Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Ok just another worded update, sorry if you thought id posted the mod but i will make a new thread when i do..... , good and bad news really...

Bad news for me is that i will no longer be joining the Army, at my age i got pretty much no chance of joining the RTR or RE or anything apart from infantry, especially since the government decided to come along and start butchering up our lovely Army, I quess they really do want some freshmeat right out of school, cannon fodder for the system more like, anyway thats that over with, im pretty pissed off about it tbh seeing as i spent a good time training and going thru all their paperwork and barb tests etc, also being x-army TA i thought id have a good chance of getting back in on some action, but anyway at least my recruiter was honest he could have said i could have been anything i wanted and id end up being a shitass grunt for the next 4 yrs.

Good news is that i can spend more time working on the mod, which i have been doing so anyway. The effects are currently going pretty great, alot of features have been implemented and look pretty awesome imo. Im trying to make everything look as polished and stable as possible for max perf and playability, the scripting issues are somewhat confusing but as i said before they are no game breaking and seem to be on the level of sometimes they work, sometimes they dont so im sure someone can work it and a fix can be made after release or something. I will not give a ETA when the release date is, sometimes things just work, sometimes its just a nightmare.

Will keep you posted.

OP

Edited by Opticalsnare

...the scripting issues are somewhat confusing but as i said before they are no game breaking and seem to be on the level of sometimes they work, sometimes they dont so im sure someone can work it and a fix can be made after release or something. I will not give a ETA when the release date is, sometimes things just work, sometimes its just a nightmare.

If you have any troubles, ask for help in the scripting section, or at OFPEC, or both. Teh Gurus there will sort it nicely.

Is the latest version 2.0 ? The smoke and dust seems lesser in 2.0. Anyone feel the same ?

Using version 1.41 beta, Javelin rockets are blowing up in the sky. Is it warFX's fault?

Disregard.

Edited by Daniel

Using version 1.41 beta, Javelin rockets are blowing up in the sky. Is it warFX's fault?

No, warfx doesnt change any weapon settings only visual effects.

No, warfx doesnt change any weapon settings only visual effects.

Thanks for narrowing down my search. I really like this mod, if just for the vehicle dust. It adds more realism to my helicopter landings and takeoffs!

Yeah rockets some do still though, there are a few weapons behave oddly since i installed BAF, i dont get the javelin explode in mid air, but one of the BAF rockets does instead. Definitely not WarFx though.

OS, bit gutted for you on how things have happened with the Army, I'm sure in the grand scheme of things it will be for the better. Don't join as infantry no matter how bad the temptation, when you get out will be trained in nothing helpful for civvie life, finding work is a nightmare, and they don't call em "the poor bloody infantry" for nothing. RE is the way forward. Maybe wait till this political shit blows over and no doubt they will start recruiting again.

Great news to hear that things are going a bit more smooth with blastcore than they were a while ago. I have a question if you dont mind me asking, Do you eventually plan to include custom effects such as Napalm or WP arty ? A2CO & OA really lacks these sort of mods.

Edited by Bigpickle

I figured it out. I was firing the rocket too close. If it doesn't travel a certain distance, it doesn't lock on or arm itself right? Nothing's wrong with warFX for me.

Optical, did you contacted with some BIS devs? maybe they can help you to make it even more awesome and also as a official update, and with options that you can turn on/off or change detail settings so slow computars can play the game too. and maybe you get pay for this also

I did think about planning a lite version, the current version is mostly based for small missions where you wont have 5 million tanks and billions of troops running about and blowing eachother up like some of you lunatics make in your editors. Atm some of the effects are pretty tight till you go stupid, which im trying to make as stable as possible, it terms of stability, 80% of the effects are very stable in terms of FPS reduction some however are more detailed than others and reduce FPS more, but these are the "specials" like LGB's etc so unless you plan on dropping over 10 in one go you should be ok. Some others like the mk82 which can be used as a carpet has 2 differnt effects so one is for high detail for single drop like the gbu12 which has the same warhead or 50+ from a B52 or whatever which has no sparks, dirt and less smoke to stop that annoying particle limiter.

I know this is taking alot longer than expected, but i am trying to make this as stable and as visually amazing as possible, and im postive you will not be disappointed.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Do Mk. 82s and GBU 12s have sparks? :confused:

Optical, did you contacted with some BIS devs? maybe they can help you to make it even more awesome and also as a official update, and with options that you can turn on/off or change detail settings so slow computars can play the game too. and maybe you get pay for this also

The strange thing is that bis not contact it to see how they can help you implement this addons to the game and pay what it's worth the work.

This course has improved every game explosion effects and are dont really good.

If not you should pay to give a hat or shirt or jacket in recognition of these effects that incorporates the game through opticalsnare.

The strange thing is that bis not contact it to see how they can help you implement this addons to the game and pay what it's worth the work.

This course has improved every game explosion effects and are dont really good.

If not you should pay to give a hat or shirt or jacket in recognition of these effects that incorporates the game through opticalsnare.

Say whoa?

Anyway, OS, it sounds great with the speech about the FPS. I think that "IF" you're gonna run a great mission with lots of things going on I really don't think it's a good idea run the game with Blastcore... :rolleyes:

However, if you're playing a small COOP mission, it'll be perfect, even with people with low-end computers. Just listen to it. Doesn't it sound logical enough to you guys? ;)

When explosions and shit are playing, is it more focused on your CPU than your graphic-cards? Then I hope my HD6870's will do their part! :)

Will there be some nice napalm and white phosporus in the mod?? :)

Yea theres Napalm, WP, Cluster, MOAB, Nukes + a bunch of other effects for other types of ammo like M982 Excalibur, BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-154 JSOW etc etc...

Edited by Opticalsnare

Yea theres Napalm, WP, Cluster, MOAB, Nukes + a bunch of other effects for other types of ammo like M982 Excalibur, BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-154 JSOW etc etc...

Nukes huh? - No smiley, guess he's serious. If so, welcome to the club of serious nuclear devs.

:smiley-evil:

In the eloquently put words of J & Silent Bob, "Dude, I think I just filled the cup"

Sounds nice! now it just should come out sooner or later^^

Lookin forward to create some nice coops on vietnam mods with your effects :)

Hello OS. I have no idea how FLIR works in the game, if there's a separate texture for things that should be hot etc - If that's the case, have you given any thought as to how these effects appear through FLIR?

Blastcore will make you a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus, just like OS. :p