FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

It's a console port, perhaps it will have a cover system of somekind instead.

A 3rd person cover system like R6 Vegas? Oh hell no, that'll ruin it :butbut:

To be honest I wouldn't miss lean much. Played the original OFP without it after all.

Face it, there are so many things OFP2 doesn't have that ArmA 2 has. But on the other hand, OFP2 is a simpler game that appeals more to the mainstream without being as ridiculously unrealistic as games like BF2 or COD.

I just see it as a fun war game with a good amount of realism. It's no competition for ArmA 2, but it could still be fun to play if they don't screw it up.

I just see it as a fun war game with a good amount of realism. It's no competition for ArmA 2, but it could still be fun to play if they don't screw it up.

thx to write this; this is the point of view that I have since the beginning. but with my crappy english, this was not easy to explain :p

A 3rd person cover system like R6 Vegas? Oh hell no, that'll ruin it :butbut:

To be honest I wouldn't miss lean much. Played the original OFP without it after all.

Face it, there are so many things OFP2 doesn't have that ArmA 2 has. But on the other hand, OFP2 is a simpler game that appeals more to the mainstream without being as ridiculously unrealistic as games like BF2 or COD.

I played through Vegas 1&2 without leaning, (I didn't use the gayboy cover system obviously).

It's a bit backward but the game is still playable.

Sorry for being ignorant, but what is a 'cover system'?

Thanks SniperWolf572, it makes sense now. Not that it's a bad thing, but doesn't look as flexible as finding cover yourself behind anything, that you can lean out from. Hard to say since that was in 3rd person perspective. Had a bit of a laugh with the similarities between OFP:DR and that vid... The exploding barrels everywhere. (I know, I know, they will be located in reasonable areas, been stated)

Edited by Scrub

Sorry for being ignorant, but what is a 'cover system'?

OMG damn call of duty. I got bored of cod4 after a month. OFP2 prolly came second since others were quite meh.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360189

Codemasters should be embarrased. They don't release proper gameplay footage but

pre-rendered videos to create hype. No wonder since when they do release gameplay videos it doesn't look good.

Just to make one thing clear: This has neither been released by codemaster (it's a leaked target-render footage), nor is it any kind of way a recent document. It's CGI from early on (I'd guess 2006 or before) and has only caught so much recent attention because it'snt been seen.

Just to make one thing clear: This has neither been released by codemaster (it's a leaked target-render footage), nor is it any kind of way a recent document. It's CGI from early on (I'd guess 2006 or before) and has only caught so much recent attention because it'snt been seen.

2006? That's a CGI created for GC 2008.

2006? That's a CGI created for GC 2008.

How do you know?

How do you know?

Helios said at DR forums when the footage came out?

Ok, I believe you. Then what I thought that it is, is likely wrong.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist :D:

I watched the clip without sound so I didn't hear what the dude was saying. Instead I placed my attention on the dude himself, who, after he got shot in the face, had wounded legs... :p

I watched the clip without sound so I didn't hear what the dude was saying. Instead I placed my attention on the dude himself, who, after he got shot in the face, had wounded legs... :p

I think that happened because he had to make it possible for the unit to still say what he said. Shooting him in the face would have killed him and removed the possibility of doing what MadDogX did. I think he had a script that when the unit was killed set his damage to less than 1 which, even if he was shot in the face, would have put damage to other areas of the body. You can tell because direct headshots in both ArmA and ArmA II have different wound textures than the one he has on his face.

Usually when someone is shot in the head in ArmA, a piece of their face comes off.

I think he had a script that when the unit was killed set his damage to less than 1 which, even if he was shot in the face, would have put damage to other areas of the body. You can tell because direct headshots in both ArmA and ArmA II have different wound textures than the one he has on his face.

Not 100% correct, but close.

It set allowDamage false on the unit so he couldn't die. Then I simply added a "fired" event handler to myself that made the other unit suffer 0.8 damage and play a death animation as soon as I fired my shot - essentially faking his death. :)

Not 100% correct, but close.

It set allowDamage false on the unit so he couldn't die. Then I simply added a "fired" event handler to myself that made the other unit suffer 0.8 damage and play a death animation as soon as I fired my shot - essentially faking his death. :)

Apart from the whole still-blinking thing. :p

Apart from the whole still-blinking thing. :p

Well, of course he was still blinking! A headshot is nothing serious, after all. He was just bleeding badly...

:D :D

We may need T-shirts next.

Or better yet, baseball caps...

:D :D

We may need T-shirts next.

Or better yet, baseball caps...

T-shirts [out now]. The baseball caps would make the risk of someone throwing something against your noggin too great, which is indeed nothing serious , but makes you bleeding badly :butbut:

T-shirts [out now]. The baseball caps would make the risk of someone throwing something against your noggin too great, which is indeed nothing serious , but makes you bleeding badly :butbut:

Lol @ shirt :D

I would buy that shirt.