Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

What are vehicles (Tracked, Wheeled, etc) under in the .pbos? And also, does the aircraft.pbo include both rotor and fixed wing?

Does anyone know if this works with the latest patch? I'm afraid of updating my game if this soundmod stops working.

Dont know if it works with the new patch or not, still seeing what people are saying about the 1.56 and how it goes. But im still getting the sound jumping back and forth with CSM2OA and the vanilla sounds with the 1.54. CSM2BAF sounds do the same thing.

I'm taking a chance and trying it with 1.56, I'll be back with the results.

Edit: Seems like it's working, not sure if it will jump back to vanilla sounds now and then though. But atleast it's not worse from what I can tell.

The echo and crack-sounds from the new AA-12 are very bugged though.

Edited by McNools

Cool, thanks for the feed back ill give it an try. Hope to see an update for the CSM2OA down the line.

Chammy's is my favorite sound mod but I haven't been using it in a long time. :eek: I just hate the reverb sound (near the end) of the M4 soo much that I stopped using it a long time ago. I mainly use the M4/M203 when I play. I really hope they fix that one sound so I can get back to using the mod. Yes... I know I'm nitpicking but been like that for along time now. :p

A status report from Pro or Chammy would be much appreciated, even if you don't work on the mod I'd like to know.

Hello everyone. I apologize for being absent for so long. Thanks to work. I am planning, (hopefully) getting a new version done by XMas. I 'm going to need someone who can help me with a few things. Pro and Mark have not been on MSN lately so I am hoping maybe someone else here might be able to give me a hand. Please instant message me if you can. thanks

Hello everyone. I apologize for being absent for so long. Thanks to work. I am planning, (hopefully) getting a new version done by XMas. I 'm going to need someone who can help me with a few things. Pro and Mark have not been on MSN lately so I am hoping maybe someone else here might be able to give me a hand. Please instant message me if you can. thanks

With what?

Oh, ooops, a few configuration issues. I just woke up so I am kinda foggy

I am going to need some help with the explosion sounds and I can not get the sound of the Saiga to play, it keeps playing the M24 sound from vanilla. I am tryng to correct the sound for the Shilka/AZU cause it sounds awefull the way the config plays it. um.....

Have you found anyone to help you? I really wish I could, but I'm lousy at configs.

I am going to need some help with the explosion sounds and I can not get the sound of the Saiga to play, it keeps playing the M24 sound from vanilla. I am tryng to correct the sound for the Shilka/AZU cause it sounds awefull the way the config plays it. um.....

About the explosions.

I know a guy who has a library of war sounds.

Maybe he can help you..just send him a PM or so.

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=72272

I have a huge sound libary of war sounds and I'd be honoured to share and help you develop some truly great explosion sounds!

Hi is HiFi sound mods compatible with CSM2? Also, I'm getting confuse with all this naming of files for this game. For example, a file from modder TangoRomeo`s Wheeled Vehicles Sound vs. CSM2:

trsm_wheeled_vehicles.pbo

CSM2_c_Vehicles.pbo

CSM2_s_Vehicles.pbo

CSM2 states that this two files modifies Wheeled Vehicles: Sounds for wheeled vehicles.

If CSM2 alters the same files as TangoRomeo`s Wheeled Vehicles why do they have different names(not counting the author name, of course)

Wooah! a new update of CSM2?

I have a noob question, I use CSM2 with ACEX_SM, and I notice sometimes the same weapon makes diferent sounds, do I have to deactivate ACEX_SM?

Wooah! a new update of CSM2?

I have a noob question, I use CSM2 with ACEX_SM, and I notice sometimes the same weapon makes diferent sounds, do I have to deactivate ACEX_SM?

I'm a noob (I joined in 2 days ago) I have CSM2 and in the readme it says that CSM2 by default overrides ACEX_SM. If you are hearing both sounds then maybe the script somehow is not initializing.

I come from another forum(Elder Scrolls) and modding those games is a bit more simpler and a bit more logical. There's even a utility that sorts out your mods according to rules of compatibility with the help of a "master list" updated by users. I wish ARMA had that kind of utility because this game is so great and I believe I've found my niche with this game:)

So uuh I do not have ACE2. Could somebody walk me through the installation of this mod? It seems different than the standard @modfolders approach.

Hey guys, can this mod also work with operation arrowhead? I love these sounds but dont have arma II yet

Hey Protigemist, are you there? :)

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

So Chammy did you find anyone to help you out?

SO far yes, one chap, I have to get back to him since we haven't been able to find teh Wiki link for the whole config explanation just yet

does this include ARMA 2, and ARMA 2 OA. or is it just OA?

becuase i have combined operations and i want sounds for all weapons not just OA weapons

I also would like to know this.

I have CO, do I need both @CSM2 and @CSM2OA?