theavonlady

OFP Addon request thread

Is there any decent East German military units beside the one of those addons which the essentially reskins of the Soviets ?

However I know there is some vehicle addons like T-55s and MiG-29s, but I only looking for soldiers only for now.

In this mod:

http://www.flashpoint.ru/threads/real-cold-war-crisis-modpack-v-2-2.52347/page-13#post-1967399

http://cs618820.vk.me/v618820796/20cd0/UfkuMbpDQ4o.jpg (146 kB) http://cs618820.vk.me/v618820796/20cc7/TnDy8gGI4KI.jpg (148 kB)

Are there any addons that make civilians more diverse, make their behaviour more realistic and most importantly, add their own sounds?

Are there any addons that make civilians more diverse, make their behaviour more realistic and most importantly, add their own sounds?

There's civilian packs such as Dr. Pepper's civilians ( v1.0, v1.0 women, v1.1 ), Farmlands civilians ( v1.01, v2.0, v1.30 ), Philcommando civilian pack and Faceplant civilian pack. There's also several other packs with civilians like Ocean Island, Tonal/Tonal Redux (African), VTE/Jungle Fever/Unsung (Vietnam/Asian), Afghan and Arab packs and so on. As for more realistic behaviour and sounds, you'd need some scripts or mods to achieve that.

Edited by noob1

I am sorry for posting this question in a completely different place than it should be, but I have tried to create a new thread but the whole interface is utterly broken and impossible to use.

I have a really brief question that I need answered, and namely it is: Where can I find a program that is compatible with Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis/ArmA: Cold War Assault that can turn the config.bin file into a modificable version and vice versa? I am really struggling with Googling for it for a couple of hours now, and I want to disable the annoying radio voices that slow down the AI response time. I have tried using WW4 Mod's configuration file for that but it didn't work! :(

Where can I find a program that is compatible with Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis/ArmA: Cold War Assault that can turn the config.bin file into a modificable version and vice versa?

Usually I'm using this old tool, but sometimes it can produce weird results.

Can it convert config.bin into config.cpp though? Because as I look at this program, it looks like a scripting program. I remember that there was one tool that I used way back then, it was something like... BinTool? BinEdit? The icon was a white keyboard button if that rings a bell. I used it to change the config.bin many times.

If no program like that exists anymore, can somebody be a hero and link me a version of OFP's config with the radio chatter disabled?

Can it convert config.bin into config.cpp though? Because as I look at this program, it looks like a scripting program. I remember that there was one tool that I used way back then, it was something like... BinTool? BinEdit? The icon was a white keyboard button if that rings a bell. I used it to change the config.bin many times.

If no program like that exists anymore, can somebody be a hero and link me a version of OFP's config with the radio chatter disabled?

BINView...Thanks to InternetArchive link was recovered. https://web.archive.org/web/20090226194628/http://www.downloads.thechainofcommand.net/zips/CoCBinViewSetup.zip

Also see my collection of Amalfi's tools...one of the PBO tools also does unbin and there is also cpp2bin which restores file to a bin file. http://www.mediafire.com/download/3hvz8iim56us4jp/Amalfi_Tools.rar

Edited by Zulu1

Are you sure that there is a program that can open up .bin files? Because all I see are programs that are called UnPBO, and as the name says they can only find the .pbo files and not .bin files. But yes, there is a cpp2bin program there. I tried to install that BinView tool but I forgot what I am supposed to do during installation. Should I keep the files or not? The question is really poorly written so I feel like solving a riddle. x.x

Are you sure that there is a program that can open up .bin files?

Lol, yes i'm sure, i'm doing it since 2005. Not sure it can be installed on a modern system though (i keep an XP computer for ArmA:CWA modding). But you can use Mikero's elitness, it works on any modern system and is more user friendly than BinView.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Are you sure that there is a program that can open up .bin files? Because all I see are programs that are called UnPBO

BINVIEW is the best, but PBO Decryptor v1.3 also un-bins. Hit the "Open" Button, then when the window pops up go to the "Files of Type" Box and use the drop down arrow and select "OFP Binary (*.BIN)".

Both work, trust me, Like Prof T. says "i'm doing it since 2005".

Can it convert config.bin into config.cpp though? Because as I look at this program, it looks like a scripting program.

Oh sh*t... My bad, I meant Eliteness, from Mikero. If Faguss approves it, it must be good! ;)

I'm looking for two things...

1) island that has both desert and green regions

2) African rebels-militia that could simulate terrorist group Boko haram.

Any good suggestions?

I'm looking for two things...

1) island that has both desert and green regions

2) African rebels-militia that could simulate terrorist group Boko haram.

Any good suggestions?

Tonal?

Definately Tonal. Though, while the Redux version provides much better units it brings a bush-style landscape. So, if You'd like to have desert and jungle, it's better to use original Tonal islands. In other words, grab the older versions of BAS_I1.pbo, BAS_I2.pbo and BAS_O.pbo. :)

Tonal?
Definately Tonal.

Base of my pack is Tonal Redux due to good quality textures, facestex llauma heads and jam3 integration. Tonal Redux is very good mod and it's main maps will do but if someone knew good map with both green and desert... Not to mention other addons uning this specification and I mean Polish Grom by Smith & Offtime and PMC's by ardvarkdb.

If I remember there was a mod with African militants as one of the sides and some of them had turbans and scarves. Face textures were definitely basing on facestex too!

Damn I just forgotten the name of the mod and can't find on ofp.info :/ Setting of this mod was definitely African.

Edited by Sudayev

If I remember there was a mod with African militants as one of the sides and some of them had turbans and scarves. Face textures were definitely basing on facestex too!

Damn I just forgotten the name of the mod and can't find on ofp.info :/ Setting of this mod was definitely African.

Hmm... It may have been ReblMan's Iraqi Insurgents - they had scarfs and stuff, but they were surely Arabian, not African. There is also an ancient Bibmi's African Militia - IIRC this was used in original Tonal. And, naturally, there are also African/Middle-Eastern units in DMA Toyota Wars mod/addon pack. However I've got no idea if there are any working mirrors of this pack.