Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

It would be interesting to see where they failed. Was the product the way they planned? If yes, why? If not, why not?

I think a fair guess would be the ridiculous amount of teams assigned to the project. It's not simple to work with someone's ideas and code.

I think it failed sometime after the marketing department got their hands on it...

Earlier than that perhaps. Like, when CM decided they could do a better job, from scratch, with a bolted together development team. To be fair, the marketing team did their job :) (which is to perform evil).

Luhgnut;1571837'].... Not the games fault.

+1

There is NOWAY a GAME will burn your PSU to vidcard connector....END of STORY. Absolutely BS BS BS. Stop the fud.

And good riddance to DR... AND to all the "tools" who seem to compare it to OGR.... like WTF? dont dis OGR...

Oh God, I remember that. Those were some good times. :D

Funny thing is that a lot of those people slagged off ArmA and thought ArmA II looked shit at the time. Gotta love the community that the game had. :rolleyes:

I feel that it could become as big as the Original Americas Army from 2.5 till 2.8
So for me OFP DR is the best game there is (and logically ever was).

I do not care about marketing, which isn't targeted at me anyways, I do care about the art & passion!

The developers did the right things where they should, it isn't about what isn't, but about what is!

I fear for the future of gaming if these people are allowed in the wild.

This just in....

Running 3DMark for 5 hours.... GPU at 130%

Fans forced to only operate at 35% - and uh....

nothing's smoking.

Back to your regularly scheduled pile.

Meh...I had many hours of joy masturbating when I was a teenager...doesn't make me want to post a thanks to Mrs Palm though. Nice...

Out in the wild?...I think they run CM now. You gotta to love the bit at the bottom. "I'm a threadstarter..a twisted threadstarter! Yeeeeaaaahhhhh"!

====================================

Luhgnut;1571977']This just in....

nothing's smoking.

Only you my mate...only you. :D

Meh...I had many hours of joy masturbating when I was a teenager...doesn't make me want to post a thanks to Mrs Palm though. Nice...

Out in the wild?...I think they run CM now. You gotta to love the bit at the bottom. "I'm a threadstarter..a twisted threadstarter! Yeeeeaaaahhhhh"!

====================================

Only you my mate...only you. :D

I consider it "research". Oh look, my GPU temp went to up a point. Wonder what happens if I stick my tongue on it?

Luhgnut;1571989'] Wonder what happens if I stick my tongue on it?

Can you make a video of that?

+1

There is NOWAY a GAME will burn your PSU to vidcard connector....END of STORY. Absolutely BS BS BS. Stop the fud.

And good riddance to DR... AND to all the "tools" who seem to compare it to OGR.... like WTF? dont dis OGR...

well a codemasters game fried my psu. was playing toca race driver 3 and the fucker fried my power supply

well a codemasters game fried my psu. was playing toca race driver 3 and the fucker fried my power supply
no you had the game on when your PSU shorted.... NOWAY a game/sw will burn down your PSU. Weak shit is weak shit and will fail at sometime. The wire BS is just that a BS wire, that was most likely nicked at production, and threw user usage, unplugging ect, weakened it to the point of failure. To use a car analogy, i drove my car down the hwy, it overheated, and then i blame the HWY....

Or the DR looser fan analogy; i bought DR it sucked, I blame Arma2.

As we sharing anecdotes about CM's games pissing around with our systems...here goes.

Grid. Only on the menu screen, it worked my GPU like a mofo. The whole system temp was getting way too hot, and yes, there was a funny smell. I stopped playing Grid. the card I had in at the time was a x1900xtx. But, and here was the problem, I was running it off a bog standard generic 450W PSU. I upgraded the PSU to a Thermatake 600W jobby. No more problem. 12v rail on the old PSU just wasn't coping well. (please don't tell me it was something else - in my world it was the 12v rail, and I'm happy here :) ) This only happened on tht one game.

In short, one thing I think we all agree on. CM suck.

But this is more off topic than Mr McOfftopicy's whole family.

It doesn't really matter if the last patch for druggin woozing is a killer. You can put lipstick on a turd, but it will still be pig shit. (Or something like that). And this is why the smart kiddies play Arma. Right kids? Right. nice...

Edited by Bascule42
...*hic*!

Well as said by the smart people on here, CM has a track record of only releasing a patch or 2 for ALL of their FRICKEN games, then they completely ditch it.... FACT!

CM isnt even go to release DR2 on PC they know they will not sell a single copy.

Oh man I can't wait to see what they got instore with their "new ip on teh award Loosing LAGO engine.

You can take my words as solid fact, I will never purchase a Codemasters product again.

Reading the console section of CM forums makes me puke, people are still looking forward to more DR titles, more money for fraudulent company like CM, as Walker says, CM's philosophy is that you can trick a certain market all the time (something like that).

Nice... move CM, just destoryed an entire market of gamers and soild the OFP name.

Edited by Flash Thunder

Luhgnut;1571977']This just in....

nothing's smoking.

Back to your regularly scheduled pile.

try putting a cheap chinese 2xmolex to pci-e connector in there and do it again. you know the ones with 4 thin steel wires twisted together inside the shielding. and see what happens.

but of course, according to you, those connectors are only for the fans. friggin hilarious

p.s. I love how the first thing you posted after this thread was opened was about the wire image. how it must have rubbed you to not be able to reply when the thread closed........ sad

no you had the game on when your PSU shorted.... NOWAY a game/sw will burn down your PSU. Weak shit is weak shit and will fail at sometime. The wire BS is just that a BS wire, that was most likely nicked at production, and threw user usage, unplugging ect, weakened it to the point of failure. To use a car analogy, i drove my car down the hwy, it overheated, and then i blame the HWY....

Or the DR looser fan analogy; i bought DR it sucked, I blame Arma2.

no matter what really happened i blame codemasters

try putting a cheap chinese 2xmolex to pci-e connector in there and do it again. you know the ones with 4 thin steel wires twisted together inside the shielding. and see what happens.
why would he be so stupid as to do that?
but of course, according to you, those connectors are only for the fans. friggin hilarious
well they ARE just for fans and have been tooled (like you and CM) to do a job they cant do well,or with out getting burned.. HA HA.
p.s. I love how the first thing you posted after this thread was opened was about the wire image. how it must have rubbed you to not be able to reply when the thread closed........ sad
Sad... sad? we all have our own version of sad... dont we.

You know what I think about the cable thing? I think its time to call a home made mythbuster for help:D

why would he be so stupid as to do that?

some graphics cards come with cheap chines 2xmolex to pci-e connectors, which is what mine came with, which is why it burnt, so if luhgnut wants to prove me wrong, he has to use the same setup first. otherwise thats just stupid.

well they ARE just for fans and have been tooled (like you and CM) to do a job they cant do well,or with out getting burned.. HA HA.

you should do your homework before sounding silly.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html

they were created to give pci-e graphics card an addition 12 volt input. not to power the fan. your fan will run even if you dont plug that connector in, although you probably wouldnt get into vista/7 thanks to its GPU usage, as suprise suprise, your graphics card NEEDS that extra power

but the game did not fry the component.

You fried your system with cheap parts. Then Blame DR? Are you serious?

BTW genius..... I"m still running my GPU, at 130% power, fans are at 35% power. It's been running harder than anything DR can put out. It's been at it 8 hours and not a burp. You said at 100% after a couple hours, DR fried your GPU.

What GPU card you running? If you say 8800 Nvidia then yes, your power leads are ONLY powering your fans. If you're in 9000 class, then the thermal protection, would stop it.

Quit buying cheap garbage and then blaming a game for pushing the GPU to it's rated capacity for a couple hours.

-------------------------------------

Look this is PCIe 2.0

A single x16 card may now draw up to 300 W of power (75 W from the slot itself, 150 W from an 8-pin PEG connector, 75 W from a second PEG connector), up from 225 W (75 W from the slot, 75 W each from 2 6-pin PEG connectors) or originally 150 W (75 W from the slot, 75 W from a 6-pin PEG connector).

The links are also now smarter. They can negotiate a new link width (number of lanes) or speed (whether to use the clock speed of PCIe 1.x or 2.0) on the fly. Power requirements are renegotiated on the fly. The operating system is informed of such changes.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If the card requires more power it informs the operating system of such changes and it's controlled ultimately by the operating system.

DR cannot increase the power load on the board without the approval of the OS. The OS will not push the power to those leads enough to smoke them.

First you blame DR for your smoked leads, then you blame cheap garbage components for burning your leads up. Now you can blame Microsoft. Since the power increase has to be approved by Microsoft. How about Nvidia and ATI while your at it.

If you put the cheap parts in that you claim are smoked.... listen up.

IT'S YOUR FAULT. Not Codemasters. YOU.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

uh no. it wasn't. I posted a tombstone. .... sad.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

some graphics cards come with cheap chines 2xmolex to pci-e connectors, which is what mine came with, which is why it burnt, so if luhgnut wants to prove me wrong, he has to use the same setup first. otherwise thats just stupid

Ok here it is:.....

You bought a cheap graphics card. You played a game that pushed your graphics card to where it broke. And you blame Codemasters. Did you inform your loyal fans over there that's what you did? No, not initially. Not sure if you had since though. But you started a hissy fit, because DRAGON RISING smoked your card and look out everybody, DR will fry your computer."

NO, You chose to gamble with a cheapo graphics card and lost. It's not CM's fault you voluntarily chose to put in cheap components. It's like buying a junk car, racing it at Lowes Motorspeedway, then blaming the track for burning up your engine.

wow your a moron. read my thread you've been bashing me over for the past 6 pages. It was a thread to warn people about CHEAP FRIGGIN CABLES. jesus H christ man. learn to fucking read. you are the biggest up-himself moron I have ever met on the internet, and that is saying alot.

I'll save the trouble, here is my post

I thought it was all over for a moment then!

I was testing out the latest version of East 2 West, I had been playing for 4 hours straight in-game, when all of a sudden a strange smell started emanating from my PC, next thing I know my screen went blank! I practically power-slided to the power point and switched the system off.

On closer inspection, the 2xMolex to PCI-E Power Adapter had melted ! Obviously the constant pull of power having the GPU running at 100% for such a long time overheated the wires melting them right through!

Luckily I have no shortage of connectors lying around, so I built a new one from much higher quality wire, and I'm back in action!

So here is my warning to you :

CHECK THE QUALITY OF THE WIRING TO YOUR GFX CARD!

With Patch2 causing graphics card to run at full load, all the time, everything is going to get stressed out, and as I just experienced, less than top quality wiring could end catastrophically!

so exactly WHERE do I blame codemasters? huh? I dont do I. now stop being a dick

Edited by templargfx

wow your a moron. read my thread you've been bashing me over for the past 6 pages. It was a thread to warn people about CHEAP FRIGGIN CABLES. jesus H christ man. learn to fucking read. you are the biggest up-himself moron I have ever met on the internet, and that is saying alot.

I'll save the trouble, here is my post

so exactly WHERE do I blame codemasters? huh? I dont do I. now stop being a dick

+2 infraction points for that which makes that 5 of them. Come back in 3 months. Maybe you realize in the meantime that here are not the CM forums where you can call other members morons and whatever comes to your mind.

I'm pretty sure I said keep it civilized...

this topic will never die, arma 20 will be out and everyone will still be bashing and laughing it up

nooo, people who played OFP:CWC will be dead when Arma20 will come out :(

I will pass on this hilarious story to all of my children, my grandchildren, and my grandchildrens children! CM will never loose the burden they have given themselves...

And it's about time Templar got banned, all he ever did was Troll anyway. Poor guy, he is in so much denial with Dragon Rising, why can't he just let it go :(