Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

Enjoyed the mod thus far.. only nitpick would be the kicked up dirt might be a bit much.. if a MG fires at prone enemies for example, very quickly you totally loose sight of the target, and immediate area of where you hit, such things will get players killed. (havent tried 1.1 yet.. just finished a 4h session.. ugh)

Cool addon! Testing it out now and looks promising.

I have to agree with above though that the dust kicked up is too much. For a big caliber it would be nice, but when i shoot a M16 into the ground it leaves a huge plume of dust flying up and away in the wind. Would be much nicer if that dust was smaller. IMO ofcourse. :)

Awesome! Been waiting for this one to get released .. like a little kid awaits xmas :D Thx!

Does it include signatures & keys (unlike the tracer mod)?

thank-you.jpg

very sweet news, awesome, also have been waiting for some FX mod/addon like a lil kid! thx for your work m8

and please do release signed keys!! as burns pointed out, a must for mp!

edit 05:47: just tested (couldnt go to bed without heheehe), really nice, plz just reduce the blood a bit more hehee ;-) see u fixed that in 1.1!

as soon serverkeys are out, first thing on our server, sir.

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

The sparks are awesome! Maybe they could have some 90%/10% randomness though? 10% of the time there are no sparks.

Anyway, playing night mission atm with full blast ACM and its really cool. Thanks a lot for this. :) Effects are always welcomed. They raise the intension and immersion a lot.

WOW! Looking forward to checking this out - can never have too much dust or sparks. I wish ARTY hits would shake the camera like they do in Dragon Rising, but this will help increase the visual drama nicely. Thanks!

Great effects!

Loving this and your tracer mod although I prefer and am using your first version with the white tracers. I know they are colored in RL but that just comes across as too star warsy on the monitorfor me at least. The white has that phospherous effect that I like.

Anyways, really loving all the new effects and between mods like this and the fantastic new betas- we're getting into that golden age righta bout now :yay:

thank-you.jpg

very sweet news, awesome, also have been waiting for some FX mod/addon like a lil kid! thx for your work m8

and please do release signed keys!! as burns pointed out, a must for mp!

edit 05:47: just tested (couldnt go to bed without heheehe), really nice, plz just reduce the blood a bit more hehee ;-) see u fixed that in 1.1!

as soon serverkeys are out, first thing on our server, sir.

a bit to dark and i'm no pro filmer hehehe....just in case some havnt seen a vid!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo60taikChI&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo60taikChI&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

I wish ARTY hits would shake the camera

Will do in ACE2 i think. :) Really missed that as well to top these effects off.

The addon:

Dust is a bit too much as i mentioned before. Shooting a tank with a SAW will produce enormous amounts of smoke or shooting (small arms) just in front of an enemy will throw up so much dust you cant see the enemy behind it so i think lowering it for small arms would be great. ;)

Well, in my humble opinion referring to the posted vid the sparks´colour tone is a bit too neon, should look more white/golden. Also I think they´re too big. Should look more like small dots. Otherwise great stuff ;)

Great stuff! Glad you released this, been drooling over it on YouTube.

Same here my good man. I saw it on there and thought.. "Need ..it!"

Great job Optical, going to have a download and if it looks half as good as it did on youtube then a swift change of trousers is in order tonight, maybe two..

A few things i would like being changed:

It looks silly when sparks flyes all over when hitting a soldier or being hit yourself.

When you hit the ground with a assault rifle bullet dirt fly like it was a mortar shell hitting :p

Any reason for this change?

class Sh_100_HE: Sh_105_HE
{
	timeToLive = 15;
};

Theres no change, i musta of just added it in when i was doing the config for shells and forgot to remove it.

hello opticalsnare

im from holland sorry for my bad english

i use the sound mod (SOW SOUNDS OF WAR)

and i instal youre fx mod

but i got few problems

it dont work

i aint see no sparks etc

and it remove a few sounds of arma ..

like the menu sounds and more..

do you can help me please?

because this is the best mod i have seen for arma 2

it make it more realistic

sorry for my bad english

thnx !

hello opticalsnare

im from holland sorry for my bad english

i use the sound mod (SOW SOUNDS OF WAR)

and i instal youre fx mod

but i got few problems

it dont work

i aint see no sparks etc

and it remove a few sounds of arma ..

like the menu sounds and more..

do you can help me please?

because this is the best mod i have seen for arma 2

it make it more realistic

sorry for my bad english

thnx !

Try having the War FX mod first in your shortcut so it looks similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@WarFx -mod=@SOWmod

In this case you should have a folder named @WarFx inside your arma 2 folder. Inside @WarFx you should have a folder named addons with following files in:

WarFX_Particles_Core.pbo

WarFX_Particles_Weps.pbo

Edited by JW Custom

I noticed the smoke is changed as well. Is there a way to get this addon modular so that smoke and fire is separate from the impacts/trail effects? I really appreciate your efforts, but i prefer JTD/BIS smoke over these ones. Ill explain why. There was another smoke addon long time ago in ArmA that did it similar way with "brush dots/spheres" and i didnt like them that much cause they look so smooth and to me personally a bit unrealistic. Sorry Optical i dont mean to offend you in any way or piss on your work. I really like the other effects you made. Some tweaks to make some dust and sparks a bit smaller and its very very good. :)

Did anyone test this addon with JTD smoke & fire yet? Wondering if it overwrites this addons smoke and fire and in that case i guess there is no need for it to be modular. Havent got around to test it yet myself, but want to use them both for best combination of effects. :)

Will test when i get the chance and report if no one else has before me.