vilas

VILAS addons release thread

Well, ArmA2 tanks are crap... its an engine thing I think. If you can take out MBTs using RPG7Vs, its anything but realistic... you guys tried your best, no need to feel so worn out and bad. :)

Hey comrade, I would like to mention some bugs, and a request.

Bug 1. On the P_85 Landrover's The speedometer increases backwards?

Example:

20 \ 90

10 \ 100

It adds backwards like the 100 is ten should be other way.

Bug 2. Some cars steering wheels seem to spin upwards and downwards instead of side to side, so the steering wheel does backflips lol.

Bug 3. The FIAT's Bumper and windows deform from car when car is shot.

And the request I have is: I got ur vilas_aks File and it adds a lot of Kalashnikovs (my favorite weapons ever), But I was kind of confused on why there was no ammo box containing the new guns? all there were was Tester npcs. And also another thing, the SKS is not in any ammo boxes I noticed when playing this awesome mod. So if you can, could you make a box containing all of the Kalashnikovs, russian guns, ak variants etc. and sks in one ammo box? I suck at coding and scripting on all games :( . Id much appreciate it man!

Also I have a non-related bug, I cant get in any offroad pickups or pickups gunner seat with pkm etc?? Looked everywhere, i re-installed twice and patched to 1.5 and it didnt fix it : ( so if anyone has a file they can upload or know how to fix it can you please tell me? Im trying to make a Chechnya Mission and those trucks are needed : ( .

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Well, ArmA2 tanks are crap... its an engine thing I think. If you can take out MBTs using RPG7Vs, its anything but realistic... you guys tried your best, no need to feel so worn out and bad. :)

Sorry for double post but i saw this right after i posted last thing, Technically you can take out a MBT with a RPG-7V, it has been done before, A RPG-7 has multiple warheads made to pierce and detonate thicker and thinner armor, Not saying one rocket will blow it up completely but one rocket to the tracks and one rocket to the Top turret and its finished.

@USSR, yes, RPG7VR tandem warheads can do that with a dozen hits, not a RPG7V. :) 7Vs would more likely bounce off the armor..hahaha In fact, half a dozen 7Vs has been reported in Iraq bounce off or explode harmlessly on an armored humvee. In arma2, I go around with 3 RPG7Vs like I am some dangerous tank buster! hahahaha

@USSR, yes, RPG7VR tandem warheads can do that with a dozen hits, not a RPG7V. :) 7Vs would more likely bounce off the armor..hahaha In fact, half a dozen 7Vs has been reported in Iraq bounce off or explode harmlessly on an armored humvee. In arma2, I go around with 3 RPG7Vs like I am some dangerous tank buster! hahahaha

Yeah the lack of realisic armour values is quite annoying. The hitpoint system is a horrible way to represent armoured vehicles.

Tanks can take a beating, and kinetic rounds ect. often glance off without causeing harm. Then you have wire caging that disrupts shape charges like HEAT shells and rocket propelled Grenades ect. Or ceramic plating disrupts shape charges as well.

DU plating in Abrams renders all but the best of kinetic penetrators useless frontally.

The ACE system did do a better job though, its a vast improvment. Different parts can take damage or none at all depending on range and angle ect. They have crew protection systems and different crew members can be injured or killed "spal" effect.

Sometimes you can hit the fuel or ammunition, or sometimes they just gets knocked out and don't go boom at all.

This is what I would love to see with Vilas nice vehicles. ARMA 2 just has soo much potential its just a shame that there is so much fragmentation between mods sometimes.

Edited by TristanYockell

On the P_85 Landrover's The speedometer increases backwards?

Aye, I noticed that too. Not only on the Landrover, but on most cars.

AmmoBoxes: I got the feeling that they will be added soon :)

its just a shame that there is so much fragmentation between mods sometimes.

too true. Just look at the usal WW2 drama that is unfolding for the third time... Dozens of none-compatible WW2 mods are being created, most of them creating the same stuff thrice. :(

---------

EDIT:

Some people will be very pleased to see this :) :

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc-kT0WDxEU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc-kT0WDxEU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have succeeded to get M109, 2s1 and 2s7 FULLY functional with the Arty module. REALLY this time. Works for AI as well, as you can see. Also, there is no longer any workaround needed - the Arty pieces fire their own ammo.

I guess this fix (along with some others) will be incorporated into P'85 soon.

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Dimitri, thank you once more time!

and "i say it again" © :) it is very sad, because of past conflicts community "in present" have neither russian modern weapons, nor lot of good rus vehicles in ACE2. and now no functioning self-propelled arty for both sides.

The fragmentation of communities is true...sigh... can't help it. Let the best of them shine through. :)

and ACE... i had in P85 Zguba for half year, i asked him many times for simple script, he done nothing, single easiest thing, script for random appearing of "tank fuels, skirts" on BMP2D, T80...

half year i was waiting and asking for script for P85 and...

1. I wasn't representing ACE in P85.

2. I'm not working on WIP-all-the-time stuff, with little to none internal changelog. Your cfgs are Augean stable, it's impossible to be sorted out by single worker in any time without version control system. I have sent You my previous work and You did not even looked at it, now you're blaming me for not helping You later (and I said what I would need, You did not contacted me after that) - sorry, it's not the way I understand teamwork.

Edited by zGuba

i believe, Vilas doesn't care much if his work will be in ACE2 or not. He makes addons for fun. and his work is needed by many other mods.

and of course ACE2 is self-sufficient too.

what is the reason to blame each other again? guys, why don't you understand, that the only who suffers of this situation is A2 gaming community. if you modding for some own reasons - i`ll shut up, but if you doing your mods for community - i just dont undestand such inflexible position of ACE2 team.

sorry for my English.

i believe, Vilas doesn't care much if his work will be in ACE2 or not. He makes addons for fun. and his work is needed by many other mods.

what is the reason to blame each other again? guys, why don't you understand, that the only who suffers of this situation is A2 gaming community. if you modding for some own reasons - i`ll shut up, but if you doing your mods for community - i just dont undestand such inflexible position of ACE2 team.

sorry for my English.

Yeah I'm not blaming anyone, people have they're reasons. It's just a shame when someone puts out such quality work like p85 and there are known realism abilities "ACE 2" and the two just can't come together and be something amazing.

It is a large task, and I'm going to continue to try to learn config files ect. Maybe sometime I will be able to merge over his content to the better systems. We will see, wish me luck. Right now I just have alot of homework to do, ARMA 2 modding is complex. I'm only use to modding STALKER .

tanks properties will be changed later, now i must finish east weapons pack (today Denorc found wrong details on RPK barrel, now barrel is changed) so it is all w.i.p. yet

as models will be accepted by Russian community - pack will be "finalized", all boxes will be very soon , config is made by Dmitri, but now i focused on some minor model differences from realism

tanks will be later fixed by people who have skills to do it if it require special things in cfg_models for example

not all at one time, i am just one man ;)

Dmitri also has family life, so we all have a lot of real-life work

but it will be changed, if people who made T72 pack will have time and will to help, i'm sure such properties can be added here too for T64, T80 etc.

Edited by vilas

Did You tried these classes? I mean, did You add these weapons to any unit using removeallweapons and addmagazine\addweapon?

I suck at scripting etc, is it possible for me to easily put all those guns in one ammo box? if so what programs do i need to go so

You should be able to access these weapons in ArmA 2 Armory. Maybe You'll have to unlock it first (by cheat for example), but that's the easiest way.

Other (standard) way is just rearming one of editor units. You go to the editor, set up a single unit, and paste something like this into init line:

removeallweapons this;this addmagazine "needed_magazine_class";this addmagazine "needed_magazine_class";this addmagazine "needed_magazine_class";this addmagazine "needed_magazine_class";this addweapon "desired_weapon";

where "needed_magazine_class" & "desired_weapon" You set the weapon and magazine class from the txt You gave. Then ok, and preview. You're gonna have a loaded weapon + 3 spare magazines. Good luck & Have fun ;)

USSRSpetsnaza - this addon of Russian weapons was made mostly for other addonmakers (unit making) , but of course there will be boxes soon, there will be some weaponholders units as OMON for example (BIS recolored TIGR camo)

now "tester" classes are :

east(or Russian) depending how your game show it

east > vilas weapons > tester (AK, OC....)

sorry for my English.

It is something between Vilas and the ACE team, and it has nothing to do with anyone else.

Vilas doesn't seem to agree to that and likes to include everyone into a mudfight, that is his choice.

If you want to use Vilas addons with A.C.E. Mod, there is simply nothing stopping you from doing so,

so there is IMO not even a point of discussion; all that time you invest writing that post, you could've been playing Vilas addons with ACE. :yay:

Please respect the situation, and leave it alone.

Edited by Sickboy

Dmitrii has fixed some issues in P85 config:

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/p85_config_a.7z

all thanx to him :) arty-module and some bugs

I'm pleased if I could help :)

p85_config 2001-06-01 version

Here's some kind of changelog:

p85_config 2001-06-01 version:

- Many missing faction entries added. Now, all units, vehicles and weapons are in their correct categories in the editor.

- MG 42/59: Wrong model association corrected

- Soviet AT assisstant: now carries p85_PG7VPSO instead of p85_PG7V, so he can actually reload the AT soldiers weapon (who has an RPG7PSO)

- artillery module now fully functional with 2s7, 2s1 and M109. REALLY this time - for AI too, and with the proper ammo.

- M109: changed barrel elevation to match the M109 of the US vehicle pack.

- M113 and Bradley versions: changed a buggy reference to a magazine 'HandGrenadeTimed' to working magazine 'P85_HandGM67' (transported magazines)

-

On P'85 and ARTY module: as stated in the readme supplied with the config, missions makers have to set a certain array to enable the new artillery pieces in their missions. Just set the array before you call any strikes:

BIS_ARTY_ORDTYPES =         [ ["M119", "HE",    "ARTY_30Rnd_105mmHE_M119"],
                             ["M119", "WP",    "ARTY_30Rnd_105mmWP_M119"],
                             ["M119", "SADARM","ARTY_30Rnd_105mmSADARM_M119"],
                             ["M119", "LASER", "ARTY_30Rnd_105mmLASER_M119"],
                             ["M119", "ILLUM", "ARTY_30Rnd_105mmILLUM_M119"],
                             ["M119", "SMOKE", "ARTY_30Rnd_105mmSMOKE_M119"],
                             ["D30",  "HE",    "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmHE_D30"],
                             ["D30",  "WP",    "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmWP_D30"],
                             ["D30",  "SADARM","ARTY_30Rnd_122mmSADARM_D30"],
                             ["D30",  "LASER", "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmLASER_D30"],
                             ["D30",  "ILLUM", "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmILLUM_D30"],
                             ["D30",  "SMOKE", "ARTY_30Rnd_122mmSMOKE_D30"],
                             ["M256", "HE",    "20Rnd_120mmHE_M1A2"],
                             ["D81",  "HE",    "22Rnd_125mmHE_T72"],
                             ["GRAD", "HE",    "ARTY_40Rnd_120mmHE_BM21"],
                             ["M252", "HE",    "ARTY_8Rnd_81mmHE_M252"],
                             ["M252", "WP",    "ARTY_8Rnd_81mmWP_M252"],
                             ["M252", "ILLUM", "ARTY_8Rnd_81mmILLUM_M252"],                              
                             ["2B14", "HE",    "ARTY_8Rnd_82mmHE_2B14"],
                             ["2B14", "WP",    "ARTY_8Rnd_82mmWP_2B14"],
                             ["2B14", "ILLUM", "ARTY_8Rnd_82mmILLUM_2B14"],
                             ["MLRS", "HE",    "ARTY_12Rnd_227mmHE_M270"],
                             ["MLRS", "LASER", "ARTY_12Rnd_227mmHE_M270"],
                             ["p85_GV_2A31", "HE", "p85_GVmag_HE"],
                             ["p85_PN_2A44", "HE",    "p85_PNmag_HE"],
                             ["p85_PAL_155", "HE", "p85_PALmag_HE"]
                           ];

You will see that the new artillery weapons have been added at the bottom. I tried this before, but I made the mistake of adding the vehicle class names instead of the weapon class names. The BIS names are a bit confusing... But now erverything's fine :)

Thanks again to Vilas for all these great models.

Have fun!

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Time for a "Can't we all get along?" moment.

It's true that individuals don't always agree. Opinions are welcome as long as the dialog is respectful between all parties.

On the ACE thread you will not see us bashing ANY other mod maker and certainly would admonish anyone who did make such a posting there. We've done huge amounts of work to make our system much more compatable with other mods and welcome collaborations like we did with Fromz.

If some of the bad blood would be set aside, then progress could be made. You folks are proud of your models, ACE folks have pride in theirs also. It's your call if you want to improve the situation.

Ok, right, but here now we were discussing stuff related to this mod only. You came back here to revamp this "flame". It's not up to me to talk but i'm really interested in this as i tried to help Vilas and in a previous post i already asked to stay on topic.

Sorry for offtopic, but showing willingness to improve relations is not necessarily "revamping the flames" in my opinion. Offtopic off, sorry again.

You're right but that's supposed to be done privately by those directly interested in it.

There's not a "Vilas team" we are part of, and this is not "our" mod discussion thread.

If progress for this problem must be made then it should be by PM. Here is the space for VIlas to show his work. We have gone a little out of topic before as this matter showed up, ok but now we were goign back on track...