Sign in to follow this  
WYZe1

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta

Argh. Just downloaded the patch and seems i have to start the campaign over again ...was already halfway through. :/

Aside from that, it`s what i hoped it would be - insane close quarters mayhem, with a extraordinary audio-visual treatment. :D

Might buy this one if there are any mature players to play it with. Cant stand kids calling eachother noobs etc. That will make me blow a heart valve.

Even though the gameplay is extremely fast there might be some room for tactics and that would be the thing appealing to me. The atmosphere is what i want to experience as well. Sounds etc seems superb.

As someone said - seems to be a great game when there is need for some arcade action. :)

I have probably played 50 matches today, and not once has anyone said "noob" or any form of insult to anyone. The most you will see is "gg" being said at the end of each round. And yes, the game is a fairly tactical arcade shooter. Running and gunning like in MW2 won't get you very far.

Edited by Zipper5

Great game.

Although possibly the worst release I have ever experienced. Even worse than GTA IV, and that sais alot.

I personally have not had huge issues. However, just look at the forums. Over 50% of all users who bought digitally can't even launch the game, the multiplayer fails to recognize limited edition unlocks, and many people have connection issues.

For me, the campaign is going really great, my only issue was steam screwing everything up. I just wish the friendly AI weren't such retards lol...

All in all, fantastic game, crappy release. Looking foward to the next few days!

It's odd, I've probably played close to 50 or 60 matches today and I have had no connection issues whatsoever. Perhaps they're waiting for me... :butbut:

The EA master server or whatever is lagging so badly. I think this is what is causing a lot of problems for people to connect to servers. :|

Here's a bunch of pictures I took when playing two recent games of Rush:

BFBC2_1_th.jpg

Right in the head

BFBC2_2_th.jpg

Up close and personal

BFBC2_3_th.jpg

Before - After

BFBC2_4_th.jpg

Carrying out my civic duty

BFBC2_5_th.jpg

In his last minutes

I find the game looks and runs a lot better with bloom disabled...

Make sure you register them all here then. You can unlock the M1 garand in BC2 for having veteran points. I'm not sure if there's any other bonuses.

god damnit, apparently someone has already claimed my 1942 and bf:nam cd keys.... bullshits :mad:

I have probably played 50 matches today, and not once as anyone said "noob" or any form of insult to anyone. The most you will see is "gg" being said at the end of each round. And yes, the game is a fairly tactical arcade shooter. Running and gunning like in MW2 won't get you very far.

I didnt see anything like that during the beta. The people were too busy killing each other.

Also Zipper, thanks for the pics.

god damnit, apparently someone has already claimed my 1942 and bf:nam cd keys.... bullshits :mad:

Same here... it only let me use my BF 2 (and the expansions). But that was enough for gun unlock though so I'll leave it alone for now.

I'm really enjoying playing a medic so far.

It's a bug on the Veteran site. It says that for a lot of people.

you need to contact EA support to add them manually.

http://support.ea.com/chat

Still zero servers in the browser and can't even get into a game using play now!!

Nice...

Get your shit together EA, had this game since 12 o clock launch day and only got into one MP game!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Makes a good cup coaster aswell as Operation Feecepoint

Still zero servers in the browser and can't even get into a game using play now!!

Nice...

Get your shit together EA, had this game since 12 o clock launch day and only got into one MP game!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Are you using steam version?

I had same issue first when I started yesterday... try crossing the punkbuster off from server browsing and just retry..

I got into games eventually (I'm cannonfodder to those BF2 veterans, lol)

Although still experiencing odd things like "server full" announcements even if there's only 3/18 players etc...

Sounds like it's a problem on your side, Flash Thunder. I've now played over 15.8 hours online (according to Steam) and I have yet to have any connection issues, any server browser issues, any Play Now issues, and I've only crashed once.

You're lucky, then. So far, this has been a pretty horrible experience for me. It takes about 10-15 tries to get on a server. 1/3 of that the popup will claim the server is full another 1/3 it says theres something wrong with my connection and the last 1/3 does nothing at all - the little circle of doom spins around and around and then, nothing, just drops me back to the list with no error message at all.

After how many online games is Dice going to get their sh*t together and program a serverbrowser that is worth its salt? Really now, why don't they take lessons from Valve on how its done. Sleek, fast, full of options and filters that I set once and then forget about and not have to check again each and every time. Utter incompetence!

When I get the chance to play, the game does make up for the inconvenience of actually getting there, but it is still aggravating to say the least.

Seems I've just run into my first connection issue. For some reason I'm suddenly being logged out of my account when connecting to any server. As soon as I refresh, switch to History or Favorites, or hit Login again, I'm automatically logged in without entering any information.

I've posted on their forums about it. Hopefully I'm not the only one getting it. Maybe it'll go away in a while.

Nice...

I had this happen to me in Borderlands. Some other games worked, but Borderlands and some other networking stuff didn't work (wouldn't show any games in Borderlands). Narrowed it down to a bugged TCP/IP stack in Windows 7 64bit. Had to reinstall windows to fix it.

Well so far so good !

No major issue until now, a few error messages "Can't connect EA online" if I use the server browser but I'm still able to play if I click on "Play now".

Same as KillaAlf and Flash Thunder. I can use the browser just fine, it even lists pings if running BC2 as admin, but can't join any of the listed games. Popup either states max. capacity, or client connection issues. Already tried disabling the firewall, and reconfiguring my net adapter and services. No go. :confused:

Now we get to see if they'll carry better support than another certain title

This is completely pissing me off, worst release I have ever experienced. GTA IV was heaven compared thi this BS.

I can connect to 1/10 servers. Can never, ever connect to a conquest match. Can't find any servers with more than 5 players per team. Always get disconnected. Lag. Lag.

Oh, and did I mention the hackers?

Should have got it for console, the platform with more money.

So the beta testing stage was used to it´s fullest in order to iron out any bugs heh? :D

It´s a good thing im broke atm, i´ll just resort to bying it when it hits the bargain bin..

Four out of five of my beta comrades had the same connection failures during beta, so i never got to play with them. Worked just fine here so i´m having good hopes it still does ... but apart from that it´s always a bad decision to buy on release day - one should know it by now.

It's very odd that people are experiencing the polar opposite to what I am. I wonder what exactly is different between mine and their setup to cause such a change. I've been playing online successfully so much that I'm now level 11, and some people can't even get into one server. Really, really odd...

Should have got it for console, the platform with more money.

wrong

btw: PC currently has more people playing and are in game servers than both the consoles.

make a support ticket. i have been encouraged to do just that from a friend after hes experienced the same thing, then I found my BF1942 key ' was already in use '. His was corrected, mine is in email.

*edit*

this!

It's a bug on the Veteran site. It says that for a lot of people.

you need to contact EA support to add them manually.

http://support.ea.com/chat

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-