Sumrak

Namalsk island, v1.10

im trying do blow a few cranes up with a gamelogic:

crane1=position this nearestObject 263699

Then a trigger:

not alive crane1

But it doesnt get set....

What am i missing here?

It looks like its impossible to close the barriers.

It is my bad or is it really impossible?

You should add ski's and snowboards and a working ski lift

Hey Sumrak, first of all love your island and it´s my favorite...reminds me stalker :bounce3:

Anyway, the only think that i ask to you is:

Is it possible to tweak the island performance wise?

I mean, the island is too heavy for normal pcs, too many vegatations and trees and the most important, the grass seems too tall, if the ai go prone i can´t see him but he see me :)

Ty.

the island's performance runs beter than if not the same to Chenarus, which is fine enough for me and anyone else who has a "Normal" pc.

hey sumrack is everyhing good with the AI and the airport or are u working on that? Iv had some issues with AI taking off.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Still my favorite map btw. I dunno ifits the filter or textures but best looking by far. Currently porting an awseomegamemode by Zonekiller (battlefield2) to this map. That gamemode was made for this map.

Has anyone had luck with aircraft atthe airport? Maybe placing the aircraft at a certain positon yeilds better results?

looks like its got to be the FAR north end.

Edited by CombatComm

Just ported last version (2.0.49) to Namalsk GET IT HERE.

Added back max view distance too, as personally never had problems with it and with beta patches is very usefull (now stuff is rendered). Also more polished version compared to the one I released with 2.0.48: better town distribution, camps/depots better placed (had few glitches) and "fixed" some weird behaviour that happened with AI not starting fine etc. (happening probably because not running a dedicated server), weird enough that does not happen with original Chernarus version.

edit: fail at linking hehe

Hey it says bad link or file has been removed. Would really love to get my hands on this if someone has a mirror for me. Much appreciated.

Killg0re:

Maybe you can try other id, try 263700 ;)

Nonkel Mich:

Sorry, but which barriers you mean?

Geraldus:

I have done a lot of tweaks on Namalsk.. i can't make another tweaks like deleting another objects from island... from ArmA 1 version to ArmA II was cause of performance deleted c. 90k of objects, island loose some aspects, which was in ArmA 1. :(

I don't have a big problems with running Namalsk (and i have a laptop).

Do you have a updated version? (1.02)

Yes, i know, that tall grass, i have this issue in todo :)

CombatComm:

I know, the "airport" on Namalsk is not perfect, i try to make some changes, but, it is not an Chernarus or Utes airport :rolleyes: ;)

Sorry for long time without response,

Sumrak

What is the deal with Namalsk lately? I was preatty sure the campaign u were working on was suppose to come out febuary?

What is the deal with Namalsk lately? I was preatty sure the campaign u were working on was suppose to come out febuary?

I'm still working on campaign, but, last weeks, i don't have much time to work, so, campaign will be propably released in comming months (june 2010).. ;)

More informations will be available here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1588392#post1588392

Sumrak

Hi Sumrak

great work dude

I've more-or less finished a 99 percent bug-free version of Evolution Blue in Chernarus

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85921&highlight=evo+fix&page=22

Evolution Red in Chernarus

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96301

and recently Evolution Blue in Isla Duala

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96532

I'd like to port Evolution to your Namalsk Island.

Would this be ok?

If so, can you post the link for the absolutely latest version of the map for me to use? or is it v1.0 ?

cheers

Eggbeast

Hi Sumrak

great work dude

I've more-or less finished a 99 percent bug-free version of Evolution Blue in Chernarus

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85921&highlight=evo+fix&page=22

Evolution Red in Chernarus

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96301

and recently Evolution Blue in Isla Duala

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96532

I'd like to port Evolution to your Namalsk Island.

Would this be ok?

If so, can you post the link for the absolutely latest version of the map for me to use? or is it v1.0 ?

cheers

Eggbeast

Hi,

sounds great :) of course, you can port Evolution ;)

Here you can download version 1.0: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1455837&postcount=1 (download links are at the end of the post)

and here download lastest patch: http://www.nightstalkers.cz/down/index.php?soubor=namalsk_v12. (only 10MB)

It is better to have patched version - much better performance and fixed map coordinates :)

Sumrak

ok thanks man - ive got it all on my server now - will start work next week (still enjoying duala too much atm)

Hi, I was wondering what kind of monster type NPC's you will be giving the community? I'm really interested, thank you!

P.S - Screenshots would be a plus! :D

i saw a video about Namalsk island 2.0,you release it now?

[REMOVED]

Edited by user3242

i saw a video about Namalsk island 2.0,you release it now?

Trying to spread a virus, nice try... MSSE detects VirTool:Win32/Vbinder.gen!G on the link provided.

Reported :mad:

Edited by Placebo

no,this is not a virus,its my friends which gave me this link,and iam trying to see the video,if its a virus,sorry

Edited by user3242

Hi, I was wondering what kind of monster type NPC's you will be giving the community? I'm really interested, thank you!

P.S - Screenshots would be a plus! :D

Hi, fi you mean mutants, you are in wrong thread :rolleyes:

Details about mutants, which will be included in Nightstalkers: Shadow of Namalsk mod, will be soon here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87625

Sumrak

Im getting CTD's whenever I try to load Arma2 with Namalsk island... it gets to the actual start menu and then booom, back to desktop with a crash to Arma2. I only downloaded it 2 days ago and AFAIK have the latest version of the island and the patch (I got it for ST6 #4 campaign!)

I've got a few other islands installed and they work fine. I use the command line to load up big addon's like islands and even if I only load up Namalsk (and CBA, which seems to need to run for Arma2 to run now) it still does it. If I take Namalsk out of the launch parameters then Arma2 runs normal.

I've got 14 files in the Addon folder of Nightstalkers;

namalsk.pbo

namalsk.pbo.NST.bisign

ns.pbo

ns.pbo.NST.bisign

ns2.pbo

ns2.pbo.NST.bisign

ns_modules.pbo

ns_modules.pbo.NST.bisign

ns_patch.pbo

ns_patch.pbo.NST.bisign

ns_plants.pbo

ns_plants.pbo.NST.bisign

ns_rocks.pbo

ns_rocks.pbo.NST.bisign

Any ideas anyone?

Hi Sumrak

I just wanted to ask you a question. I'm working on my campaign which takes place on Namalsk, still WIP. I'm fine tuning the missions right now. The custom building at the Old Hospital next to the helipad. Has this building working unit positions in order to place the units in the different rooms?:confused: I couldn't get it to work so far with the set unit position commands. So for the time being I'm using a workaround with way points, but there's no way to position them precisely in the different rooms in that manner. It's a real pitty.

Will Namalsk be updated in the future or is version 1.01 the final one?:rolleyes:

Awesome Island.:D

Kind regards

Im getting CTD's whenever I try to load Arma2 with Namalsk island... it gets to the actual start menu and then booom, back to desktop with a crash to Arma2. I only downloaded it 2 days ago and AFAIK have the latest version of the island and the patch (I got it for ST6 #4 campaign!)

I've got a few other islands installed and they work fine. I use the command line to load up big addon's like islands and even if I only load up Namalsk (and CBA, which seems to need to run for Arma2 to run now) it still does it. If I take Namalsk out of the launch parameters then Arma2 runs normal.

I've got 14 files in the Addon folder of Nightstalkers;

namalsk.pbo

namalsk.pbo.NST.bisign

ns.pbo

ns.pbo.NST.bisign

ns2.pbo

ns2.pbo.NST.bisign

ns_modules.pbo

ns_modules.pbo.NST.bisign

ns_patch.pbo

ns_patch.pbo.NST.bisign

ns_plants.pbo

ns_plants.pbo.NST.bisign

ns_rocks.pbo

ns_rocks.pbo.NST.bisign

Any ideas anyone?

Hi Jaytack,

this is weird, could you please post reports from ArmA2.rpt? Maybe is something there, what can help, but, i cant remember, that anyone had CTD with Namalsk.. you can also maybe try some beta patch..

Hi Sumrak

I just wanted to ask you a question. I'm working on my campaign which takes place on Namalsk, still WIP. I'm fine tuning the missions right now. The custom building at the Old Hospital next to the helipad. Has this building working unit positions in order to place the units in the different rooms?:confused: I couldn't get it to work so far with the set unit position commands. So for the time being I'm using a workaround with way points, but there's no way to position them precisely in the different rooms in that manner. It's a real pitty.

Will Namalsk be updated in the future or is version 1.01 the final one?:rolleyes:

Awesome Island.:D

Kind regards

Hi nettrucker,

In Old Hospital, all buildings are made by BI, it seems, that this object don't have prepared paths and positions.. so, you can try setPos only :S

And yes, currently, huge update for Namalsk is in testing ;)

namalsk_v1.10.jpg

AWESOMEE!!!!!

Man I can't wait. I love Namlask and it can only get better!! Man!

You're the best! :D

ETA?

I hope, that release will be between 17. and 21. May :rolleyes: ;)

Sumrak

Thanks for the update SumraK! Will there be any major changes that might effect current missions?