Sign in to follow this  
fabrizio_t

FlexiAI (WIP) discussion

AI Still needs alot of finetuning and crafting, I would ask BIS to just remake the AI for arma 2 but thats an insane request, anyways AI needs to have better pathfinding, not use AT weapons against infantry, use AT weapons at enemy vehicles and if they dont got anything to destory a tank/etc to grab cover or retreat.

AI needs to learn how to use smoke grenades still, and use static weapons, buildings and vehicles to there advantage when unoccupied (without scripting it yourself or making waypoints/triggers in editor)

tweaks to ROE, use of concealment and cover, less RAMBO like, less accurate at long distances, Morale that actually affects them inside/outside combat.

Driving and piloting abilities...

Look I can go on forever, I think your work here is stellar Fabrizio, theres still room for improvement and although BIS is improving it also with patches they sure wont cover everything that needs improvement.

Hope to see your work in the future, AI and Coop is all I do on Arma 2 no PVP for me. :)

I'd like to know this too. This is by far one of my most anticipated mods, along with Liberation 1941-1945.

Sorry for lack of updates.

On January 14th my first daughter was finally born.

That is the primary reason for my "absence", i hope you understand :)

ArmA2 wise, i am not satisfied with current 1.05 AI implementation, so FlexiAI development is freezed, but still mod is not dead in my plans.

Let's see what will be fixed in 1.06.

Hoping to see Your mod one day :)

+1

Hopefully BI fix up some of the nasty AI issues, as I was really looking forward to this mod :)

The best AI mod around so far as I can tell is this one.

Some small video updates:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFabrizioT

Working to get AI behaviour consistent: using cover, in CQB, in the open.

So far i've played countless automated battles against vanilla AI:in typical a clash with identical skills and squads composition FlexAI units are scoring in average a 82% success rate when cover is involved (e.g. forests). In CQB success rate is 71%. In the open (no cover) 63%.

Better than vanilla performance is due to tweaked skills, improved targeting behaviour, better stance and movement handling , incoming fire detection and aggressive grenade lobbing.

Dont' ask me for an ETA please, family first.

Edited by fabrizioT

Nice to hear that your still working on it.

This is one of my most expected addons... Vanilla AI just drives me crazy xD

Keep up! :)

Great to see this work being continued.

Don't like doing this but I love the possibilities of this mod: any chance there are some SLX features to be included?

So great to see this thread bumped, and to find it wasn't just a "what's happened to this?" post :)

Great video again, time taken family wise I totally understand, just keep leaking those vid captures and we will all be happy to wait :)

As always, very impressive and cant wait to see this land properly. With all the beta enhancements theres plenty to test with I would imagine.

Was that video to showcase friendly AI? Cause I couldnt see much of the enemy -lol!

Yep, glad your still on this and never forgot about it to be honest -good luck!

Most wanted for me also fab!!

I've waited this long, I'll wait as long as it takes!

When I first saw them early videos of the squad breaking contact and moving around the enemy to get to a objective I was in love.

Good luck and I pray you are able to get the time required to keep progress coming.

So will this replace ZeusAI or be designed to compliment it? I don't mind either way as long as we get AI that are 'intelligent'!