Sign in to follow this  
Ludovico Technique

Monsters, zombies and so on

The infected are seeming to be working fine now and will be finally checked by the beta testers.

this is what I was waiting to read !!

who are the "Beta Tester" Anyway? have you picked them yet?

Mate, the whole mod is one big beta test. If you read through the thread, Charon stated that this project will never likely be finished, more like updated in incrementally refined stages.

It looks like he's working away on it, and he will be ready to release it when he deems it's good enough for the general public to play on without hassling him for releasing what they perceive to be a buggy mod.

Chances are, he's on the case and in the meantime, you should hang tight.

Edited by Das Attorney
Crimson Permanent Assurance

Mate, the whole mod is one big beta test. If you read through the thread, Charon stated that this project will never likely be finished, more like updated in incrementally refined stages.

It looks like he's working away on it, and he will be ready to release it when he deems it's good enough for the general public to play on without hassling him for releasing what they perceive to be a buggy mod.

Chances are, he's on the case and in the meantime, you should hang tight.

EXACTLY. An attentive reader. :thumbsup:

Long term tests look good now, only minor .rpt errors show up occasionally.

So the infection functionality is working.

People will hazzle anyway, but i don`t care. I said all along that this is an impossible mod and that critical minds are better of playing resident evil if they have a problem with minor bugs.

I just wanted to make sure that there is no bugs left that disturb the overall functionality. So when i don`t get any bug reports from the testers, a release on the weekend is likely, because i won`t have any time in the following weeks to work on it anyway.

who are the "Beta Tester" Anyway? have you picked them yet?

Of course i have picked beta testers, who do you think do i relate to when i talk about beta testers lol?

I do hope somebody does finish one as im having script probs myself...damn zombies...lol

heres my WIP.....I think having slow and fast zombies works well with thick ground fog...plus they can be spawned in and out as needed...

Edited by DMC_RULEZ

Thanks Mike:)

But im sure you saw the probs,

Peds are unchanged, they prefer walking in lines, they cant hurt anything, cant respawn, or have unique animations :(

So with Charon's mod coming soon-ish..I think I'll step aside, before I embarrass myself, as that looks really really good!!!....(drooling) Plus he's fixed alot of problems I see myself not being able to do :(

And I've read on another forum that someone else is also working on a Zombie mod...so with all the interest hopefully they can get one sort of working.

I should of called mine "A failed attempt at a zombie mod" lol

Man this looks good, I think i'm going to splat zombies when i don't feel like playing arma2 seriously. And when i wanna quit i'll launch a scud ;)

DMC, that was an awesome vibe going for your mission!

How do you place trucks on their side (I've been searching for this off and on and can't seem to find it anywhere)?

And how do you get those excellent fire and smoke effects? Edit: (I don't mean the fog, btw - I have figured that one out)

Can you tell me how in the Editor?

Lastly, I'd like to know how to use that creepy music. Sorry for all the questions - and believe me I have searched high and low for the answers already.

Thanks to anyone who knows.

Edit: figured out the music, fire. Trucks on their sides is all I need and I'm good to go. Anybody?

Edited by irongrip

That video was amazing, when these zombie mods come out you seriously need to re-do that video and make more, soooo good!

That was a great video, maybe when Charon's zombie mod comes out you should ask him if you can make a trailer for his mod.

That video was amazing, when these zombie mods come out you seriously need to re-do that video and make more, soooo good!

Totaly agreed!

Heres an idea. I dunno if it has been mentioned.

You know how Arma 2 has the Ambient civilian module, that makes civilians come about in the towns you visit, if you made an Ambient Zombie module so every town you visited would have a certain amount of zombies depending on the size of the town.

That would be truly perfect. Would add some much atmosphere.

You know how Arma 2 has the Ambient civilian module, that makes civilians come about in the towns you visit, if you made an Ambient Zombie module so every town you visited would have a certain amount of zombies depending on the size of the town.

That is what is happening. The only different thing is that it is a dynamically spreading infection. That means It starts in 1 town, a "carrier" will be sent out that will try to infect other towns (once the town has enough infected). It also means that you can actually clear out town from infection and they will respawn Civilians. If another zombie shows up, the Infection will spread again. :yay:

I can see all sorts of things for this. From a new form of Warfare Zombie edition, to an unarmed escape from Chernarus ahead of the tidalwave of infection. The dynamic nature alone will lend itself to many interesting situations.

Thanks guys! .....IronGrip, Raserisk, JB1528, 3inar, ..glad you all liked it :)

@IronGrip

As to the trucks on their sides...I dont even know how to do that...I found that truck and car already like that on a extra island.

"Namalsk" by Sumrak

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7781

But there is a few great islands just begging to be used for a zombie mission.

I also used this great island.

"Six Little Green Bag" by Spirit

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8546

Read through this thread, because this is how this works ;)

Since your going to be gone for a few weeks, or won't be able to work on it. Then by all means, a public release would be excellent this weekend, once you get back the biggest problems will of been identified and lined up to be solved. I won't hold my breath on a release this weekend however (:

Edited by Raserisk

I have a few questions...

Will civilians pick up weapons in ammo crates if they are close (simulare to how they will pick them off dead soldiers)?

I think you said that this will have a public beta release this weekend... is that true?

Can you make another video? I watching the older ones and seeing all their features.

will zombies be hostile to everyone? (ex. resistance fighters will attack them too)?

While in game, is it at all likley that you will be attacked when walking between town? I never want to feel safe :D

Have you tried seeing how the Infection will handle with armed forces present? Will Zombies be able to make it pass a blockade with, lets say, 10 soldiers? Or is that really hard to do for them?

Will soldiers try to move back if zombies get to close? (That would make it a lot more realistic)

Thanks

I have a few questions...

Will civilians pick up weapons in ammo crates if they are close (simulare to how they will pick them off dead soldiers)?

No.

I think you said that this will have a public beta release this weekend... is that true?

It is.

Can you make another video? I watching the older ones and seeing all their features.

No time.

will zombies be hostile to everyone? (ex. resistance fighters will attack them too)?

They are enemies to west and east, they need to have a side, the rating system does not work satisfyingly.So it is disadvised to use any resistance units

While in game, is it at all likley that you will be attacked when walking between town? I never want to feel safe :D

When an undead group spots you while migrating they will attack and then go back to their migration scheme after the kill.

Have you tried seeing how the Infection will handle with armed forces present? Will Zombies be able to make it pass a blockade with, lets say, 10 soldiers? Or is that really hard to do for them?

Watch the vids. depends on slow or fast zeds and skill of the AI soldiers.

Will soldiers try to move back if zombies get to close? (That would make it a lot more realistic)

No, the lag forbids any further AI scripting like that.

If you avoid lag in this mod, it works fine. If your mission is too big and lags, animations won`t play properly

and collision issues occur.

Edited by Charon Productions