Sign in to follow this  
Ludovico Technique

Monsters, zombies and so on

In this mod careful attention was paid to all vehicle scenarios and have been considered to prevent exactly that.

The crew of armored vehicles are safe (tanks etc.)

Attackable/Infectable are:

- chooper door gunners and the pilot (toggleable)

- soft armored vehicle gunners (like Hummer gunners etc.)

- Static weapon gunners (M2 etc.)

My MAN, that sounds AWESOME. :yay:

Can't wait for the release.

EDITED: Irrelevant to the mod.

Game play experience is really unseen testing through the mission now.

Never the same scenario, very exciting.

One last bug that needs fixing is that deep in any mission the town infection status does

not correctly reset anymore , once the town is cleared, hopefully i will be able to track down the exact cause for that.

Edited by Charon Productions

when you release this it is going to be easy of download and install ? or its going to be something like ACE 2 mod ? please make this very easy to download and if it is necesary give us a guide to install all those zombies scripts in the release and the last question is this going to be a big release like 2GB ?

(I do not now how to install a script in my ARMA 2 can someone give me a guide were this is explain ?). :)

sorry for my bad English

Edited by zombo

when you release this it is going to be easy of download and install ? or its going to be something like ACE 2 mod ? please make this very easy to download and if it is necesary give us a guide to install all those zombies scripts in the release and the last question is this going to be a big release like 2GB ?

(I do not now how to install a script in my ARMA 2 can someone give me a guide were this is explain ?). :)

sorry for my bad English

Who cares if it will be 15 mb or 15 gb ? It's epicness of the epic epicness, you will HAVE to download it.

My baby will be named Charon, if you don't mind ofcourse ;) . (JK ofcourse).

Can't wait till release...

But, could you tell us, if you will EVER work on MP mode for it ? I don't mean that you should release working MP after 2 months after working SP, but just somewhere in future, will you do it ? (talking about 6 "co-op" multiplayer with maybe limited amount of zombies, not 32 full server with 5k zombies around).

P.S.

You just gave me another reason to learn scripting in order to create custom missions ! ... dang you :)

Edited by avager

Well i do hope that all scripts you been writing work for the Zombie Dogs

Sure they do, otherwise the dogs would have just been standing around on the spot, because the game as it is does not support the dog to move.

(I do not now how to install a script in my ARMA 2 can someone give me a guide were this is explain ?).

It`s a download, i should write a set-up though just to make sure everyone reads the instructions and is aware of the issues, because there will be many who don`t understand the impossibility of the mod and will complain about minor issues like "I saw a zed being stuck in a fence" (what can happen with vanilla arma as well btw) etc.

It is approx 400 MB size due to the countless textures.

Hmm, you don`t have to install "scripts". The scripts are being executed once you place the module on the map, just like shown in the last video.

Just familiarize yourself on how to install an addon. It can be as easy as "Dump the content of the mod into your Arma2 addons folder--> that`s it"

Or use the -mod method.

But, could you tell us, if you will EVER work on MP mode for it ? I don't mean that you should release working MP after 2 months after working SP, but just somewhere in future, will you do it ? (talking about 6 "co-op" multiplayer with maybe limited amount of zombies, not 32 full server with 5k zombies around).

Who knows, my time is limited. I have to work on other projects. So i would say it`s unlikely. Until i have a proper MP testing environment i don`t consider it at all. I even doubt that it will work in MP the way it does in SP. To achieve the looks and functionality of it, the most bizarre things had to be invented (which don`t reveal themselves to the player) that go on unnoticed in the background, which are very prone to be buggy or not working in MP where glitching is a big issue.

Many things only happen when the player is near, like the virtual town infection.

So everything that happens in SP related to the player, has to be translated to playerS in MP.

6 people Co-op necessitates the same

scipt modifications than 32 people full-server,because it is still MP.

5k Zombies? Ah you talk about Arma4 ? ;) (Which Bi o.c. will never make)

Who knows, my time is limited. I have to work on other projects. So i would say it`s unlikely. Until i have a proper MP testing environment i don`t consider it at all. I even doubt that it will work in MP the way it does in SP. To achieve the looks and functionality of it, the most bizarre things had to be invented (which don`t reveal themselves to the player) that go on unnoticed in the background, which are very prone to be buggy or not working in MP where glitching is a big issue.

Many things only happen when the player is near, like the virtual town infection.

So everything that happens in SP related to the player, has to be translated to playerS in MP.

I've been watching this thread for some months with deep anticipation since about october! I can't wait for the release.

Having made some rather minor missions for racing in Arma 2, I feel your pain. I had created everything for SP and tested in SP and when I took it to MP by simply adding more players it didn't come close to working as expected, and it broke many features...

Charon, you are the Picasso of zombie games!

First i would like to express gratitude for the great work that you have been doing with this mod.

I would like to know if there will be any way for the zombies just to walk instead of run?

Best regards

First i would like to express gratitude for the great work that you have been doing with this mod.

I would like to know if there will be any way for the zombies just to walk instead of run?

Best regards

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1481563&postcount=171

I have checked the virtual town infection again with a radio trigger that kills all zeds in the area and the map marker disappears and all tested towns are marked clear.

Without doing that, i noticed that sometimes it is near impossible to find the last zed, so impossible that i assumed it was an error in the script that determines the town cleared.

So i will probably add a function that can be hooked to a radio trigger that the player can "by radio" declare a town clear and the function will delete the last one or two zeds, to prevent cheating it will only work if there is less than 3 zeds in the town. Or maybe they will be warped maximally away from the player,so he does not see them popping up from nowhere and reset them, so they can attack again, not sure what to do.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1481563&postcount=171

I have checked the virtual town infection again with a radio trigger that kills all zeds in the area and the map marker disappears and all tested towns are marked clear.

Without doing that, i noticed that sometimes it is near impossible to find the last zed, so impossible that i assumed it was an error in the script that determines the town cleared.

So i will probably add a function that can be hooked to a radio trigger that the player can "by radio" declare a town clear and the function will delete the last one or two zeds, to prevent cheating it will only work if there is less than 3 zeds in the town. Or maybe they will be warped maximally away from the player,so he does not see them popping up from nowhere and reset them, so they can attack again, not sure what to do.

Wow, great to know about this :yay:

Kudos for you :cool:

Best regards

It`s a download, i should write a set-up though just to make sure everyone reads the instructions and is aware of the issues, because there will be many who don`t understand the impossibility of the mod and will complain about minor issues like "I saw a zed being stuck in a fence" (what can happen with vanilla arma as well btw) etc.

It is approx 400 MB size due to the countless textures.

Hmm, you don`t have to install "scripts". The scripts are being executed once you place the module on the map, just like shown in the last video.

Just familiarize yourself on how to install an addon. It can be as easy as "Dump the content of the mod into your Arma2 addons folder--> that`s it"

Or use the -mod method.

so in the release there will not be SQF files only PBOs files

How about if there are less than 7 or so zeds they begin to retreat out of the city at full speed? Then, once they've left, the town is considered "cleared," but the player has to watch out for them reinfecting the town again. Makes it easy to not have to hunt down the last zeds and adds another degree of difficulty.

I think that's a better idea. Instead of removing the zeds just make it so it can be declared as clear even if there are a couple remaining. That way they can reinfect the town if you're not careful ;)

How about if there are less than 7 or so zeds they begin to retreat out of the city at full speed? Then, once they've left, the town is considered "cleared," but the player has to watch out for them reinfecting the town again. Makes it easy to not have to hunt down the last zeds and adds another degree of difficulty.

Well, what do you think a real ZED would do? They wouldnt have the perception to tell when a battle is against their favour, and they wouldnt run away from food.

I would personally choose to do it like this:

IF (time since last killed ZED ≥ 1 minute) AND (number of zeds ≤ 3)

THEN (move ZEDs to nearest infected town)

Possibly adding a check to see if the ZED is in view of the player on either end of the teleportation, so you dont get them popping up out of nowhere

Well, what do you think a real ZED would do? They wouldnt have the perception to tell when a battle is against their favour, and they wouldnt run away from food.

I would personally choose to do it like this:

IF (time since last killed ZED ≥ 1 minute) AND (number of zeds ≤ 3)

THEN (move ZEDs to nearest infected town)

Possibly adding a check to see if the ZED is in view of the player on either end of the teleportation, so you dont get them popping up out of nowhere

I like more this idea:)

It would be a good idea, the only thing is that zombies have no real self awareness. They hardly notice if you shoot them in 1/2 with a shotgun, let alone who's winning the "battle".

It is true that zeds probably would not exhibit any strategy in their moves.

Debugging the scripts, there is only one special case left, where a zed group would fall through the massive conditions-grid set-up to consider all cases where it would be unitready but still have a destination

Since this always only happens deep into a mission, it will take some time to identify the factor for this.

Managed to optimize some scripts for shorter run-time. Unnecessary double function calls etc.

Interesting to observe that civilians who are flagged "fleeing" by the engine will run up to the nearest army guys and stay there and be unflagged "fleeing", without having to script that.(As long as you set the army guys to be friends with the civilian side)

Can´t be disabled though hehe, except to disallow fleeing at all.

Will there be a command to start a civilian with being infected (not a zed but not clean).

Will there be a command to start a civilian with being infected (not a zed but not clean).

You can use:

NameOfCivilian setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_IS_HUMAN",true,true];

( to override the module assigning the civilian uninfected variable value upon initialization)

NameOfCivilian setVariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_INFECTED",true,true];

NameOfCivilian setVariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_BITTENTIME",time,true];

NameOfCivilian setVariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_INFTYPE","INFECTED",true];

Interesting to observe that civilians who are flagged "fleeing" by the engine will run up to the nearest army guys and stay there and be unflagged "fleeing", without having to script that.(As long as you set the army guys to be friends with the civilian side)

Can´t be disabled though hehe, except to disallow fleeing at all.

how do you set the civilians to Allie with the Army guys? and get them to attack the Resistance (Zeds)

Edited by That guy Over there

how do you set the civilians to Allie with the Army guys? and get them to attack the Resistance (Zeds)

civilian setFriend [west , 1];

civilian setFriend [resistance , 0];

Perhaps they could "frenzy" and run straight for the nearest identifiable human? That would wrap up wandering zeds nicely without them running away from food...

That or have the town "clear" with a few remaining zombies still on patrol, that could reinfect the town. This option would really have me on my toes.