vilas

VILAS addons release thread

Banderas - so it would mean that M4SD is "game fantasy"

Well I wouldn't say that particularly, just that there might be a reason why the US armed forces don't have a subsonic version of 5,56 mm round in service. And I suppose special forces doesn't have much problem to get non-standard ammo, but some expert could tell more about it.

Anyway I found something about a 5,56x45mm "Whisperload" ammo, but only some pictures and nothing concrete about it yet.

And as far as I know supressors in the first place are not intended to make the weapons "unhearable" (from some distance cycling bolt mechanism can be heard anyway), but rather to change the sound of the shot, so it is not recognized as a "shot" at the first time by the enemy.

Edit: here's a video about some subsonic ammo in testing

http://www.ebr-inc.net/556Subsonic.html

Edited by Banderas

VILAS the information for Discussions

Sights widely used by the Russian army and spetsnaz:

Sight 1P29: AK74M, AN94, RPK74M, PKM, Petcheneg

Nit-A: AKS-74UN

PK-A/PK-01/PK-07: AKMSN, AK-74M, RPK-74, VAL, VEPR, AN94, VSS, 9A-91, AEK971 (AN94 and AEK971 basically are used only with sights)

PK-G is unique of the existing sights, providing an opportunity of an aiming in darkness in a combination to glasses of night vision of 2-nd and 3-rd generation. It is used with disposable and usual RPG-7.

The sight " day - night " Pond - 4 Is intended for conducting effective shooting on the big distances from the weapon such as AK-74N, SVD

Night vision PNV-17: AKMSN, AK-74M, RPG-7

http://www.pritsel.ru/index.php?categoryID=11

Banderas tactical suppressor, he is intended for distortion of a sound field In back and forward hemisphere and absence of a flame at a shot, also does not worsen strongly ballistics of a bullet. 5.56 subsonic has very bad ballistics and it is useful only on very short distances. Imagine 5.56 x45=290m/s(9X18 PM=340m/s Speed of a sound makes 331.46 m/s ):-) effective enough subsonic should be not less 9mm because weight has crucial importance.

Edited by zoldatpizdat

@vilas

1) Ok, I thought it would be something like that... I guess I could write a little script that lets you use all these ammo types with any RPG7-x launcher.

2) Interesting. Thanks for the link! Maybe I'll do some Hungarian or Romanian reskins when I have the time...

D.

Today i re-downloaded was your modern pack beta.

I had a look at the readme and when i saw AEK973 i had a hick! false alarm...

Btw i Saw the new AK103, amazing animation but i think i have an issue with it.

This is a command for a VDV Gorka unit to change the gear:

this removeWeapon "AKS_74_kobra"; this addWeapon "VIL_VAL"; this removeMagazines "30Rnd_545x39_AK"; this addMagazine "VIL_20Rnd_9x39_SP6_VAL"; this addMagazine "VIL_20Rnd_9x39_SP6_VAL"; this addMagazine "VIL_20Rnd_9x39_SP6_VAL"; this addMagazine "VIL_20Rnd_9x39_SP6_VAL"; this addMagazine "VIL_20Rnd_9x39_SP6_VAL"; this removeMagazines "RPG18"; this removeWeapon "RPG18";

Seems like the "VAL ironsight" is not working with its own ammo. No problems instead with Nightsight version...have i found a bug or i'm the idiot :D ?

to dimitri and vilas:didnt find any rpt,neither on a2otherprof neither on a2mainfolder...xp here.I tested a bit more and I got still a ctd without error messages if I put together tarpan and star in editor,the rest of the stuff works good....do you think a fresh reinstall can help?also I must tell you vilas,your files are hard to dl for me idk why,I got tons of addons from armaholic and armedassaultinfo and it happens only from yours(slow irritating dl).also I want to request an additional pack with grom sf,cos I saw a pic on a journal here in italy with awesome pol units of this group(one of the best sf in the world)

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

and I remark your stuff is fucking good

regarding GROM - YAC will release it

we divided like this: i do "usual army" he does "special forces"

so GROM will be released but by YAC

Polish pack is also under development

dana_wip1.jpg

dana_wip2.jpg

dana_wip3.jpg

dana_wip4.jpg

DANA 152mm in early stage

but of course first i must finish Russian Wepons pack before getting in new models

i will rebinarise Tarpan Honker and STAR truck again doing update of Polish troops addon (2 weeks) maybe then problems will disappear

and now back to Russian weapons discussion

okay, so :

arming AEK and AN, RPK74M, PK with 1P29 (now only AK74M has it)

arming AK74M with PK-A (scope not done yet) and maybe 2-3 other weapons

thicker barrel to PKP

waiting for RPG29 anim from Russian community

VILAS THANK!!!! I WAIT YOURS mod !!!

Probably I start to become impudent but I want to ask probably in the future you will make " the Sight sniper machine-gun " SPP (10P50) he was created specially for KORD?

AK-9 (9X39mm) This simple and cheap rifle is created what to remove a problem of bad ballistics subsonic 5.45x39 in the Russian army;)

And to replace ASVK on really used in the Russian army KSVK?

Then you mod begins Full Final Version!!!

And idea, it is possible to make the European mercenaries and they can give any rare, modern weapon (CZ858-Tactical, AMD65ACR2, AMD65Comp, AK107, AK74M+Eotetch.......) I think many dream of it :yay:

Question, How to place here a photo??

Edited by zoldatpizdat

http://www.armyrecognition.com/europe/Tchecoslovaquie/vehicule_artillerie/Dana/Dana_Tchecoslovaquie_description.htm

someone knows French ?

what is degree of turret turn ?

cause i doubt 360 degrees with 152mm recoil

and (as i am not native speaker)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/152mm_SpGH_DANA

is "traverse" means left/right turret turn ?

http://www.armyrecognition.com/europe/Tchecoslovaquie/vehicule_artillerie/Dana/Dana_Tchecoslovaquie_description.htm

someone knows French ?

what is degree of turret turn ?

cause i doubt 360 degrees with 152mm recoil

and (as i am not native speaker)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/152mm_SpGH_DANA

From the link:

La tourelle a une mobilité limitée et ne pointe en azimut que sur 30° ou 40° à droite comme à gauche.
I believe this means the turret can only turn 40° left or right (80° forward firing arc?) and 30° vertical/up. :)

EDIT: Google translate confirms.

EDIT2: Although I am unsure whether the "40° left or right" is supposed to be "40° respectively" or 40° total. So it could be a 40° forward arc. Not sure.

Edited by MadDogX

Yes.

BTW, russian version of wiki Dana page states that it has 225 deg forward firing arc (not 80).

hi vilas, love your Russian weapons pack,

just wondering if you are going to improve the pk belt animation in the next release

other than that, its the best russian weapons pack atm

thanks

no yet tried ..it says I need a special program I dont have...

Thanks for info about scopes Vilas nice choice.

and now back to Russian weapons discussion

okay, so :

arming AEK and AN, RPK74M, PK with 1P29 (now only AK74M has it)

arming AK74M with PK-A (scope not done yet) and maybe 2-3 other weapons

thicker barrel to PKP

waiting for RPG29 anim from Russian community

Will you include also "no scope" versions i hope. I'm asking because i'm planning a GRU campaign and many screens i acquired shows that many operatives are not so in line with other special forces and use for example many 74N and 103 without anything. Those along with VAL, still no scope and VSSs, but always, or quite always with a GP. Given this here's my question.

Edited by caprera

caprera

do not torment VILAS he and so already has much enough made in it MOD!

" with other special forces and use for example many 74N without anything." This statement is silly:butbut:

AK74N It is made specially for the assistant to the sniper or for night application. At a factory by results of test shooting Are selected, rifles having the best accuracy (In 70-80s to attach the plate, but now the plate is on all AKs)

AK74N Night has in complete set NSPU and AK74N assistant to the sniper has PSO, NSPU and the short Magazines.

To use sniper AK74N without a sight silly because anyone modern AK has a plate for installation of a sight.

Those rifles not 74N but 74M!!!!

Edited by zoldatpizdat

I just asked a confirmation...and you start with a poem about it...

You got PM dude

Edited by caprera

pk_a.jpg

PK-A (Russian Aimpoint) was easy job

i wonder on which put it on ?

AK105, AK74M, AEK probably will be enough

PK-A (Russian Aimpoint) was easy job

i wonder on which put it on ?

Easy?! ^^ It's art. By the way AK-74M/AK-105/AEK, it's enough for my part.

Keep this way, you are one of the best addon maker. Have you a coordination with RHS? I mean it would be bad if RHS make their own weapons pack instead to work on other project 'cause you and RHS can give the best for Russian side.

PS: if you want a french translation, I'm here and always happy to help. :)

Edited by Shrademn'Yyhrs

appropriate selection to me ;)

Have you a coordination with RHS? I mean it would be bad if RHS make their own weapons pack instead to work on other project cause you and RHS can give the best for Russian side.

That's a good point !

RHS - it is not up to me, probably mod has their own modeller and such person would not be happy to see his work replaced

like i was not happy in 2008 in P85 when i had offer to replace my own job

so it is up to RHS decision , and whatever they will do, they will do because of respect of their own job and time they spent making their models