Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

I agree but, its annoying for you cos your watching the thread every day just like everyone else is too.

The rudeness is wrong no question about it,if someone asks about the mod status every now and again there isn't anything wrong with that of course, its when it becomes a band wagon that its a problem.

I think maybe the rule of thumb is if someone has asked recently and the original OS has not replied not asking again shouldn't be done out of politeness.

People shouldn't be discouraged not to talk about WarFx though as it isn't "bumping", as I'm sure you will agree.

Edited by Bigpickle

Oh my god I just soiled myself again! I thought there may be some constructive new info.

I do not want to offend the OS, but he has already greatly prolonged with release at least a beta version WarFX - Blastcore, its release has been promised a long time ago, I believe that promises must be given, if you can do it in time.

Sorry for my english.

When did he ever make a "promise"? You do realize he's doing this out of charity and gets nothing in return, right? I believe people need to learn how to be patient, not expect a release or info every other day.

Hi,

Is there an approximate release date for this mod?

Probably not. It's absolutely pointless. Hell, people can't even wait for the beta with out being impatient. What do you think would happen if he set a date and missed it? It's not even worth the hassle.

It's done when it's done.

OS did enlist the army right?. if he got the job then i understand why he dont like working on BC in the weekend. so we all have to wait so grab some beer and go out to party. :)

Well on a positive note:

You know its one hell of a great addon when it draws this much attention before being released. The longer the wait the better the release willl be, thats how I look at it.

Well on a positive note:

You know its one hell of a great addon when it draws this much attention before being released. The longer the wait the better the release willl be, thats how I look at it.

No doubt. That's what's got me excited about it. The fact that people are so eager to use it, and the utter wickedness of the current WarFX, definitely says something about how great this will be.

We are lucky to have OS in this community!

Well even Duke Nukem Forever seems to develop and will be realeased, If this game finally is going to do that, we can be suer that War FX will be released sometimes too ^^

Hehe, I was playing some Dom earlier and it was during the morning where the sky is blue but the sun hasn't peaked over the horizon yet in so it's still very dark all around in the game and we had a harrier doing CAS on a town. With WarFX turned on it was glorious :O

Before the lighting changes in Arrowhead I don't think I've seen WarFX look so good. I'm most certainly keeping my eye out for Blastcore.

Yeah! WarFX is amazing, I was playing a custom mission just a minute ago with WarFX and A-10 strike, I just did that mission like 5 times lol, also with HiFi Air sound mod :worship:

Manzilla, I know what I'm gonna buy you for Christmas. Some new Pants, your gonna need em at this rate.

Yeah OS did apply to join up, think he said he was accepted, not sure if he took it up though.

Yeah OS did apply to join up, think he said he was accepted, not sure if he took it up though.

If he did thats no excuse.... laptop :D

Manzilla, I know what I'm gonna buy you for Christmas. Some new Pants, your gonna need em at this rate.

Two pairs would be wise. At this rate I'd wreck one pair that day. :)

Does anyone have a working link for the most current WARFX. The ACE2 release?

yeh but it forbids playing on checked servers. Besides wahts the point of distributing bisign files without the bikey :S

So you can join his server, where he can monitor his own .rpt maybe? Maybe he wanted to not ruin servers, and potentially cause them instability, and in the process make his own mod unpopular if it did? Don't know. Only solution is to sign it yourself with your own key, which will at least allow you to play with it on your own server. Not sure what the guidelines are for doing it though. I don't think there is a general rule not to make serverkeys for beta versions (but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Aren't there "eternal beta mods" that are just about perfect?

I know it has problems though, and some missions may not use regular BIS effects scripts, so that the WarFX equivalent for that particular fx is never used.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Just to clarify, as I am confused...

Does this mod work in OA (either stand-alone or CO)?

Okay, now I'm a bit confused. Some server's let me use the fixed version as posted a few pages back (the one that fixes the spinning fires), but some don't:

Warning Message: Files "

"@warfx_particles_beta_1.41\addons\warfxpe.pbo", "@warfx_particles_beta_1.41\addons\warfxveh.pbo", "@warfx_particles_beta_1.41\addons\warfxweps.pbo", ... are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.