Sign in to follow this  
BronzeEagle

hand to hand combat specialty

okay all my life ive been studying warfare and part of it is hand to hand combat. ive held my ground in alot of streetfights and i want to get my name big so i can start my own school. do you guys have advice for me? I have a background in tae kwon do, kyokushin karate, kickboxing (which holds the most promise, there is no belt system in it or katas, i may be able to pull a school off of this one) and kung fu, but since my family moves around alot i don't have a blackbelt because degrees don't carry over to other schools here. I think kickboxing instructor is my best bet, im wondering how to break my way into something ive been spending my whole life studying. Almost my whole life, since age 9 and im 28. What is that, nineteen years? How can i break into using my hand to hand combat specialty as an instructor?

Edited by BronzeEagle

I would probably stop getting into fights as a first getting injured is deal stopper, and I don't know how they feel about such things in the USA but I would probably keep it on the down low that I had actually fought other people for real.

Don't know much about fighting sports but I guess that you have to show that you are pretty good at what you do and that you can explain it to others so they can understand it.

STGN

okay all my life ive been studying warfare and part of it is hand to hand combat. ive held my ground in alot of streetfights and i want to get my name big so i can start my own school. do you guys have advice for me? I have a background in tae kwon do, kyokushin karate, kickboxing (which holds the most promise, there is no belt system in it or katas, i may be able to pull a school off of this one) and kung fu, but since my family moves around alot i don't have a blackbelt because degrees don't carry over to other schools here. I think kickboxing instructor is my best bet, im wondering how to break my way into something ive been spending my whole life studying. Almost my whole life, since age 9 and im 28. What is that, nineteen years? How can i break into using my hand to hand combat specialty as an instructor?

I suggest you watch the movie "Fight Club", and do what they/he did.

Abs

Definitely stop getting into fights. Other than the injury factor, if you get convicted of assault you'll have next to no chance of getting an instructor license.

Speaking of such... First you've gotta find a dojo that you want to setup in. Public schools are often a good place if you don't want to spend too much money on it, just make sure you mention how it's a community service by teaching people self-defense.

Next you have to get a training license. You'll have to do a short course for that which entails proper instruction, first aid, etc.

After that you have to talk to the local council, register as a business, things like that.

Your best bet for information on it is to talk to your local member of government/local council member.

...people never cease to amaze me. I still can't figure out if this guy is serious.

I applaud the mature responses and I'll stop here before I reduce the kindness level of this thread :)

when something is in your heart and you been training in it all your life you can't just tell that person not to do it, do something else. id love to be a douchebag that sits in a cubicle all day but those jobs won't hire me. at best ive worked as a pizza delivery driver and i don't even have a car for that now. I've got the experience, the talent, and i know what im doing. Its time i become a coach at it, like they do in asia. Did you know in China they don't even use a belt ranking system in some parts? I don't see how someone could say "this guy's dumb" when they don't even know me. I tried asking for advice on the military photos forum and thats pretty much all they told me, get a life, etc. This IS my life is the thing. I can't just get something else. So advancing at this skill is my number one priority. Thanks for your advice guys.

...people never cease to amaze me. I still can't figure out if this guy is serious.

I applaud the mature responses and I'll stop here before I reduce the kindness level of this thread :)

Dead serous CJ

....................:j: I didn't want to because one im not a member of any and two, i fear they'll be haters.

You must first acquire proficiency level 4 in under water knife fighting.

Learn from the Pros:

uxkr4wS7XqY

On a serious note, why ask this in a gaming forum? If you plan to run a buisness, this is hardly the place i would consult for advice. And yepp, i wouldn't mention street fight as a reference - because it isn't.

okay all my life ive been studying warfare and part of it is hand to hand combat. ive held my ground in alot of streetfights and i want to get my name big so i can start my own school. do you guys have advice for me?

Nope, don't really feel like giving advice to someone who likes to brag about his martial art skillzors.

@Op: I would recommend that you join a school that specialize in your styles that you have already mastered and you will probably be moved to student instructor to instructor in short time if you are as skilled as you say. I've been invloved in Martial Arts from striking to primarily grappling for 20 years and have quite a few friends around the states who run their own schools. All of them started as master pupil to student instructor and then after garnering their own loyal fan-base, opened up schools of their own. It's near impossible to just move to an area with no word of mouth accolades, open shop and expect enough signees to show up to pay your overhead.

Also suggest adding some form of grappling to your combat reportoie, as since the evolution of MMA and no-holds barred competitions, just about every school I can think of now includes some form of submission grappling to supplement it's style.

You mean the real pro's.

(Especially the last one: BANG! BANG!)

:D Not bad. But eventually he's just a student compared to the real Mc Coy of martial art:

Z1eFdUSnaQM

You mean the real pro's.

(Especially the last one: BANG! BANG!)

Holy crap! I don't want to run into that guy anywhere. I'm not a fan of the stabbing the guy in the liver thing when you have that much control over him. I hope I don't accidently trip into him either i'll probably get four broken bones before I hit the ground.

when something is in your heart and you been training in it all your life you can't just tell that person not to do it, do something else. id love to be a douchebag that sits in a cubicle all day but those jobs won't hire me. at best ive worked as a pizza delivery driver and i don't even have a car for that now. I've got the experience, the talent, and i know what im doing. Its time i become a coach at it, like they do in asia. Did you know in China they don't even use a belt ranking system in some parts? I don't see how someone could say "this guy's dumb" when they don't even know me. I tried asking for advice on the military photos forum and thats pretty much all they told me, get a life, etc. This IS my life is the thing. I can't just get something else. So advancing at this skill is my number one priority. Thanks for your advice guys.

Dead serous CJ

You sure read alot from my small post there, why get so defensive? I can see why you get in fights, I just hope you never get in a fight you can't handle or someone who ends up resorting to more than hand-to-hand. You seem extremely disillusioned especially coming on here asking for advice than to your local kick boxing / karate club.

And all people who work in cubicles are douchebags? I just don't have anything to say but repeat my last statement and will stop there.

People never cease to amaze me...for you, that goes double.

No more street fights you hear! :bounce3:

when something is in your heart and you been training in it all your life you can't just tell that person not to do it, do something else. id love to be a douchebag that sits in a cubicle all day but those jobs won't hire me.

Dead serous CJ

Ahaha... classic.

Find someone who wants to learn... teach them

Or take some of that philosophy that you supposedly have learnt especially from kung fu and kyokushin and apply it to your life... 28!? playtimes over ay.

BE if you've really advanced as much as you say you have, then you'll have a number of instructors to call on for information. Unless of course you are self taught then the chances are you may have some skill, but not enough knowledge to teach. Also, in my experience, if you have learned to fight to the level required to teach, then the last thing you will do is get into fights in the street, in fact reputable clubs will throw you out on your arse for bringing the club and the discipline into disrepute. Especially schools affiliated with groups like the WTF/ITF.

The main thing is this. If you're as good as you say you are, you wouldn't have to ask on a forum dedicated to a game, (great advanced military simulator that it is).

Sorry but, but this seem to me less Way of the Empty Hand and more Way of the Empty Claim.

To get your instructors liscence you need to;

Firstly, carry bergens across the Himalayas in just Shorts and a Vest.

Then you need to last 5 minutes in the ring with Chuck Norris..

After that, you need to be a stunt man in at least 1 James Bond film.

Finally, you need to find one of the 5 Hand to Hand combat Dojos that are based in various destinations around the world

ive held my ground in alot of streetfights and i want to get my name big

sounds like hooligan cyco ? USA and noone shoot him (Police)

cause it sounds like over agressive cyco

of course sport when it is done as sport activity (not street) is different

i trained judo 5 years till contusion in salto

when man trains as sportsman - okay, but streetfight is beating people on street ? am i right (english is not my native language street + fight = hooligan to be shot by police)

Jesus christ, stop the shit flinging already.

No don't! It's the only good thing in these forums!

Jesus christ, stop the shit flinging already.

Guy posts on internet forum claiming to be 'Pr0 street fightz0r' proficient in 152 forms of combat.

People mock him.

Is that so unexpected? :j:

Closed - this thread has gone from the surreal to the pointless and borderline ragefest.