Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

Amazing Island Skira island is.

Oil, UNDER GROUND, lots of it, apparently enough for war between two allies. And it was discovered by..............ah.......-Wait wait I'll get it-.................. a few civilians of probably of lower wealth living there that ALL! own helicoptors (one hell of a sale that must have been) or sea worthy vessles on an island with very small infastructure and absolutley NO animal life whatsoever, even with the farms (Vegitarian Island?).

It is also special in that its oil will need the smallest workforce in history to build up the neccesary infastructure to then get the oil, with the same record breaking workforce, 'which is organised by Gary'.......'who'.........'you know the guy from down the pub'..........'o yess! you mean the policeman/ postman/ flower salesman'. ............ 'YESS! thats the one'

Edited by SAbre4809

Wow, good one deadfast.

I just don't see the point to why they did that. It's clearly obvious they photoshopped it. So we'll play the game like watching a movie on a tv from the 60s, like deadfast said? Eh...

I don't think it's photoshopped, look at the trailer in HD - looks the same. The grain filter is in the game, strangely :rolleyes:

Well the graphics may not be that great, but no sense writing a game off just because of that unless you're a shameless graphics whore :p

I'm still keeping an eye on it.

You can easily edit a video with the same effect.

Amazing Island Skira island is.

Oil, UNDER GROUND, lots of it, apparently enough for war between two allies. And it was discovered by..............ah.......-Wait wait I'll get it-.................. a few civilians of probably of lower wealth living there that ALL! own helicoptors (one hell of a sale that must have been) or sea worthy vessles on an island with very small infastructure and absolutley NO animal life whatsoever, even with the farms (Vegitarian Island?).

It is also special in that its oil will need the smallest workforce in history to build up the neccesary infastructure to then get the oil, with the same record breaking workforce, 'which is organised by Gary'.......'who'.........'you know the guy from down the pub'..........'o yess! you mean the policeman/ postman/ flower salesman'. ............ 'YESS! thats the one'

You know this sarcasm is becoming tiresome now, its not clever sorry. :icon_rolleyes:

Plus you’re totally wrong on much of what you say, if you actually read the plot you would know that.

If you have a problem with OFP: DR fine but don’t post unless you’re going to contribute something, even if it’s a harsh opinion I don’t mind, just something decent.

You know this sarcasm is becoming tiresome now, its not clever sorry. :icon_rolleyes:

Plus you’re totally wrong on much of what you say, if you actually read the plot you would know that.

If you have a problem with OFP: DR fine but don’t post unless you’re going to contribute something, even if it’s a harsh opinion I don’t mind, just something decent.

I highly agree with you, seriously i can think of a million things to be sarcastic about Arma2 about. But you dont see me posting in the Arma section,

"hmm i forgot the Armies of the world use weapons with not moving parts whatsoever"

So i suggest we get back on topic in that we a are getting some new media footage of OFP:DR ,

Personally im liking the shape of OFP:DR, sure its not graphically as advanced as arma (judging by the screenshots), but that's second nature to game play and immersion in my opinion.

I still cant get enough of those Artillery explosions, - and Did i get a hint of the possible weapon sounds from close and afar in that video? If so they sounds very impressive.

Congrats CM, keep up the competition

Edited by Sugz

I hate those explosions effect, IMO they are too over done which makes every artillery rounds looks like a 500pdr, and the numbers of debris created after AT payload impact are just too much, makes me think they are hitted by roadside IED instead.

I don't know about everyone else here, but CM keeps letting me down.

After watching them restart the game twice, and only giving "real" updates every 6 months has become tiresome.

I remember the QC 2007 teaser,

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/901430/operation-flashpoint-2/videos/operationfp_teaser_082207.html

then the "All Out War" trailer,

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/901430/operation-flashpoint-2/videos/OFP2_FMV_070908.html

now we have the newest video, and it seems to have gone back wards.

Thats what pisses me off on these games. They show thing that we will never see in game. For me thats just fake publicity. Really a shame when it happens.

Maybe with time my opinion changes, but at the moment my feeling about Dragon Rice is very negative.

Well OFP: DR is really the only option for me. Since in Australia /New Zealand area Arma was very unpopular and had like a community of maybe a bit over 100 apparently. Compared to other games here which have thousands of players.

I can see OFP: DR is gona be a big hit in Australia, since boxes are already being displayed on shelves, and the games not coming out for ages. Arma2 is coming out soon but no marketing/promotion is being done for it. Its always OFP: DR this, OFP: DR that...

I dont care if Arma2 is a bit more realistic, but id rather play a mil sim with a large community than one with a small community (which means little competition etc).

The artillery looks really nice in OFP: DR, thats for sure. Looks like Arma2 has better graphics by a touch at this point (thanks to that track ir arma2 vid, which looks awesome). But im hoping we get a really nice OFP: DR vid closer to release. The Arma2 videos looked terrible and then that track ir video popped up by some dude and it looked awesome.

But yeah, cant really compare yet. Dont have much quality actual gameplay movies from a soldiers POV yet n stuff.

The Arma2 videos looked terrible...

They did?

I don't recall any of the faction videos looking bad.

Ok they looked decent, but that track ir thing was really good compared to them.

I wouldn't say the the graphics in ArmA2 are better by a touch, but just better. That's just my opinion though, I don't like the grain filter that comes with all the brown. Some of the models also remind me too much of BF2. But eh, I'll wait for the demo if anything.

Well hopefully when CM release some decent footage we can compare properly. OFP: DR got delayed again so they got ages to work on the game. But just looking at some of the ingame shots at start of EGO tech trailor, i really like the graphics. So meh. There too many bad OFP: DR movies around.

But yeah its a 2009 game and its being made by a big game company. Its kinda a given that the graphics will be good.

I understand CM's art direction, but ARMA2's graphics are better. DR might run and look better on lower-end machines, which could be the crux. One thing that people may remember from ARMA2's development is that in DR, the grass distance is very short. Also, until we get a HD video of actual gameplay will we be able to judge the graphics in motion. Small/poor quality videos make the game look better than it actually does by hiding all the imperfections, if you get my meaning.

Just saw the latest video of FP:DR and noticed the grass also.... it looks crap!

Seems the grass draw distance is like 20 meters... anything further than that is simply plain looking ground? This would ruin the camouflage that grass can give and the atmosphere of the game, I would hate to be walking or driving and seeing this grass appear constantly infront of me!

It might have been console footage.. hopefully a decent PC does not have this!

Can anyone comment on ARMA2, it doesnt have this short grass?

I really don't appreciate the fog that is set 20-30 meters away blocking the view. And yes the grass is pretty awful.

I resonate the need to see actual gameplay before I can base a better opinion.

In all the honesty I dont want to bash OFP: DR, it isnt that horrible, it just not living up to what it should be. So I consider Arma 2 better. But arma 2 looks more appealing to me personally. I just got arma 1 from a friend and so far it's been total poop to me - it took me hours to get it to work on the first place (the 4 GB RAM issue), and then it turned out to be so weird because I would lose all my squad members within minutes, as in I won't be able to see them and I'd be looking for them for ages only to find a dead body, eventually. I can't get past the first checkpoint. I also can't run it on everything maxed out for some reason, and I have a GTX 260. I figured it would go well like that.

So I hope Arma 2 is better optimized and organized. DR will surely be optimized, and I think it'll be organized enough - I doubt your squad members are gonna wander away by themselves like that.

Anyway, I'll go try arma again.

I also can't run it on everything maxed out for some reason, and I have a GTX 260.

I can never really empathize with people who write off a game (whether it be ArmA or otherwise) as having poor performance because it doesnt run fast when they max it out... ArmA is always going to be a more demanding game because of the sheer scale that is involved. If it doesn't run on max settings, turn it down to something that isn't quite max. I run it on High to Very high settings on a rather modest PC (Athlon X2, 4GB RAM, 9600GT) and I never have performance hiccups. Now if you had to turn it down to the lowest of low settings to get it running on a normal PC, then it would be fair to say that it's a badly designed game. But that is not the case, especially with the newer patches.

Also, ArmA is very demanding of the CPU, especially at high view distances and around coastal areas. Most likely the CPU is the bottleneck in this scenario.

You would rather have BIS limiting the max view distance to 1 km so you could run the game maxed out ? :confused:

The artillery looks really nice in OFP: DR,

The artillery looks like crap judging by the most recent video. Sorry, but it looks like a CoD or BF 2 copy/paste job, and looks like it's meant to please the Hollywood crowd.

The artillery looks like crap judging by the most recent video. Sorry, but it looks like a CoD or BF 2 copy/paste job, and looks like it's meant to please the Hollywood crowd.

Yeah I'd have to agree with that statement... looks pretty lame to be honest. The BIS artillery isn't that fantastic either (at least in Arma1) but say that OFP: DR artillery looks good is.... :rolleyes:

Interesting to see how graphics have changed over the years, AlexVestin at OFP: DR forums posted a comparison or OFP: CWC and OFP: DR graphics.

Amazing how big the graphics jump has been over the years. Can only imagine what it will be like in 10 years.

OFP: DR

helolove.jpgkanadensare.jpg

OFP: CWC

OFP: DR

trekant.jpgkvistar.jpg

OFP: CWC

Nice improvement in the sequel.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352839

Edited by boomar.

I would argue your usage of the word "sequel", when all they have is the name.

With that said, I must say I prefer the natural and realistic light in OFP than the high contrast and bloom in Dragon Rising.

If you compare OFP:CWC with DR you might as well compare BF1942 with CoD2. Thats how much they have in common except for the name.