Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

All i gotta say is Dragon Rising developers can't make what BIS can and they failed a long way short

And add to that the fact there support is bad and they lie like crazy they can't come close to BIS.

DR is a FPS with not a very big world or possiblilities and free roam compared to ARMA series. If CM did manage to make a sim as open world as ARMA i bet there will be atleast 10 times the bugs.

The availability of pc parts and combo's is impossible for a company to test all of them and just the open world and amount of possibilities of ARMA 2 itself make it impossible to release without bugs.

Anyone who thinks otherwise should go back to primary school where kids play FPS and they think a game like ARMA can't have more bugs than a simple FPS.

A simple pc never has as much bugs as a full blown one with many things installed.

And if it wasn't for BIS we wouldn't have mils sims with editors etc.

Only a DR fanboy will argue this case LOL

eg my name is Vi$%#@r and just by chance DR runs fine for me and iv'e never experienced any bugs.

DR is very bug infested too and it's a FPS nowhere near as open world as ARMA. I don't own it but played it numerous times on my mates pc and i'll tell you the game is nothing like OFP and u will be dissapointed if u wanted a mil-sim.

Also after placing two men and 10 vehicles (not many) in editor and vehicles popped up after u came within 20 metres i hated the editor instantly and thought what a load of BS. Not one ARMA 2 release bug came close to ruining things as much as this does.

How can that crap even be released...imagine ur enemy vehicles popping out 20 metres infront you all the sudden. how realistic is that

And the vehicle entity limit says everything about the DR engine

Joke 14 is very good.

Now, I thought you said you had more responsibilities and less time for fun? Back to making superb units for me to play with and enough with this dreck ... {cracks whip}

3 days ago i was checking for servers online and i didn't find any.

Yesterday their Community Manager announced this in the Forum:

After liaising with the dev team, it will not be possible to implement standalone dedicated servers post-launch for the game.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5853498#post5853498 (check out the shitstorm that followed if you want to have a good laugh :D )

What these guys did is nothing but a massive fraud considering that on the back of the box it states: „Dedicated host server recommended for optimum performance“.

I feel ashamed and naive for actually preordering this game. I feel massively tricked and used. Guess i was blinded by there good working hype machinery on gametrailers. Lies, Lies and Lies! This won't happen to me another time and i will never buy a Codemasters Game again.

Game died 37 days after release. R.I.P OF2: DR (Friday the 13/8/2009) :hang:

Long live ARMA 2!

Cheers,

rascal

:P

heh, you know to make addons i must be by home PC, not in office/work where only MsOffice is installed :)

:P

heh, you know to make addons i must be by home PC, not in office/work where only MsOffice is installed :)

Hehe, that didnt stop Cm however from making a game on the engine of MS solitaire, coding it in Powerpoint, MSPaint for texture work and the final PP filters from MS Movie maker. And we know how that ended up :bounce3:

maybe CM also had forbidden access to install anything and had only user account :couch:

I'll continue to enjoy this game, waiting for BIS to fullfill their promise to console users, while you waste your time trolling and trying to provoke others.

... Suddenly "Next Gen. Console: TBA" constitutes some kind of promise? I guess it suggests some kind of future announcement. But does it promise anything?

@Vilas

Great jokes. More than a few of them had me snickering. Very clever!

We may not have had the graphics back then but games like Wasteland, Bard's Tale, Ultima, Falcon, Airbone Ranger, Gunship, F15 Strike Eagle etc etc kept me going for months (and in some cases years).

Man, Falcon kept me busy for weeks to get it to run correctly. And F15 Strike Eagle. I rode in the WSO seat forever.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

It is an official statement (post), Helios is CM's community manager.

He is not a CM employee. He's their community manager true, but he's not an employee or a paid spokesperson for CM. He does it all for free. That's the beauty of it. It's like say, a BIS developer tells me personally "Arma2 will have hyperblasters and powerswords with magnetic, cybernetic, microfiber alloy tanks." So I go on the website and repeat it. It's not official. What would make it official is if yacky-yack Lenton would say it. But he won't.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Luhgnut;1488810']He is not a CM employee. He's their community manager true' date=' but he's not an employee or a paid spokesperson for CM.[/quote']

Are you sure of that?

Not sure what to make of this

linkage

At the bottom its signed by helios, it does state, "not just saying this as a CM employee..."

i am with you in pain and sorrow

i fully understand your loss

the day when CM banned me, was the most sad of my life

i was feeling whole world crushing at me , i felt like i am loosing ground under my feet, i felt like whole my family died

CM banned me, i could only think about it and nothing more, i haven't slept, i haven't eat (4 hours), i was sitting on my closet in tears

i even tried commit suicide, but i failed: first i took spoon instead of knife and couldn't cut myself (but i have scars deep within me), second approach i took pistol for water (http://www.pioneczek.pl/photo/big_hdwatergun.jpg)

i even wanted to become EMO and listen to George Michael

i have never expected i become my own shadow :(

CM banned me too :(

i had faith in dragons, i had faith in rice, now i cannot eat rice anymore , my soul is lost, my sense of life vanished, CM banned me for life , why ? :(

but A fishegg be strong, maybe we still have a chance ? maybe we can turn back the time and start it all again ? we could register there second time, using other nick and write "Arma has no 64 AI limit and immortal trees"

it could be funny to be banned second time :D

Epic beyond words.

If CM want to salvage even a tiny bit of credibility, they need to inclde the "Ultimate AI Mod" by TemplarGFX. Thanks to the patch, it is now unusable. Plus, it would give the non-sim players a shock:D

linkage

At the bottom its signed by helios, it does state, "not just saying this as a CM employee..."

Heh maybe he is on their paylist.

I like:

+ Huge Map

+ Improved AI

+ Not Dumbed Down

+ Massive Draw Distance

linkage

Wow i always forget that;

"...and this has been stated over and over by numerous people from both press and public who’ve played the game, and I’m sure you will find it a challenge in the hardcore mode.

I’m not just saying this as I’m a CM employee, I’ve played the game myself and know first-hand how difficult the game can be. More often than not the first time you’ll know that an enemy is nearby is when you hear them firing at you, see tracer fire flashing past your head, bullets hitting the dirt near to your position, or the “you are dead†screen..."

they have the real PC version somewhere else.

That is from August. Wonder if its the same game HE played then as it is now, because if its he is a complete fake, and liar as the rest of them...

Ok, here’s a quick update on the current status of this game.

Dedicated servers

You may already know the official word from CM is that there will not be any dedicated servers now or anytime in the life of this title. There was a few writings on the wall that suggested this but I think CM knew that by keeping silent on this the life of this game might get extended a bit and possibly get a few more sales. It was only after MW2 was launched that this was announced. Possibly because they knew the game was not going to sell any longer and just face the inevitable?

Patches and DLCs

Currently there is one patch and one DLC out at the moment. From the time of launch til the patch was released was almost a month. Sadly with almost a whole month to work on the patch and DLC the number of fixes and what was fixed are extremely pathetic. All the major problems that were voiced by the community were not addressed at all. This is a patch that should have been release within the first week of the game. All the DLC provided was a few more maps that can easily and quickly created in the editor, a few MP game modes and allowing players to explore the barren island with Island Tour.

A second patch as been announced and is promised that this is the patch everyone has been waiting for and will satisfy everyone. No further information on what the patch consists of yet. Whether this turns out to be true remains to be seen but would you trust them after the failure of the first patch?

Just for fun here’s another jab at CM on the DLC quality for their recently released Dirt 2. http://www.ps3vault.com/codemasters-dirt-2-dlc-is-disappointing-7076

Modding

At this point it’s still unknown whether CM will really support modding by the community. A subforum was created suggesting the possibility but still no official word even with the amount of begging and pleading for an answer. There was a good discussion going on with a few members about extracting and editing the files but has seen a quick drop off of progress after the patch, which pretty much cripples any type of future modding.

A member from the forum brought up a good point on why CM would want to lock out modding. CM’s leading titles have been racing games and most of them are based on the EGO engine. Would CM really release SDK files that would let everyone peek into their engine? The bread and butter of the company? Also who is going to continue buying their DLCs if modders can provide more and better content for free?

Future state of game

Looks pretty grim at the moment. Little to no information is given from the Mods and devs. Answers to common questions go unanswered repeatedly. Damage control at the moment seems to be deleting/lock threads. The state of MP play is abysmal. Many people are reporting that the amount of servers can be counted on one hand and some have said they found none. Lack of modding tools and no dedicated servers will definitely kill any long term interest in the game. A demo was announced but never released. Just goes to show the lack of faith and passion the devs have in their game. A member from their forum claims to have some inside information from someone at CM who was involved with the project. I can’t remember which thread it was from but basically what was said was that the project was a slap together kind of thing with little to no vision and direction. A bunch of buzzwords were tossed around and they went with that.

Helios mentioned (to me) in a thread a while back that he was a paid CM employee but all the other mods were just non-paid fans/volunteers.

CM basically speaks through him so they can disconnect themselves from the public.

Helios mentioned (to me) in a thread a while back that he was a paid CM employee but all the other mods were just non-paid fans/volunteers.

CM basically speaks through him so they can disconnect themselves from the public.

weird, cause I've seen him state the contrary. I know he's their little buddy and get's to go to the shows with them. Whatever....

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

linkage

wow that it interesting. First time I've seen it. hmmmmm

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Ok, here’s a quick update on the current status of this game.

Dedicated servers

You may already know the official word from CM is that there will not be any dedicated servers now or anytime in the life of this title. There was a few writings on the wall that suggested this but I think CM knew that by keeping silent on this the life of this game might get extended a bit and possibly get a few more sales. It was only after MW2 was launched that this was announced. Possibly because they knew the game was not going to sell any longer and just face the inevitable?

Patches and DLCs

Currently there is one patch and one DLC out at the moment. From the time of launch til the patch was released was almost a month. Sadly with almost a whole month to work on the patch and DLC the number of fixes and what was fixed are extremely pathetic. All the major problems that were voiced by the community were not addressed at all. This is a patch that should have been release within the first week of the game. All the DLC provided was a few more maps that can easily and quickly created in the editor, a few MP game modes and allowing players to explore the barren island with Island Tour.

A second patch as been announced and is promised that this is the patch everyone has been waiting for and will satisfy everyone. No further information on what the patch consists of yet. Whether this turns out to be true remains to be seen but would you trust them after the failure of the first patch?

Just for fun here’s another jab at CM on the DLC quality for their recently released Dirt 2. http://www.ps3vault.com/codemasters-dirt-2-dlc-is-disappointing-7076

Modding

At this point it’s still unknown whether CM will really support modding by the community. A subforum was created suggesting the possibility but still no official word even with the amount of begging and pleading for an answer. There was a good discussion going on with a few members about extracting and editing the files but has seen a quick drop off of progress after the patch, which pretty much cripples any type of future modding.

A member from the forum brought up a good point on why CM would want to lock out modding. CM’s leading titles have been racing games and most of them are based on the EGO engine. Would CM really release SDK files that would let everyone peek into their engine? The bread and butter of the company? Also who is going to continue buying their DLCs if modders can provide more and better content for free?

Future state of game

Looks pretty grim at the moment. Little to no information is given from the Mods and devs. Answers to common questions go unanswered repeatedly. Damage control at the moment seems to be deleting/lock threads. The state of MP play is abysmal. Many people are reporting that the amount of servers can be counted on one hand and some have said they found none. Lack of modding tools and no dedicated servers will definitely kill any long term interest in the game. A demo was announced but never released. Just goes to show the lack of faith and passion the devs have in their game. A member from their forum claims to have some inside information from someone at CM who was involved with the project. I can’t remember which thread it was from but basically what was said was that the project was a slap together kind of thing with little to no vision and direction. A bunch of buzzwords were tossed around and they went with that.

Good summary. Basically CM is doing the same to DR players as their Dirt2 players etc. So they are basically pissing EVERYBODY off. It's almost like they are trying to destroy themselves. Face it, the only titles they make money on they've screwed up royally. I always thought they were a bunch of hacks and wanna be's. Now they are proving they are.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Dig this.

Dated December 28th 2008 on Dragon Rising Site.

http://operationflashpoint2.org/ofp2-vs-arma2-fact-thread/

Notice back then at the top they say although all these things that make Arma2 great, isn't all that great. So they themselves compared it to Arma2 back in December. They were positioning themselves as direct competition and Arma2 Killer. What's funny in retrospect is that they listed back then how weak the game will be and then made it even worse, by breaking what little they did have. They best part is when they say 80% of Arma2 is already in Arma1. Well duh.... of course it is. It's a sequel. A true sequel that's proven. And 80% of the Original OFP is in Arma1. See the development path? Rule of thumb always, take 80% of what is great of a game, and roll it into the next generation, then roll 80% of that into the following generation. That's proven even in the auto industry. In the case of CM.... they took a car, threw out the wheels, steering wheel, engine, and redesigned everything claiming it's better. When in reality , people really wanted what was rolled into Arma/Arma2.

Hilarious. These people went to college to figure out how to gut a known proven migration path in all industries.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

I couldn't see myself playing a game as huge as ArmA 2 on a console, on the other hand i couldn't see myself playing a limited console game as DR on my PC :eek:

Personally i hope ArmA 2/OA NEVER reaches the consoles!

I think it'd be ok as long as they keep the main program for the PC and then strip that down for the console. Any PC game I have played that is supported by the console is stripped down. I was disappointed within 5 minutes of playing DR for the PC because of it's consolish feel and the vehicle physics are a joke....literally, at least I had a good laugh for my money considering I allowed myself to get screwed in CM's marketing. I'm not against consoles by any means. I am PC gamer and DR cannot even be compared to ARMA II. CM & DR succeeded in marketing, but failed in the product for the Flashpoint fans. DR will be remembered for the disappointment that it is.

daaaamn once again,

as we talk here, we remember what each of us told before

so...

i back to page about what i was saying (discussion about DR vs Arma)

and what i hear again:

"arma is bug over bug"

"ai is brainless"

"completly screwed game"

"why 100 satchel carges won't blow city, why addon of atomic bomb required, why so much of TNT won't blow whole city if it is simulator" (remind my words about engineer software to count behavior of pressure of gas and mechanic behavior of forces )

more "funny" messages

when i told that in other games destruction scenes are:

- or movies played in cutscenes

- or scripted and planned destruction of small parts during planned mission

now they answer that "in arma building collapse is also scripted"

they see no difference between destructible environment and movies made from renders in other games :(

i am tired to teach people on and on and on and prove for 100-th time that 2+2=4, not 3 neither 5

i am giving up :(

they expect on mid-rig PC this game to be super fluent, they turned resolution to 1600*1050 and claim on "only 20 FPS on server" :(

since few days i wanted to proove that Arma2 is unique... i just can't talk with people who not understand basic thing :/

i don't know if black PR of "other game" or what caused this ?

how is it possible that player not see difference between fully destructible buildings on map and rendered movie file played as cutscene (other games use movie files)

:/

only thing i get is that i am *** fanboy of BIS :/ and i have no idea about weapons, cause 100 satchel charges should blow whole city (cumulation of TNT)

heh, noone accept when i say about "indirecthitrange=xx" parameter from ammo,

people are really stupid (topic about it was great show when some people turned problems with idiots to somebody ego matter or subjective look on something obvious)

[=DD=] Luhgnut your example how you worked in shop selling PC is great, man, people are really idiots

http://www.iq-tester.pl/artykuly-o-iq/poziomy-wartosci-iq.html

6-7% 60-70

10% of people IQ 70-80

10% of people have IQ 80-90

25% have 90-100

25% 100-110

12% 110-120

6% 120-130

3% 130-140

i resign to tell people about Arma and DR on other forums :(

no i see, we simply should not care and stick together here in our community

whatever proof we give - "arma is buggy"

no matter that other games have movie files of rendered explosions in cutscenes...

for them "if in arma building collapse, whats the difference"

Edited by vilas

One of the local Aussie magazines ran two reviews of Dragon Rising. First being a review in the October edition based on preview code in which they said that they stopped playing Arma 2 because this was a 100 times better mil-sim.

The second review being based on full game in the November issue said the AI was buggy, but the enemy AI was brilliant, the graphics are amazing but the game still runs smooth as long as you don't try running it on anything below a 4870x2, said it has a few niggles which makes it just fall short of being an ultimate sequal, they gave it a 79% which is a pretty average score for them but finished the review saying that the game just falls short of being a masterpiece.

I love the magazine because they are one of the best hardware mags there is, but their review makes little sense unless I've been playing another game, and even then I could swear their review was written by two different people and thrown together.

@Vilas. Dont try to explain to idiots. The worst case is that you succeed and then they are coming over here...

@andersson, you are right...

please also look at my jokes ;) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87936&page=208

concerning reviews one last word - i told them "how can you make reviews of military games if you not know difference between AK and AKM, M16A1 and M16a2"

answer was "who care, 97% of gamers want good military game"

it is like when [=DD=] Luhgnut was selling PC :

- i wanna buy PC

- what you need PC for

- internet, school

- will you play games

- no

- here is PC for 400$

-thanx

next day

- i want refund my money, Crisis won't run on this PC

Edited by vilas

"why 100 satchel carges won't blow city, why addon of atomic bomb required, why so much of TNT won't blow whole city if it is simulator" (remind my words about engineer software to count behavior of pressure of gas and mechanic behavior of forces )

Remember that a DR city is three shacks and a shed...

Good point. I notice a lot of people mention how the AI clearing buildings in DR is excellent, but no one seems to mention that there's only 2-5 buildings every 10-20km, and each of those are pretty much the same, one story, 3 roomed buildings.