Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Indeed some weapon sounds could be louder but it's a beta it needs tweaking, great mod anyways.

I would love see(hear) the the sounds of the M4, M16, M249 and maybe other weapons(haven't testet yet) being more loud and sharp.

At one point i was under heavy fire from like 300m distance and when i returned fire i could not hear my own gun sounds because of the supersonic cracks from the enemy fire. So in my opinion the supersonic cracks seems a bit too high, not much but a little and the gun sounds seems way too low and flat.

Gun sounds on distance sounds AWESOME :cool:

All in all i love this mod, keep up the brilliant work ;)

I would love see(hear) the the sounds of the M4, M16, M249 and maybe other weapons(haven't testet yet) being more loud and sharp.

At one point i was under heavy fire from like 300m distance and when i returned fire i could not hear my own gun sounds because of the supersonic cracks from the enemy fire. So in my opinion the supersonic cracks seems a bit too high, not much but a little and the gun sounds seems way too low and flat.

Gun sounds on distance sounds AWESOME :cool:

All in all i love this mod, keep up the brilliant work ;)

I agree with everything.

M16 and M4 seem a bit muffled. I love the M249 sound though.

If you added a little more power to the M16 and M4 that'd be totally awesome.

And I did notice the bullet cracks are a bit loud and repetitive.

Are you going to release a standalone CSM version too? Did start Arma2+CSM2 with "//" in .hpp but get this error ErrorMessage: File CSM2_c_Weapons\weapons.h, line 145: /cfgWeapons/m16a4.Single: Member already defined.

Please add it to Six-Updater!

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000

definetely, it would be perfect, because searching for updated versions here on forums is very chaotic.

Yes, the six-updater would be best for this

Or Yoma's AddonSync;)

Wait, this is a beta? ;)

Great job team! I agree:

-Louder kick up close.

-I think the bullet snap echo, when close, needs to be less audible. Right now the same volume of the source and echo make it seem equal in distance to the recording, not as subjective as a distant sounding -more quiet- echo. IMHO of course.

Aside from those minor smudges, it's primo good! I never knew how much I relied on sound for SA. The other day I was on the Zeus server for a few minutes, and had no idea where the enemy and friendlies were in the firefight going on around me. The sounds are that radically changed. Nice!

Hello.

I cant download the updated Beta, is there any mirrors?

Thanks

_neo_

Here's a mirror with the updated beta + config file:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a1617c5/n/CSM2_updated_beta.zip

Alex, this one...Or is it not?

And it seems to be 70MB.

And when i try to download it is says

Sorry, there are currently no free download slots available on this server.

Please try again later, or you can upgrade to FileFactory Premium below for instant access.

_neo_

Edited by neokika

But thats the post i DL from some days ago. Is it updated?

Yes it should :)

Yes it should :)

Just a suggestion,

Is it possible to mirror the mod in Addons sinc 2009 or/and six updater?

_neo_

Ok, atm I have the first release of CSM2. There is an update? I went to http://www.filefactory.com/file/a1617c5/n/CSM2_updated_beta.zip and cant figure out how to DL it. Then I see people refering to the original release post... but that file says it is 60.5 MB and the other says it is 70 MB. I am currently downloading the one from http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1532299&postcount=244 is this the new one?

The reason of the filesize difference is because i repacked the files with WinZip instead of 7zip. I repacked and uploaded the files because Protegimus forgot to add the config file in the bugfixed version but thats fixed in his download link now.

I think the only difference was fixing a few bugs causing error messages with sertain settings, no real improvement or anything.

Meatball0311: M134 is tested with AH-6 and UH-1Y and now works properly in all fire modes.

Improved sound from Chammy that conveys some of the 'chainsaw' character when firing is implemented.

Also, I've amended the readme again to better explain the options for using with or without ACEX_SM.

Basically, if you use ACE2 but not ACEX_SM (i.e. CSM2 in standalone mode, or together with another 3rd party sound mod), you should comment out the ACE entry in the client config file.

M16's, M4's, derivatives and M240 receive a +2.5dB uplift. They are now better balanced with AK's - thanks for the reference 11_HARLEY_11. Increase to burst mode will follow depending on feedback.

If they are still not loud enough for you or sound 'tinny', you should check your sound card settings and try disabling any software rendered effects such as pseudo surround, dynamic range levelling or similar and ensure your speaker settings match what you are actually using (headphones/5.1, etc.).

Other than that increase your volume level or try it on better kit as they are making my ears bleed.

Are you going to release a standalone CSM version too? Did start Arma2+CSM2 with "//" in .hpp but get this error ErrorMessage: File CSM2_c_Weapons\weapons.h, line 145: /cfgWeapons/m16a4.Single: Member already defined.

Hey NoRailgunner, that problem was fixed the same day it was reported. Please download from the same link and you should be good to go.

@All - re. Six rSync Updater I've put the request in to Sickboy, I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks for all the feedback & videos.

Edited by Protegimus

Basically, if you use ACE2 but not ACEX_SM (i.e. CSM2 in standalone mode, or together with another 3rd party sound mod), you should comment out the ACE entry in the client config file.

So do I remove ACEX_SM? and comment out the CSM2 userconfig?