R3fl3x

ArmA2 / OA (low) performance issues

Hi guys,i have very strange issue with my game :( yestarday i idiot try new drivers, and the blurry issue is here, everythink looks like i have set my eyes to some postprocess very very high :) Textures are fine, but nothing is sharped :(. OK, so i get back the old one drivers, and still the same, so i try the older one, and still the same, so where is the problem? Any help or ideas? I already try all possible settings in game, nvidia control panel and nothing.If noone help ill try tommorow reinstall windows and c, if my nice graphics will be back in work.

:(

Guest General Nuisance

I really want to play "ArmA 2" as I'm very fond of the first game and of course "Operation Flashpoint". However, when I played the single-player campaign my FPS would drop to below 20 and the game would virtually become unplayable. The only solution which I found was to drop the settings to low on everything but then the graphics would became too basic and it spoiled the visual splendour of the game. Lag issues would arise when I'd travel through densely built areas. I see that tweaking certain settings can off-set the CPU load by using the GPU to carry a greater burden of the strain. Any settings which work best? I.e. shadows, terrain detail etc. Do some people here just run the game settings on low?

Thanks.

Hi guys,i have very strange issue with my game :( yestarday i idiot try new drivers, and the blurry issue is here, everythink looks like i have set my eyes to some postprocess very very high :) Textures are fine, but nothing is sharped :(. OK, so i get back the old one drivers, and still the same, so i try the older one, and still the same, so where is the problem? Any help or ideas? I already try all possible settings in game, nvidia control panel and nothing.If noone help ill try tommorow reinstall windows and c, if my nice graphics will be back in work.

:(

Don't know if you reinstalled yet. If not, try to cancel your arma2.cfg and *.armaprofile from your documents/Arma2. They should be recreating on the game restart. Try to save the old ones for a comparation if you want

Hello lads, my ArmA II has been running better since I upgraded to a GTX 460, I can play the game better, it runs smoother and can even bump up some of the settings. The only thing im having any problems with is when the game drops to say the low 20's it makes it feel laggy for example running at 35+ it feels great but when it jumps down to the low 20 fps it feels awkward

Is there anything I can change or set to make stay in the high 20's and not drop so rapidly? Ive also read through the performence threads and tried a few tweaks out, My system spec below....

Windows XP pro.

Core 2 Duo 6700 Oced to 3.2 ghz

Gigabyte GTX 460 (latest Drivers)

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR

Western Digital Black 600 gig HD

PSU Corsair TX650w

Kingston Hyper-X 4GB KIT PC2-8500

arma22010-11-1204-53-07-54.jpg

@pyle, I don't think so, your cpu dependant settings are really low as it is and the gpu should be able to cope with those settings at that resolution.

guess you could oc a bit further :)

Yeah that's what I thought, im having problems OC ing past 3.2 for some reason I should be able to get more out of it :(.

Well thank you for confirming my suspicion.

Finally I have bought OA expansion and (oh surprise!), I reach the 30FPS in every mode and with all the settings on very high (except AA medium and Anisotopic at medium too).

So there is a real improvment between the 2 games. as if OA scenario is less interesting at my opinion.

:yay:

The improvement is the island, less load for the CPU. I you play on Chernarus the frames are like before OA.

OA engine is improved over A2 engine ...

hence if You can get it and run ARMA 2: Combined Operations mode ;) to play ARMA 2 content

I noticed some kind of unsharpness of vehicles and soldiers when I play CTI(OA)

Sometimes it happen when I allready played for 30 mins with sharp vehicle textures.

Or when my soldier is in 3rd person view, when i zoom in, all the details are gone. When I go back to normal its sharp again.

Is this a server issue or a problem with my settings?

Guest General Nuisance
OA engine is improved over A2 engine ...

hence if You can get it and run ARMA 2: Combined Operations mode ;) to play ARMA 2 content

Hi Dwarden. Judging from my specs, should I be able to run "ArmA 2" quite reasonably or do I need to modify/overlclock my settings? I.e. the CPU clock speed? I suffer awful frame rates in the single-player campaign, in particular when I enter densely populated urban areas such as a city. My FPS will drop into the 15-18 range.

Here's a screenshot of my graphics settings:

arma22010111715495641.jpg

Hi Dwarden. Judging from my specs, should I be able to run "ArmA 2" quite reasonably or do I need to modify/overlclock my settings? I.e. the CPU clock speed? I suffer awful frame rates in the single-player campaign, in particular when I enter densely populated urban areas such as a city. My FPS will drop into the 15-18 range.

Here's a screenshot of my graphics settings:

arma22010111715495641.jpg

Im having same issues, with OA or ARMA2 too much LAG!!

...my graphics settings:

One, is this the Red Hammer campaign?

What are your nvidia 3D settings?

Do use the Nvidia Arma2 Profile?

And what version is your A2?

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Im having same issues, with OA or ARMA2 too much LAG!!
What are your in game settings? 3D nvidia CP settings?

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

What are your in game settings? 3D nvidia CP settings?

Yes, all settings set to very high.

Guest General Nuisance

Campaign

The campaign I'm playing is "Harvest Red".

Nvidia 3D settings

Ambient Occlusion - Off

Anisotropic filtering - Application-controlled

Antialiasing-Gamma correction - Off

Antialiasing-Mode - Application-controlled

Antialiasing-Setting - Application-controlled (it's ghosted out and I can't modify it)

Antialiasing-Transparency - Off

CUDA-GPUs - All

Maximum pre-rendered frames - 3

Multi-GPu rendering mode - Multi-GPU

Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration - Multiple display performance mode

Power management mode - Adaptive

Texture filtering-Anisotropic sample optimisation - Off

Texture filtering-Negative LOD bias - Allow

Texture filtering-Quality - Quality

Texture filtering-Trilinear optimisation - On

Threaded optimisation - Auto

Triple buffering - Off

Vertical sync - Off

Nvidia ArmA 2 profile

As for my Nvidia "ArmA 2" profile, I've only changed the settings for V-sync. Which boosted my FPS on the menu screen from a maximum of 75 FPS to a maxium of 115 FPS. However, it's not a constant 115 as it'll drops into the 80-90s then back up again.

CFG profile

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1280;

Resolution_H=1024;

refresh=75;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1280;

Render_H=1024;

FSAA=1;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=919994368;

nonlocalVRAM=1878290432;

Windowed=0;

I've set it to read-only, is that correct?

Version

My version of "ArmA 2" is 1.07.

Graphics driver

Edited by General Nuisance

Yes, all settings set to very high.
well that may be to much, but the real deal is your Resolution of your Display and 3D rez setting?

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Campaign

The campaign I'm playing is "Harvest Red".

That is ALWAYS a lag fest( well it is) Just not going to get great frames in Harvest Red, but a 4.0 CPU is a good way to push thru the city parts. Still Red Harvest isnt indicative of performance of the game. Update to 1.08, but better still get OA and patch it all up to 1.55.

"Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration - Multiple display performance mode"

your not using two displays?

"I've set it to read-only, is that correct?"

only if you want it to not change when set new ingame settings? No reason to set it to Read Only. I have done that in the past when for some odd reason it wouldnt keep my refresh-rate correct. So no let it be written to.

I find the up and down cycle of frames to be from a few apps, one is leaving your NVIDIA CP open, Everest/Logging software running during game, some over zealous AV/firewall running on high security setting.

Also make sure your running in SLI, your 295 may be only using one core?

Edited by kklownboy

Guest General Nuisance
That is ALWAYS a lag fest( well it is) Just not going to get great frames in Harvest Red, but a 4.0 CPU is a good way to push thru the city parts. Still Red Harvest isnt indicative of performance of the game. Update to 1.08, but better still get OA and patch it all up to 1.55.

That's a good point, I haven't bothered with online play or any third party maps/mods etc as I feared they would mirror my single-player campaign play. I should play online.

"Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration - Multiple display performance mode"

your not using two displays?

No, I use a single display. I did find my setting to be peculiar but I didn't want to change it in case it would mess up my game. I've changed the setting to a single display one.

I find the up and down cycle of frames to be from a few apps, one is leaving your NVIDIA CP open, Everest/Logging software running during game, some over zealous AV/firewall running on high security setting.

I have Eset's NOD32 programme running during gameplay. However, I don't like to disable it as it may leave my system vulnerable to attack.

Also make sure your running in SLI, your 295 may be only using one core?

My setting in the Nvidia control panel is set to "Multi-GPU" under "Multi-GPU rendering mode". I presume it's the setting to enable SLi?

Thank you.

i reinstall arma2 & OA; updated to patch 1.07 and 1.54; best performance ever, sad that bis downgraded this patch instead of improving it.

Edited by soldaten

Hi there,

i got weird issues since updating to 1.55

pls see this video i made:

I got the latest NVIDIA Driver and 4 GB RAM. Using Gigabyte OC Version of 460 GTX with 1GB RAM and E6600 DC on 3.2 GHz OC.

Any ideas?

I am pretty disappointed, the game went well with 1.54.

Single player same thing operation arrow head, however the game is freezing up.

Takes ages to speed up its like slow motion and in some cases crashed to desktop.

No problems before latest patch update.

I'm also having various performance issues in OA with latest 1.55 patch, will save my original config and have a mess around today as well as backtrack through the forums for a possible fix...ive gone from getting brilliant fps rates to getting in the low 20's.... basically it's not as stable as it was and the trees seem blurred/washed out when im online :S as well as small texture loading issues.

Guest General Nuisance

kklownboy - I tried an online game of warfare on the Chernarus map the other night and unfortunately the average FPS was 20-30. I couldn't get into it as the visual quality at my graphical settings isn't good enough and the on-screen speed seemed a little sluggish. I'm deeply disappointed.

Ante G., It's a known issue and you are not alone.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15073

Hopefully we'll get fix soon.

Hi,

thanks, this solved my flickering.

But the graphic errors still occur. Pls see this video, i reproduced the issue and frapped it.

It's not possible that my GC is malfunctioning, doing stability tests and stress tests did not provoke any errors:

Hi there,

i got weird issues since updating to 1.55

pls see this video i made:

I got the latest NVIDIA Driver and 4 GB RAM. Using Gigabyte OC Version of 460 GTX with 1GB RAM and E6600 DC on 3.2 GHz OC.

Any ideas?

I am pretty disappointed, the game went well with 1.54.

I have same problems after patch 1.55. I noticed longer texture and object loadings, also smaller frame per second rate. I also noticed that changing one graphic option kinda refreshes the frame rate to playable point for a minute or two, but texture and object loadings are horrible all the time.

I have Radeon HD4850, 4 GB of RAM and Core 2 Duo 2.6

It was very fine on normal with some high settings. After patch 1.55 its annoying and sometimes unplayable.

BI please help us :( !!!!