Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Hi all. I've a question: what should I do if I want to install Zeus AI on CO server? Could I delete all files with OA prefix?

PS: I read install instruction and did't find answer for these questions.

PPS: Problem is solved. Need to read readme better ;). Thx for good mod!

Edited by Spayker

Hi guys again! I have one more question: how to make zeus ai more agressive in game? Should I use only armaprofile for setting ai skills?

Higher skill does not mean higher aggressiveness, and sometimes may actually cause the opposite. You'd probably need to use some scripts to make the AI attack more.

I noticed, that ai almost don't react on my presence on close distance between us. Original ai usually begins to attack me. Also rpg bots don't attack armored units on close distance (about >10m and <100m).

That's why I think about more aggressive ai.

Protegimus, did you see the newest Beta Patch and the AI changes that were made?

What do these files do with AI brane? =)

They add some stuff that make AI use features it doesn't use normally - like changing formations on its own, moving into different positions on its own, using smoke etc - but the big downside is that this makes AI less responsive and also takes the control away from the player (if he is a commander) and a mission maker. Whether you need to remove them or not depends on what balance between control/features you need.

Them breaking something in AI reaction times is more of a guess because reactions depend on ai_recognition and ai_skills modules which have them quite fine. It's just that f.e. with sys_AI when your AT gunner spots an enemy vehicle he will take a lot of time trying to find a firing position with cover, while the squad will get wiped out by that vehicle - whereas without sys_AI the AT gunner will engage almost instantly. Basically as I've said those modules make AI go about its own thing so it's worth trying the game without them - you got the idea

Maybe making them have an "on contact shoot 1-X shots and only then go to cover" mentality would improve things. Prot, is this feasible to implement?

Protegimus, did you see the newest Beta Patch and the AI changes that were made?

Does this mod work currently with the most recent beta patch as of today? A lot of severe AI changes were made.

I play without those 3 pbos I've mentioned and the ones that are still there only improve the new beta (I also play with ACE though)

They add some stuff that make AI use features it doesn't use normally - like changing formations on its own, moving into different positions on its own, using smoke etc - but the big downside is that this makes AI less responsive and also takes the control away from the player (if he is a commander) and a mission maker. Whether you need to remove them or not depends on what balance between control/features you need.

Them breaking something in AI reaction times is more of a guess because reactions depend on ai_recognition and ai_skills modules which have them quite fine. It's just that f.e. with sys_AI when your AT gunner spots an enemy vehicle he will take a lot of time trying to find a firing position with cover, while the squad will get wiped out by that vehicle - whereas without sys_AI the AT gunner will engage almost instantly. Basically as I've said those modules make AI go about its own thing so it's worth trying the game without them - you got the idea

Thx for explanation! :cool:

I did read that some use ACE with this Zeus AI mod, but doesnt have ACE already AI improvements ?

ACE mostly just improves reactions and enemy detection distances. Zeus takes it further.

Because this question comes up so frequently, I put together a modfolder with just the latest Zeus files you need to use with ACE. It's been posted every few pages.

"ZeusAI_ACE.7z"

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/files

Thank you for this link :). But do I just use these files in this archive or should I add the other files from zeus latest version as well for best compability and performance with ACE?

(Mostly referring to OA files, like zeu_OA_c_ai_recognition.pbo and others.)

Sorry if this has already been answered before, I just want to be sure.

Thank you!

Nope, the Zeus ACE pack has the latest files, but only the ones you need if you play with ACE.

You don't want the newer OA files, instead it includes the older Zeus for ACE files from A2.

But do I just use these files in this archive or should I add the other files from zeus latest version as well for best compability and performance with ACE?

You know I was just wondering that, I wanted to try zeus ai out today...

And thanks AnimalMother92 for the answer and link. :)

Nope, the Zeus ACE pack has the latest files, but only the ones you need if you play with ACE.

You don't want the newer OA files, instead it includes the older Zeus for ACE files from A2.

Thanks for the answer! The AI got much cleaner after I took those other OA files away.

:thumbsup:

um, n00b question but if i have all the reccemended settings (precision 0.5 - 0.2 and skill at 0.98500001 for both east and west), but in the editer i have guerillas on 0.5 skill, regular infantry on 0.8, specila forces at 1, shit like lingor/cdf/taki army (not militia, they count as insurgents) at 0.65 and finally armed civilians (and other ex-civs who have taken up arms from other mods) all at 0.2 skill on the skill level slider in their editer 'box' (when you double click). Which one overrides which or do they sorta of merge and meet halfway or will they cancel each other out or something :confused: Im thiking he editer cancels the config out and the config is just a basis, but i would like to be sure. Thanks in advanced.

MULTIPLY?:o ur pulling my chain right....... I am not seeing a difference really...

@Protegimis, can you please explain the difference and effects of adjusting skillFriendly/Enemy=xxxxxxx, percisionFriendly/Enemy=xxxxxd and also the skill bar in the editor.

I am currently under suspicion that the skill slider adjusts percision not intelligence (skill), while this is ok wih me, is there a way to change the 'skill' (intelligence) of an individual unit/group, and or faction rather then just side? Probably not function but you should be able to setSkill of a unit shouldnt you? Please reply asap i have heaps about this mod being great and all, i just want to get it working properlly.

I am running ACE btw but aparently with latest version (i have) it works fine.

From what I understand skill* adjusts enemy tactical abilities (f.e. with low skill* AI will move less in formations, while with high skill* they will act more like a team) and precision* adjusts AI's skill with weapons.

'Skill' in the editor adds variations to what is set in cfgAISkills class I think (f.e. you have variables like detection there with minimum and maximum values - with lowest Skill in the editor the minimum will be used, with highest - the maximum. And everything in between with any other setting). And also possibly adds variations to both of those above.

Edited by metalcraze

i found a setSkill command BUT it seems to increase precision values and stuff more related to that rather then inteligence stuff like formation, attack as a group, supresive fire and flanking.

It is my understanding now that the 'skill' in the difficulty and cfg menus/files is intelligence but the 'skill' in the editor is stuff like precision courage etc, so i think Tonci87 may be correct and precision does multiply (cfg value x precision value included in setSkill array from the slider in the editor..).

I am just thinking outload but if anyone would like to confirm this it would be appriciated. Is there anyway to make militia attack front on in loose formation while proper soldiers fight in formation and flank and supress etc? This would be cool:)

Precision doesn't really multiply. It works a bit differently. And yes it's present in CfgAISkill, although via multiple values.

Here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgAISkill

Let's take 'aimingAccuracy[] = {0, 0.5, 1, 1};'

Numbers work in pairs. F.e. 0 means that with the lowest skill set in the editor aimingAccuracy will be 0.5 - and with highest skill (1) the aiming accuracy will be highest (1). And if you'll move a slider, say, to 30% - the aimingAccuracy will be ~0.7

You can set values like {0.3, 0.5, 1, 1}

That will mean that all AIs, whose skill slider is below 30% in the editor will have 50% aiming accuracy - and it will become better only after you move the skill slider beyond 30%

At least that's what I get from me playing around with Zeus values in config scripts and in the editor.

I guess after what is set in the editor the final precision value is being affected by what is set in the difficulty settings.

Edited by metalcraze