Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

as CM/DR worshipers (or hidden employee) lie many times on their forum, and now i still see counterarguments "Arma2 is bug" etc. i think we should be more careful and "defend" Arma on different forums showing advantages

cause some CM liars may do bad opinion to Arma2 to prepare customers for DR2/OFP3 market

as you are registered on such forums, please spent your one minute to post there about advantages of A2 and lies about DR features

cause things that are known for you, may not be clear for other person, who doesn't know issues from personal experience or is too young to be OFP fan

looking at CM/DR part of community behavior i believe that in 2011 we will see "OFP3 DR2 sooon", maybe they will change title, whatever, but "never seen before military realism" will be first word than in future

so we should (if we can) prepare people too

if CM spreads everywhere their propaganda (Arma2 bug, not work, NASA PC needed, no planes, stupid AI) than we also should protect

Luhgnut;1572578']you know' date=' you're right templar.... so sorry, I take it all back. templar? templar? hallo?[/quote']Well, in all honesty - he was (apart from the personal attack of course).

Well, in all honesty - he was (apart from the personal attack of course).

yeah, I really just wanted to piss him off enough to crack.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Quote post by Helios heh

Quote:

Personally I think it is rather poor journalism by Ausgamers to base a news story solely on info and game experiences supplied by one person. On all formats, MP and in particular co-op is played by many without experiencing problems, and for them to call it "broken" based on one persons experiences isn't what constitutes proper research into a story in my book.

-----------------

Wait a second. The reports of one person? Where were they the last four months? The problems started day ONE. By day THREE their own community was ready to revolt. NOBODY could play multiplayer. Nobody. They truly, think they can just spin and spin and spin. The more I read about CM the more it pisses me off that a company would think so poorly of their paying community, to constantly screw em over.

What I say is: "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

But then again, some people think the game was awesome and the best and yadda yadda. I guess people can be amused with dryer lint of packaged correctly.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/407239-engine-much-nicer-than-arma2-but-how-do-i-increase-freaking-view-distance-4.html

Gotta love it. As always people start talking about Arma 2 and how it can't run on anything sub-super computer and the moment people post their sub-par specs and how they run Arma 2 fine they get hounded. Good way to draw attention away from the problems with DR.

Edit... nvm, just looked again and those posts by the Arma players have been deleted.. nvm.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/407239-engine-much-nicer-than-arma2-but-how-do-i-increase-freaking-view-distance-4.html

Gotta love it. As always people start talking about Arma 2 and how it can't run on anything sub-super computer and the moment people post their sub-par specs and how they run Arma 2 fine they get hounded. Good way to draw attention away from the problems with DR.

Edit... nvm, just looked again and those posts by the Arma players have been deleted.. nvm.

Hahaha yeh i saw that just before the DR user got pwned coz he couldnt configure his s00pa rig to run arma .... then the thread with arma configs to pwn dr fan got deleted and locked.

lotzoflolz

Always take pictures ;)

Gotta admire the awesome discussion skills of the thread starter over there.. I believe the people are finally geting the grasp of "being the successful DR community memeber".

Do you have a problem with DR? Follow these steps:

1. Say how awesome DR is
  2. Say how you hate ArmA, how buggy it is... BUT!
  3. Present your problem and compare it with ArmA/MW/BF:BC

You'll get a lot of attention.. you just need to make sure the general mood is pro-DR and Anti-everything else.. otherwise expect the almighty with locks and bananas :o

I believe they will be shutting down the forums soon and cutting all ties with the game in an effort hoping that people will forget the almighty ass rape they got from cm.

Ya know, just like a murderer sterilizing a crime scene.

Ok, here's what happens.

Someone posts something positive about Ego engine. It drones on and on about the qualities of Ego, and people bantering back and forth about the qualities of a crippled and out dated engine such as Ego. It may be the cats ass for a console, but on a PC? it's cramped, un-mod-able, severely limited.

Then somebody posts a SINGLE post about Arma2. The dog pile happens, on the person that mentions arma2, the mod panics, closes the thread instantly. then deletes any messages what-so-ever that even mentions arma2.

I've never seen anything like it.

Luhgnut;1572809']Ok' date=' here's what happens.

Someone posts something positive about Ego engine. It drones on and on about the qualities of Ego, and people bantering back and forth about the qualities of a crippled and out dated engine such as Ego. It may be the cats ass for a console, but on a PC? it's cramped, un-mod-able, severely limited.

Then somebody posts a SINGLE post about Arma2. The dog pile happens, on the person that mentions arma2, the mod panics, closes the thread instantly. then deletes any messages what-so-ever that even mentions arma2.

I've never seen anything like it.[/quote']

youtube videos cant be silenced though, my fov proof video pissed people off and although i didnt get many comments people still remembered it, gotta love the AS (actual stupidity, dont want to call it ai) all shooting at you and missing lmfao

youtube videos cant be silenced though, my fov proof video pissed people off and although i didnt get many comments people still remembered it, gotta love the AS (actual stupidity, dont want to call it ai) all shooting at you and missing lmfao

I remember your vid Was like yup. he's right.

oh I got comments pages and pages. With every comment there was a "reason" that the AI can't hit you. I was accused of literally scripting them not hitting you, altering the AI, even altering the code on a compiled level.

Reality is: You take an AI drop him in the map. You spawn across from him. Don't add a single thing. Just stand there, he'll miss and miss.

From there, I was told "You have to make him veteran." so I did. No change. Think about that a sec.... you have to have a Veteran AI to hit a target 20 meters away and not moving, with the same outcome (or lack thereof). So what's the other levels of AI for? So stupid they just shoot themselves after they figure out how to load their unlimited ammo?

"You didn't move no wonder they can't hit you." seriously I was told this. That was from some Mr. <banned>.

So a moving target is easier to hit than one standing still. Oh so that's the trick to not dying in war. Just stand still. Someone inform NATO. We could save millions in war funding. Just stand still! Why hasn't anybody ever thought of that?

Then it was on to Echelon and not moving, pretty soon. To have them hit you, was to have an Echelon with Elite guys in it, and not running at them. but to just move a little.

are you serious. can you actually be serious.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Luhgnut;1572838']oh I got comments pages and pages. With every comment there was a "reason" that the AI can't hit you. I was accused of literally scripting them not hitting you' date=' altering the AI, even altering the code on a compiled level.

Reality is: You take an AI drop him in the map. You spawn across from him. Don't add a single thing. Just stand there, he'll miss and miss.

From there, I was told "You have to make him veteran." so I did. No change.

"You didn't move no wonder they can't hit you." seriously I was told this. That was from some Mr. <banned>.

So a moving target is easier to hit than one standing still. Oh so that's the trick to not dying in war. Just stand still. Someone inform NATO. We could save millions in war funding. Just stand still! Why hasn't anybody ever thought of that?

Then it was on to Echelon and not moving, pretty soon. To have them hit you, was to have an Echelon with Elite guys in it, and not running at them. but to just move a little.

are you serious. can you actually be serious.[/quote']

i guess i didnt get many comments because there was nothing to be debated....the fov is not what they said it was and i proved it... post some links to your youtube vids i need a good laugh

i guess i didnt get many comments because there was nothing to be debated....the fov is not what they said it was and i proved it... post some links to your youtube vids i need a good laugh

here ya go.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBX-yxnvdMc

not going to post them all, just check out my channel. I'm not well like over on CM/DR peeps.

simply owned, i wouldnt put that much work into owning a game so hard but you are pretty talented at it and seem to get your rocks off doing so, more power to ya

simply owned, i wouldnt put that much work into owning a game so hard but you are pretty talented at it and seem to get your rocks off doing so, more power to ya

I didn't do anything. Basically, I started xfire video capture. Dropped some crap in with their editor. and filmed. No setup, not trying. just plop.

then pulled in to Microsoft Movie Maker - slapped in some credits.

I was just literally running around and filming without even thinking. and that's the result. that's how pathetic is truly is. You don't even have to try to make it look bad. It just does that.

Luhgnut;1572888']I didn't do anything. Basically' date=' I started xfire video capture. Dropped some crap in with their editor. and filmed. No setup, not trying. just plop.

then pulled in to Microsoft Movie Maker - slapped in some credits.

I was just literally running around and filming without even thinking. and that's the result. that's how pathetic is truly is. You don't even have to try to make it look bad. It just does that.[/quote']

ehh...still more effort then i would put into the game, and it does do a fine job of making itself look bad. Downside is that people paid for the game to see it for themselves and some even defend it.

We both know the people im talking about to, although one vanished not long after release

16/02 - Confirmation of no further patches or additional DLC

Due to the actual reason I decided to allow discussion on the subject for another 7 days. Thread will be closed again February 23. Guidelines from the first post still apply so keep it civilized gents. :)

Oh come on we don't need a whole week just to talk about how CM dropped the ball AGAIN, do we?

http://archive.perfectduluthday.com/beating-a-dead-horse.gif :whistle:

My Grandma used to say "if you can't say something nice... about a deceased person, better say nothing at all". Well then, thought about those words...but to be honest, i would have to add so much empty lines (say nothing) that i probably would risk a permaban.

So please, imagine yourself the next 12 pages filled with....nothing.

Oh come on we don't need a whole week just to talk about how CM dropped the ball AGAIN, do we?

http://archive.perfectduluthday.com/beating-a-dead-horse.gif :whistle:

I'm saving that gif for a rainny day... thanks..:D

So, CM dropped a game after 4 months that can't be modded cos it was made on and all in one engine.... shame about that, just goes to show who or what they care most about....

I love some of the defensive comments...

"But what about all the features they promised? What about the DLC per month? What about the extra weapons and vehilces? What about having a working multiplayer? What about the free DLC on console? What about..."

"No, you're mistaken, they said all of that before the game was released, so it doesn't mean anything"

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-consoles-1312/407601-can-i-atually-have-evidence-lie-please.html

Great thread, but remember, all the lies must be after release, because before release they aren't lies.

You know, just like when you order a state of the art robot dog from Japan and you get a dead puppy in a box. Sure they lied, but it was a pre-release lie, so go play with your puppy.

I love some of the defensive comments...

"But what about all the features they promised? What about the DLC per month? What about the extra weapons and vehilces? What about having a working multiplayer? What about the free DLC on console? What about..."

"No, you're mistaken, they said all of that before the game was released, so it doesn't mean anything"

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-consoles-1312/407601-can-i-atually-have-evidence-lie-please.html

Great thread, but remember, all the lies must be after release, because before release they aren't lies.

You know, just like when you order a state of the art robot dog from Japan and you get a dead puppy in a box. Sure they lied, but it was a pre-release lie, so go play with your puppy.

I find it incredible that there are people who really, really swallow this kind of thing, that any claim before release is meaningless in the argument against the game not providing what it promised.

I find it incredible that there are people who really, really swallow this kind of thing, that any claim before release is meaningless in the argument against the game not providing what it promised.

DMarkwick: your last line of your sig....

I put dirty pictures in my pbo's. everybody wants my missions.:o

Luhgnut;1573242']DMarkwick: your last line of your sig....

I put dirty pictures in my pbo's. everybody wants my missions.:o

You see, now there's a prime example of community spirit right there :) Didn't like the mission? Here's a little something for ya :D

You see, now there's a prime example of community spirit right there :) Didn't like the mission? Here's a little something for ya :D

now my d/l count will go up and there will be pictures of a naked goat.

Aren't goats already naked 100% of the time?

My god, this discussion is the very definition of offtopic... :butbut:

Edit: Jesus. I hate to say it, but if Templar had been the only one working on DR it would perhaps have been a decent game:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/407675-finally-free-look-mouse.html

Can't believe the insane amount of workarounds needed to get it to work, though... The award-winning EGO engine at its finest... :rolleyes:

Edited by Zipper5