Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

I figured it out. You need CSM2OA - which doesn't appear on Armaholic. I found a link anyway. I have no idea why one would be up and not the other.

http://zeus-community.net/important/

Enjoy.

So your just running CSM2OA and thats it, cos i still dont get those explosions. :confused:

for some reason when i use CSM2 or CSM2OA, the AKM, RPK, PKM, and M14 CCO have all the default BIS sounds but everything else sounds great. its just those so if someone could help out here that would be great

Man, this mod was announced in 2009... will it be finished??? I think ArmA 3 would be released by the time we could use this mod!

:( maybe release a beta !

I decided to try CSM2 back today and wow..I must say the overall quality makes it the best sound mod available, in my opinion. I am going to go with either Vanilla sounds or CSM.

I think I found one single bug for the M4, which should not sound so different from single to auto. I found out where the bug is but I don't think I am allowed to fix it myself (and release it, I mean).

Chammy, if I give you the fixed code, will you release a quick fix? Otherwise I am just going to keep it for myself.

This is the bug I found: The M4A1 should not sound so different from single to burst.

EI6ZW7TI1rA

Chammy and Protegimus are some badass guys..I mean: they haven't released anything new but their mod still stands as the most atmospheric and "best-blending" with the ArmA-tmosphere to date. There are other AMAZING sound mods, but they just don't cut it as this one. If I am going to pick a sound mod, this is it. Otherwise I am going to keep Vanilla sounds, which are somewhat dull (sometimes) but they have some beauty in them.

It's all the maggggik.

Yeah I liked CSM2 sounds the most, sounded most "real" to me, too bad it's no longer being developed :(

Yeah I liked CSM2 sounds the most, sounded most "real" to me, too bad it's no longer being developed :(

True, I might give it a shot at cleaning the configs and such but I am not going make one step further to release anything unless Chammy himself does it, upon receiving my updates.

UPDATE:

An example of my point of view on how the M16 and M4 should sound in ArmA 2.. This is a shameless plug to humbly ask BIS to please hire me, I am willing to break my back and do what I can do best, pay for my own food and bed..and coffee.. :)

yukF6cu0va4

Edited by Reezo

Reezo: maybe with Chammys permission, you can try to "improve" his sound mod, or better said change what you dont like or whats missing...I mean, I would love to see some new/updated sound mod. :)

This hasn't been abandoned, something is in the works. Don't worry.

Don't want to sound agressive but.. who are you?

Sorry if I missed out who you are and what your relation is to this project but I'm following this half and half

I'm experiencing a bit of an anomaly myself with this excellent mod, specifically regarding the replacement (or lack thereof in this case), of the AKM/47 sounds.

Basically, the mod doesn't seem to for some reason, I know the sounds are there, and I've checked the wep_rifle.h and I don't see the problem.

For some reason the sounds aren't playing, and I'm stuck with the very... so-so sounds that are supplied with the game itself.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I thought it might be a conflict of some sort, however I've run the sound mod itself with nothing else and it seems that has no effect.

Well, the configs are wicked old, so maybe something changed with 1.60

Well, the configs are wicked old, so maybe something changed with 1.60

well is there an update coming?

Leopardi

Asking for updates is considered spam. If Chammy has any news, I'm sure he'll post it.

+1 infraction for spamming.

Gerwazy

If you see someone breaking the forum rules, please just report them. Spamming in response to spam is not productive.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

§17) Report rule violations

If you see a violation of these rules on the forum, do not reply in the thread but send a PM to a moderator or use the "Report Post" report.gif button instead. Replying in the thread will be considered as spam. Reporting posts contributes to a well structured, well disciplined forum which benefits everyone.

I have a question regarding CSM2's usage of header files instead of .cpp files.

Is there any specific reason for it?

Are there performance issues with using them? (will the game run slower referencing header files)?

I've noticed that because of the usage of ".h" files instead of cpp/bin files, that certain legacy sounds (AKM anyone?) cannot be overwritten.

I'm just curious as to why Chammy decided to make his mod that way.

I know he's absent at the moment, so if anyone knows...

Hey all. I am back after a lengthy hiatus. Lots of family stuff and all. It seems like it never ends. Plus, I had to reinstall my OS and perhaps i will be buying a new processor. I just need to know which is the best but affordable. My Intel Quad Core isnt cutting it for ArmA 2 like I'd like it to. And I want to get ready for ArmA3. But I need some help getting motivated to finish these sound mods I promised to finish a long time ago. I was gettign some help last year but but I seem to have lost contact with him. I want t oat least finish what I have for Arma 2 and also hopefully it can be added to ArmA 3 by whomever can implement that when it comes out. in the meantime I might need a coach or something. With all that is going on in my life i seem to get slumped real easy when it comes to finishing personal tasks or projects. Plus, I want to get this done before I get shipped out to the CBP Academy...if I make it past my background investigation so wish me luck.

Hang in there Chammy, I really hope you get some help with finishing the mod, I wish I knew more about configs and I would gladly help, I still use it and love it. :)

My PKM sound is changing randomly between CSM2 version and normal BI version... any way to make it stick with CSM2 sound?

by any chance, do u have it updated to , or ArmA2 up to date? If so , then that's why. I have the same thing going on that's why I want to make CSM to modular, hence, why I need more help with config. Well, at this point I am trying to finish it, working on the modular version. ugh, it's just so hard to find the time at this point. some real undivided attention time. I pick it up at least when i can but right now what I really need is someone who is good wit the sound configurations. I had 2 other guys helping but they dissapeared on me. One guy, Hellfire , is busy with school. The other I don't know. Does anyone know of another? here is what I have so far

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Man this is amazing, downloading on six-updater right now :)

Edited by RattSplat