scope a good height above (and often to the side of) the target, fire the shot and the target would still drop dead.

Edited by Bulldogs

I've unlocked all kits stuff, medic and assualt. Now working on engineer and recon. (lvl 22) :D

One round I got 30k points. :|

Usually I'm doing well if I get 6-8k.

Have only played a few missions on SP. Just went to MP and never turned back yet.

I don't like hardcore mode. It's for campers. It makes the weapon stats and perks pretty much irrelevant as you can kill everyone with one shot (just about) anyway. In beta it was OK as their isn't much difference between lvl1 and 12 anyway.

Edited by Dead3yez

Currently trying to do okay with the medic class, but for LMGs, the PKM and M249 are ridiculously inaccurate in the game.

Its also kindof rediculous that you can kill people quicker with a carbine than an LMG.

Still, all in the name of balance I guess

M249 is an awesome weapon. :| Just shoot it in bursts if you want accuracy.

If you want accuracy with the LMG wait for MG36/m60 or hardened barrel. Personally I use MG36 with Magnum ammunition when I'm medic. :D It rapes.

Balance is really bad imo. Point blank I encounter a sniper armed with pistol, and I have a fully automatic assault rifle. I fire 3 full bursts into his chest and head, yet in 2 bullets he kills me without a headshot.

Balance my ass lol...Pistols are like the model 1887 akimbos were in COD. Pure rape, way beyond what they should be.

My prefered class is definitely engineer or sniper, although I am trying to upgrade my medic and assault attributes. It seems that semi-auto snipers are better than bolt action, as most snipers get more killes when spraying. Although I stick to my trusty old m24 =D

Really fun game so far, EA is taking the piss however, and I find it funny how consoles have no internet issues. For a devloper and publisher with so many online games, it amazes me how they screwed this one up so bad.

But yeah, problems aside, still loving it as much as ever!

That's why I play HC only. You can kill with every weapon, not only the .50 cal.

What are the maps like?

I've heard a few earlier reports that their designed too linear like a golf course.

They got to keep all the little nooby kiddies happy by f'ing the game up with retarded balancing.

Im really thankful that DICE didnt take out bullet drop, that caused alot of havok during beta and at release, I kept hearing little tikes say "why is my bullet not going straight?"

HA

On a side note: Screw EA, still no servers are showing up in the browser!! Play now doesnt find games either no matter what filters, but I can log into EA server??? FAIL! :banghead: : :936:

Balance is really bad imo. Point blank I encounter a sniper armed with pistol, and I have a fully automatic assault rifle. I fire 3 full bursts into his chest and head, yet in 2 bullets he kills me without a headshot.

Balance my ass lol...Pistols are like the model 1887 akimbos were in COD. Pure rape, way beyond what they should be.

My prefered class is definitely engineer or sniper, although I am trying to upgrade my medic and assault attributes. It seems that semi-auto snipers are better than bolt action, as most snipers get more killes when spraying. Although I stick to my trusty old m24 =D

Really fun game so far, EA is taking the piss however, and I find it funny how consoles have no internet issues. For a devloper and publisher with so many online games, it amazes me how they screwed this one up so bad.

But yeah, problems aside, still loving it as much as ever!

Actually, consoles are having issues with the servers. DICE weren't anticipating a lot of people buying and it. Same problem with BF 1943 when it first came out.