Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Namalsk island, v1.10

Thanks all ;)

Foxhound:

Thanks for news and download link :)

Mortal-K:

Yep, it is possible, i have to check all bigger models and set proper mass :)

These things about damage will be fixed until full release of Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk mod ;) (i still hope - release date ~ february 2010)

Sumrak

I have a large issue, I think the snow is not working. I've tried both Namalsk 1.0 and 1.02

arma22009120217053448.th.png

arma22009120217054400.th.png

Hi All. wondering if you can help. I am trying to get Namalsk working on a dedi server & am having some troubles. I can get it to the mission selection screen but no further. I select a mission hit continue that then takes me to the vote screen with only the back button. Any assistance would be great as we are Beta testing b4 maybe putting it on our public, oh by we I mean =WBG=

I have a large issue, I think the snow is not working. I've tried both Namalsk 1.0 and 1.02

Hi, i know about this issue, you must set higher terrain detail, then will be much better.. for now, i can't fix this issue :(

Hi All. wondering if you can help. I am trying to get Namalsk working on a dedi server & am having some troubles. I can get it to the mission selection screen but no further. I select a mission hit continue that then takes me to the vote screen with only the back button. Any assistance would be great as we are Beta testing b4 maybe putting it on our public, oh by we I mean =WBG=

Hi, i'm sorry, i dont have much skills with dedicated servers, maybe someone else can help you. But, you can again check, if you really have correct mod structure...

Sumrak

Just ported last version (2.0.49) to Namalsk GET IT HERE.

Added back max view distance too, as personally never had problems with it and with beta patches is very usefull (now stuff is rendered). Also more polished version compared to the one I released with 2.0.48: better town distribution, camps/depots better placed (had few glitches) and "fixed" some weird behaviour that happened with AI not starting fine etc. (happening probably because not running a dedicated server), weird enough that does not happen with original Chernarus version.

edit: fail at linking hehe

Edited by KNac

This map is simply superb!

Hope, Sumrak will not be angry if am submitting a small bug.

7hauUTq3Iyo

Anyway is the best island ever made!;)

Set to (very) high shadows.

Normal setting is CPU calculated and bad for performance anyway.

Edited by kju

Set to very high shadows

Apparently effective, thanx!

But, I think High settings are enough, shadows on max reduce more than five FPS in mine.

AkeR:

Thanks, yep, this bug is on normal shadow detail, only way to fix this problem is set another shadow detail..as said Kju.

It seems, that is something wrong with shadow lod in that building, but, this building is made by bis (i can't open model), maybe i can try use older model, because this warehouse is also in ArmA 1 :)

Sickboy:

Thanks, i saw Namalsk, when i installed ACE2 and i also try start download & install Namalsk, and it's very cool ;)

Sumrak, thank you for your answer!

If I could have a question, a stupid one :D ...amm how to install 2.0.49?

It's enough to put @namalsk folder, or it must be renamed sg?

THX!

Edited by AkeR

Please allow me to show my respect for the quality of this work, it is simply outstanding. The ambience is fantastic, attention to detail amazing.

I really like this map though the map doesn't want to show the same affection for me. :p

1. I seem to be unable to place units inside buildings.

In this example I'll use a rifleman and the hotel in Vorkuta.

In the riflemans initialization field I put:

this setPos (( getPos this nearestObject 9957) buildingPos 1);

What happens is that the rifleman spawns in the ocean in the lower left corner of the map. It works fine on Utes and Chernarus. I have no other mods running when testing. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there some other way to acomplish this? If Anyone has a solution for this I'm all ears.

2. Nightvision with ACE2 mod.

On Utes and Chernarus works fine but on Namalsk everything is pitch black. Works without ACE2 though. I don't know if this is a specific problem with ACE or something but I thought I'd mention it.

Oh btw! Is there someway to make the barrels to be on fire when you start the map?

I have ARMA2 1.05 and Namalsk is patched to version 1.02

Though under any circumstances Namalsk is beautiful just fun to watch. :)

Count Sessine:

Porco_Rosso:

Thanks,

1 - Some objects, which are created by me dont have for now defined positions and paths for AI. This, and more fixes will be included in final release of Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk modification.

2 - sorry, i dont know, why, i never tested nightvision on Namalsk with ACE2 :(

;) Sumrak

Porco_Rosso:

Thanks,

1 - Some objects, which are created by me dont have for now defined positions and paths for AI. This, and more fixes will be included in final release of Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk modification.

2 - sorry, i dont know, why, i never tested nightvision on Namalsk with ACE2 :(

;) Sumrak

Then I'll just wait for the final release and have a go at it then. :rolleyes:

And my namalsk mission will be a daytime mission until the problem has gone away :p

Thanks for all the excellent work Sumrak!

Hello,

Just wanted to say great island. It's probably my favourite custom island, I love the colours and the layout of it.

One request though: can you please fix the railroad bridges so enemy infantry and vehicles can use them? Right now, they simply don't use the bridge at all. You have added such nice bridges and even made them destructible, but the AI can't use them. :( If you can fix that, it would be even better!

Thanks.

Then I'll just wait for the final release and have a go at it then. :rolleyes:

And my namalsk mission will be a daytime mission until the problem has gone away :p

Thanks for all the excellent work Sumrak!

Try setting the NVG sensitivity to 100%.

I clicked on @Namalsk.bat and now I can't deactivate it. The Namalsk island gets loaded every time I load Arma2. How do I turn this off?

Hello,

Just wanted to say great island. It's probably my favourite custom island, I love the colours and the layout of it.

One request though: can you please fix the railroad bridges so enemy infantry and vehicles can use them? Right now, they simply don't use the bridge at all. You have added such nice bridges and even made them destructible, but the AI can't use them. :( If you can fix that, it would be even better!

Thanks.

I know, i'm trying to make objects on the Namalsk AI freindly, but its not simple on some objects :(

Bridge is priority for me, in final version of models will be this problem fixed.

I clicked on @Namalsk.bat and now I can't deactivate it. The Namalsk island gets loaded every time I load Arma2. How do I turn this off?

Namalsk is set as default island, so, if you dont want to have a Namalsk in every startup of ArmA II, you have to launch without mod folder, where are namalsk files located.

Namalsk is set as default island, so, if you dont want to have a Namalsk in every startup of ArmA II, you have to launch without mod folder, where are namalsk files located.

In the next update, please give people the option to set this as the default island or not. I consider it rude to set your own island as the game's default.

In the next update, please give people the option to set this as the default island or not. I consider it rude to set your own island as the game's default.

First sentence appropriate .... second one not.

You don't like it, DON'T download it or heaven forbid, you ACTUALLY read Sumrak's advice about the mod folder !

Hey Sumrak...

We beta-tested my mission today, it's on your island.

Firstly, great island, people loved it. It looks very realistic imo, great atmosphere. Love it. A masterpiece really. :D

We noticed a serious issue though. As you know, there is a lot of rubble in this map (the town of All for example), coal heaps etc. If you die on or near that rubble, you sink right through it. And if revive is enabled, it's impossible to be revived. This happened three times in a row, so we couldn't carry on with the mission. Here's a screenshot (seen from under the ground):

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d94/Nimsky/clippingbug.jpg

Also, a lot of the high grass is solid, you bump into it. I think it would be better if players could walk through that.

Other than that, great map.