vilas

VILAS addons release thread

first of all i don't know Rellikki addon is reskin or nnot, if yes, than BIS shape of helmet in A1 and A2 is probably the same and it is not 68 shape

first when you asked me to give you MLODs of P85 to "improve, change gear" i had no idea what you want

when i saw your post at Binkowski topic "what is OMON" than i thought to myself "what kind of guy, he has no idea what is OMON and he want to change gear, equipment of Project 85 mod, made with RHS, made with consult of many native Russians which consulted smallest details?"

after my refusal of giving MLODs you wrote as your reaction that CWR is most realistic mod, and now you wanna suggest to change more realistic shape (consulted with Russians) with BIS element ?

whole process of development of those units was over year with many people

even if BIS changed shape of helmet for Arma2 - MLODs are not released

Poorman, what I asked for just to make it better as I told you. Do you really think your P85 is the perfect stuff to show what soviet army and in that case you won't make any updation on you current Mod? Actually, no matter the model itself and the kits and more other things, still need big improving. If you don't take the suggestions, it doesn't matter since it's not my stuff. You could only keep it as what it looks like now. When CWR and other guys release their Mods of Cold War theme, we could see whether that one is perfect.

hah:

- what is OMON ?

- CWR not aims in realism, but aims in OFP , CWR is not realistic because OFP was not realistic (RPG75 is Czech weapon, not used by USSR, T72 in OFP was Czech version, BMP Ambulance is Czech vehicle, not Soviet, AK has no burst, Carl Gustav is not guided, model of so called AT-4 is in fact flame thrower, Abrams in 1985 uses 105mm ammo, Bradley used in OFP was named wrongly, crew was not using XM-177 but Greasegun, etc. etc. etc. ) CWR is "OFP back", not "cold war mod"

few hours after my refusal to give P85 MLODS on CWR topic "It's the most realistic and only Mod for 85 era to be expected! "

- i don't take what suggestions ? to change gear of realistically made Soviets (with RHS and many Russians consultations) with suggestions of someone who has no idea what is OMON ?

what you wanted to change, when you wanted my MLODs?

you haven't told, instead you told you don't want "to kid with me anymore"

what need improving if it is realistic and gets many good opinions in very skeptic Flashpoint.Ru community ?

you are teenager from England or US and you know Warsaw Pact gear better than 34 years Russians, Russians who asked their fathers serving in Afgan 80-88 war ?

you know East German gear better than East-Germans from Project 85 and people from NVA forum ?

you know better Polish gear for soldiers than me and other Poles ?

Soviet gear was consulted with many Russians and many many Militaryphotos.Net photos were used, not fantasy, not Ghost-Recon, not Airsofter's fantasy which messes cold war with modern Russia and all those "Krinkov AK"

what you want to "do better" exactly ? what parts ? or you just wanted MLODs to release my work under your tag "credits will be given" ?

Project 85 was made with many consultation of older people, even with American who in 1988 served in Germany on M1 Abrams tank as crewman, with someone who served in Russian army and etc.

not with ASG rambo-wannabies

once upon a a time i saw on internet website about "Soviet army" , guy from north america (US or Can) made website, he wear marines camo (Soviet Marines 1988 aka later Ukrainian aka brighter Chernarus camo), winter cap, AK47 (Krinkov of course) and Afghan Chinese chestrig and he calls it Soviet soldier equipment :D

heh :D in Arma 1 we also had mix of Marines and Army, as this guy who made website about cold war and wears marines camo issued in 1988 along with AK47 and winter cap and Taliban chestrig :D

if you have any REAL suggestions, post it in list, but REAL, not "many things i will do better" , but exactly "what in model X should be changed for XXX thing"

i always take suggestions to make something more realistic, but not suggestions without non-meritorious content like "poor, i will do better" :]

real suggestion is for example "soldier X should have (link to photo) pouch, because (link to photo) in 1984 there were wearing this in mission in...." etc.

not only OMON issue, in Binkowski tread you wrote about 10 man US army squad, which was latter commented by other forum posters,

in Rellykki topic about Chernarussians "Could they be used for soviet troops in later years?", so you even have no knowledge about Soviet uniforms ... when you mess Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs camo made for example for Chechen operation with camo for Soviet Army soldiers and you dare to say about P85 ???

i don't want sensless discussion , on previous site http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85067&page=20 i wrote more important things

and so i repeat myself

if any reskins : winter or desert , of vehicles from Project 85 you would like to do and release, please contact me, cause Bradley, BMP1, 2S1, T80, BTR60... ... etc wait to be found on desert or winter war scene (i have no time myself)

and from other issue, do you also like prototypes (as those prescribed site ago)

Edited by vilas

If you don't take the suggestions

He does. It's just that your one didn't serve any purpose.

Edited by echo1

Could the soviets in P85 use Rellikki's 68 cone helmet of his cheurarussian red army addon? That helmet model looks better.

first of all i don't know Rellikki addon is reskin or nnot, if yes, than BIS shape of helmet in A1 and A2 is probably the same and it is not 68 shape

The helmet model on the CRA troops has been reshaped and retextured to resemble the Ssh68 "Conehead" helmet.

i meant that real crew in real life used M3A1 not XM177 which was mostly S-F weapon since NAM, and in 80's Colt M635

Ah, i see. I thought you meant it to be the the other way around.

I remember seeing Vilas taking suggestions, say thanks and modifing his work accordingly, why? Because those were useful suggestions, reference, photos, etc.. you know that you can make better stuff than him? Go ahead and make yours nobody stops you :j:

Can't wait to see those large artillery pieces back in Arma 2! Hope they will make it!

Great job as always. :]

I do not get angry, not everyone understands the word "realism".

respect to vilas for his creations for this game

would like to see his p85 in diff. skins however mr. vilas thaks for this amazing mod

concerning different skins , i told 2 sites ago, if someone wants to do winter, desert reskin of vehicle, let me know :)

but yet seems on Chernarus environment only green vehicles are now present

vilas try to put all your vehicles in editor...big CRASH!!!

lack of RAM memory ? or not ?

what vehicle?

if i knew what exact vehicle causes i can fix, otherwise i cannot check all to see if 1 of 100 causes something on for example one action like fire of move hatch or other

please say, what exact vehicle causes problem

if you say about NPL addon - crew is in one addon

but in P85 vehicles pack has only vehicles, troops pack has all soldiers including crew and weapons pack has all weapons held by soldiers

but if you have all 4 files (config, vehicles, troops, weapons) than i should know what exact vehicle causes this

it is modern polish army and police addon,the only one I have from you.I tested and the guilty is 1 (or more) vehicle....it causes an instant return to desktop if I put it in editor...cant test it further until saturday((((((I am away from home)

hah:

- what is OMON ?

- CWR not aims in realism, but aims in OFP , CWR is not realistic because OFP was not realistic (RPG75 is Czech weapon, not used by USSR, T72 in OFP was Czech version, BMP Ambulance is Czech vehicle, not Soviet, AK has no burst, Carl Gustav is not guided, model of so called AT-4 is in fact flame thrower, Abrams in 1985 uses 105mm ammo, Bradley used in OFP was named wrongly, crew was not using XM-177 but Greasegun, etc. etc. etc. ) CWR is "OFP back", not "cold war mod"

few hours after my refusal to give P85 MLODS on CWR topic "It's the most realistic and only Mod for 85 era to be expected! "

- i don't take what suggestions ? to change gear of realistically made Soviets (with RHS and many Russians consultations) with suggestions of someone who has no idea what is OMON ?

what you wanted to change, when you wanted my MLODs?

you haven't told, instead you told you don't want "to kid with me anymore"

what need improving if it is realistic and gets many good opinions in very skeptic Flashpoint.Ru community ?

you are teenager from England or US and you know Warsaw Pact gear better than 34 years Russians, Russians who asked their fathers serving in Afgan 80-88 war ?

you know East German gear better than East-Germans from Project 85 and people from NVA forum ?

you know better Polish gear for soldiers than me and other Poles ?

Soviet gear was consulted with many Russians and many many Militaryphotos.Net photos were used, not fantasy, not Ghost-Recon, not Airsofter's fantasy which messes cold war with modern Russia and all those "Krinkov AK"

what you want to "do better" exactly ? what parts ? or you just wanted MLODs to release my work under your tag "credits will be given" ?

Project 85 was made with many consultation of older people, even with American who in 1988 served in Germany on M1 Abrams tank as crewman, with someone who served in Russian army and etc.

not with ASG rambo-wannabies

once upon a a time i saw on internet website about "Soviet army" , guy from north america (US or Can) made website, he wear marines camo (Soviet Marines 1988 aka later Ukrainian aka brighter Chernarus camo), winter cap, AK47 (Krinkov of course) and Afghan Chinese chestrig and he calls it Soviet soldier equipment :D

heh :D in Arma 1 we also had mix of Marines and Army, as this guy who made website about cold war and wears marines camo issued in 1988 along with AK47 and winter cap and Taliban chestrig :D

if you have any REAL suggestions, post it in list, but REAL, not "many things i will do better" , but exactly "what in model X should be changed for XXX thing"

i always take suggestions to make something more realistic, but not suggestions without non-meritorious content like "poor, i will do better" :]

real suggestion is for example "soldier X should have (link to photo) pouch, because (link to photo) in 1984 there were wearing this in mission in...." etc.

not only OMON issue, in Binkowski tread you wrote about 10 man US army squad, which was latter commented by other forum posters,

in Rellykki topic about Chernarussians "Could they be used for soviet troops in later years?", so you even have no knowledge about Soviet uniforms ... when you mess Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs camo made for example for Chechen operation with camo for Soviet Army soldiers and you dare to say about P85 ???

Obviously, the only reason you're so confident at these poor soviet stuff from ARMA1 just because you guy know what is ' OMON'. So could you tell what is 'OMON' and it existed in soviet era in 80s?

Yes, the P85 soviets were from the donation of many other modders, dozens of russian guys, american and lots of others, and seems it's not your work in majority since you couldn't even make stuff better than those. Frankly, you've made lots of soldiers by yourself, just like you did in OFP. But look at those quality and let we see what the others like from CZ MOD, FDF MOD, INVASION44 MOD, LIBERATION MOD,etc. Just like the texure of helmet and other things in P85 soviets, we could see the work of RHS from OFP. But it doesn't matter, only if these nice donated stuff could be combined by a skillful modder. But regretfully, they were not done properly at all!

When you call 'CWR not for realistic anmis since OFP is not Realistic', what a shameful and mean blame on that. Just remember on thing, without OFP it would be no ARMA1 and ARMA2. Without OFP, would also be no your P85. Who care your MLODs, oh, really yours? Not based on ARMA1 models?

You take it as an extremely accurate soviet stuff and seems no need to improve at all and couldn't hear or accept any suggestions just because you guy know what is "OMON". But in this P85, all soldiers are in the same ranks or without any rank signs at all. All officers, not matter he is a junior lieutant, capatain or even colonel, just in the same. All soldiers, a private or corporal or segenant, seems still doesn't matter, look all the same.

The 'correct' cone helmet, just like a large trumpet on a head, and even don't look in round shape with many sharps on top, remaining the quality of OFP time. By way, those russian friends never tell you "sailor's striped shirt" is a very popular thing worn under the combat jacket of soviet soldiers? As to kits and quality itself, suggest you to check the CZ Mod and how they are made and used. Although, they are not for Soviets, could still give you some brainstrom. Look at the perfect helmet model they've made. Of course, we know you have "better" knowledge of "OMON". But it seems it's really not enough.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

The helmet model on the CRA troops has been reshaped and retextured to resemble the Ssh68 "Conehead" helmet.

Exactly, fully appreciate this accurate remodelling! It looks great!

Obviously, the only reason you're so confident at these poor soviet stuff from ARMA1 just because you guy know what is ' OMON'. So could you tell what is 'OMON' and it existed in soviet era in 80s?

Yes, the P85 soviets were from the donation of many other modders, dozens of russian guys, american and lots of others, and seems it's not your work in majority since you couldn't even make stuff better than those. Frankly, you've made lots of soldiers by yourself, just like you did in OFP. But look at those quality and let we see what the others like from CZ MOD, FDF MOD, INVASION44 MOD, LIBERATION MOD,etc. Just like the texure of helmet and other things in P85 soviets, we could see the work of RHS from OFP. But it doesn't matter, only if these nice donated stuff could be combined by a skillful modder. But regretfully, they were not done properly at all!

When you call 'CWR not for realistic anmis since OFP is not Realistic', what a shameful and mean blame on that. Just remember on thing, without OFP it would be no ARMA1 and ARMA2. Without OFP, would also be no your P85. Who care your MLODs, oh, really yours? Not based on ARMA1 models?

You take it as an extremely accurate soviet stuff and seems no need to improve at all and couldn't hear or accept any suggestions just because you guy know what is "OMON". But in this P85, all soldiers are in the same ranks or without any rank signs at all. All officers, not matter he is a junior lieutant, capatain or even colonel, just in the same. All soldiers, a private or corporal or segenant, seems still doesn't matter, look all the same.

The 'correct' cone helmet, just like a large trumpet on a head, and even don't look in round shape with many sharps on top, remaining the quality of OFP time. By way, those russian friends never tell you "sailor's striped shirt" is a very popular thing worn under the combat jacket of soviet soldiers? As to kits and quality itself, suggest you to check the CZ Mod and how they are made and used. Although, they are not for Soviets, could still give you some brainstrom. Look at the perfect helmet model they've made. Of course, we know you have "better" knowledge of "OMON". But it seems it's really not enough.

dear moderation, learn this boy some rules and protect us from bullshit of someone who is angry that not get P85 MLODs

cause this what he wrote is total bullshit and only make forum problems

Yes, the P85 soviets were from the donation of many other modders, dozens of russian guys, american and lots of others, and seems it's not your work in majority since you couldn't even make stuff better than those.

total bullshit, seems he not know what is military advisor in mod (person who says "use this, change this, there is photo of this and do this" etc. P85 had many people who really helped a lot and made a lot of good work when it comes to advisor's job

texure of helmet and other things in P85 soviets, we could see the work of RHS from OFP

total bullshit, Arma texture recolored and RHS made totally new textures for P85, not from OFP

But it doesn't matter, only if these nice donated stuff

what donated stuff ?

But in this P85, all soldiers are in the same ranks or without any rank signs at all. All officers, not matter he is a junior lieutant, capatain or even colonel, just in the same. All soldiers, a private or corporal or segenant, seems still doesn't matter, look all the same.

pathetic

When you call 'CWR not for realistic anmis since OFP is not Realistic', what a shameful and mean blame on that

on Rellykki topic he not knew that present MVD camo is not soviet era, now he even not knows that RPG75 is Czechoslovak weapon, Carl Gustav is not guided, BMP Ambulance function only in Czechoslovak army, rest uses MTLB, many many etc.

Who care your MLODs, oh, really yours?

this guy is here since month and makes only problems on this forum

there are many addonmakers releasing simple models, reskins, copy-paste if you will look at 2008, seems this guy see only one - who not gave him MLODs "credits will be given" "i don't wanna kid with you anymore" and etc.

P85 was one of unique mods offering: soldier without vest, soldier in classic uniform (previously made by me WW2 addon open-source used latter as a base by many people in 2007/2008) , soldiers in hood, soldiers with other rucksacks, soldiers with custom weapons , soldiers with realistic pouches etc.

vanish this guy dear moderation

Edited by vilas

I think Arm2cat that you should consider who and what for you're talking to.

What you are whining on is a free addon to your copy made by someone in its free time.

I personally don't care about who really made something because without him i wouldn't be able to field some stuff i love to see.

The concept is that much o less this person made it available to you, that as far as i know are unable to do it yourself. So consider what YOU made for this community before yelling incopetence to others that are "here" by many years and keep investing their time in it...

I'd like to check this thread only to discuss with Vilas about his ideas even if they don't really match my desires, not to read your crap...

genereally thank you and seems he has problem with understanding addon making and all such effort to put something of era/realism/quality/in-game performance compromise :)

by the way about performance (FPS) in free time (i wonder about having such time) i must rebinarize all vehicles and check number of sections, low down sections number, work for better performance , cause present form of P85 is mostly Arma1 import

i must rework vehicles to be more lighter when it comes to GPU work, i know how to do it, but my free time and real life issues not allow me to do what i know must be done

I'd like to check this thread only to discuss with Vilas about his ideas even if they don't really match my desires, not to read your crap...

concerning desires - many addonmakers do addons according to their hobby or geographical location

people from America spent their time making American soldiers, people from France do French soldiers and i do things from my country and from my childhood era, cause i am mostly interested in history (what i wrote 3 sites ago about prototypes, really i will do Korobov, AK46 and things like that)

plans for addons are:

- finishing vehicles (Dana howitzer and few more for Polish modern pack) and making groups according to Polish community suggestions

- update of Alien APC and Colonial Marines

- fixing vehicles in P85 when it comes to sections (GPU performance with lots of vehicles on map, i would like to achieve higher FPS with large battles like 20 tanks and 100 soldiers )

- donation for other mods of weapons, vehicles, doing new stuff , cause i have some serious job now (at least 3 mods http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/ctlnv.jpg and not only this but a lot more but now secret )

from other desires to addons:

i wait on opinion from guy who made Iraq reskin , if he wants i will help do Iraq modern army, depends of his plans

i know there are serious lacks in Arma, like lack of armies of many countries, but i have no time for all i would like to see in game

in OFP there was mass production, enthusiasm, now i focus more on quality, we have new graphical tools like normalmapping (not presented in OFP era games) cause Arma engine shows it more, than my old PC with 800*600 OFP with low settings from 2002

i know that many people would like to see their army addon, their favourite vehicle or gun, in OFP i was taking many requests but now i have a lot of duties in real life , in OFP i was free and OFP PC freak

first i must finish Polish modern pack, update vehicles from P85, do job for 2-3 other mods (one will be demanding to quality and new textures will appear, other need vehicles better)

if i will have more free time, for pleasure i would do WW1/WW2 weapons pack, basic soldiers and give it to people who would make of this WW1 or WW2 mod as it was in Arma 1 and OFP

and i am really happy seeing my WW1 weapons in OFP mod, shame i have no time support now for few months :)

To be honest, high-quality or not, I'm thankful vilas is still around.(I really don't have an issue with quality by the way) The content he provides fills a huge void for me and many others. Especially in A1. I enjoyed using all his stuff. It's nice to have the variation his stuff provides. Now, whether or not it's the most accurate or best looking is not my biggest concern. It's not like he doesn't try to make them as real as possible, the guy's an encyclopedia for christ's sake. Bottomline, what ever be one's personal feelings toward vilas it doesn't change the fact that he's a valuable part of the community.

Thanks for all the time and work, vilas.

Indeed.

Personally, I detest modern warfare and love 60s/70s era. Much more fun to play (only few sights, closer range, etc...).

I would be lost without Vilas' packs!

So: Many thanks for your addons, Vilas. Please keep it up and waste no more time to answer the rants of certain people.

Cheers,

D.

and i should thank Dmitri for last config help, without Dmitri in P85 there would be no groups (i had no idea what i screwed in config, he fixed)

and not only this

so when in in Polish addons there are groups, also thanx to Dmitri

I would be lost without Vilas' packs!

me too, specially groups definitions, artillery etc.

Personally, I detest modern warfare and love 60s/70s

me too

i will try do older things for enlargement of P85 in future, like more classes of soldiers with older guns, US in their olive uniforms and other too

concerning modern warfare:

i think 3 things about modern warfare:

1) this game not allows by engine for modern war possibilities and all electronic boomsticks , most known is FLIR, harder are howitzer with programmed ammo, no bullet proof vests, no ERA working, no SHTORA etc.

2) modern war are in all other games, many mod makers do "newest stuff" , i don't want to competee with those guys

3) modern war is war of money

previous era was "you are good soldier, you will survive, you are coward, you are bad trained, you will die, you started a war and invaded other country, you can die, you take uniform and rifle -you can die"

what is top-modern war ? disgusting :/ poor civilian with old rifle, nowhere to hide, cause soldier of rich country sits in air-conditioned tank and by thermal vision fires to people by heat-guided weapons, or even robot with M249 goes to field, "brave" coward sits by PC and shoot to people playing joystick, while they die for real on their country territory, or programmed ammo, soldiers hidden behind building and howitzer fire on parabolic line and get them hidden

i am afraid in 10-20 years we will reach disgusting time of Terminator/Matrix, where robots of one rich country will be killing poor people defending their natural raw materials and it is not fair, that soldier who is in other country is safe,

i like PC gaming and PC-wars, i hate real wars, cause real people suffer because government of country X, Y, Z wants something

i praise soldiers who fight "to defend my country because was attack" , but i hate "payed mercenaries killing others by joystick"

thats why i prefer history too , in history everyone could die, no matter from country X or Y

but thermal vision and robots and sound-pressure-weapons are not fair

have you heard about :

- sound pressure weapon that makes human not able to carry gun ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device

- robot with machinegun mounted ? http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/02/27/2174079.htm?section=justin

maybe those things are now prototypes, but for sure disgusting and taking human pride/honor (to die in combat killing enemy)

also it makes people slaved in their mind and feeling hopeless "what can we do, robots will come and kill us all" in 20-50 years ...

it takes away humanity, it takes away "warrior tradition and honor" and risk of beeing soldier :/

in sport like Judo, i can kick him, he can kick me, he can be beaten or i can beat him and it is "fair", "me or him", but not on 2020 battlefield , one poor man defending country with AK vs. robot with thermal camera and M240 and psychopath with joystick in bunker, slavery of XXI century by machines..

"brave" guy's family won't cry like families of his victims... without risk of victims one country government can attack and slave other country, without fear of being revenged...

of course i don't talk about wars when country X, Y, Z was attacked by other country, but in future such "self safety factor" can lead leader of X, Y or Z to attack A, B, C , it is hard to stop politicians-humanoid from doing something if they have possibilities

but it is political offtopic leading to non-gaming issues, so i will end it here :D

playing modern warfare (lets say year 2015) could be like playing Aliens vs. Predator , by Predator against humans in night with godmode cheat ...

thats why i prefer historic mods and except Polish modern pack i would stick probably to history

and let only war will be on PC, without people dying anywhere (except those who started something ugly) :)

and historic war machines look for me more human-designed

like old cars which were designed by artist, engineer, not software optimizing air flow and placement of elements by algorithms

old cars, vehicles, design has more soul in my opinion than modern design of many elements , especially when you visit historical museum and see knight armor from XIV century or guns from 1600 :)

http://www.hussar.com.pl/panel/uploads/2008/10/img_7907.jpg

http://www.militaria.pl/upload/wysiwyg/gfx/produkty/mc/miecz_mc_samurai_yk-58_wzory_det.jpg

i will try do more 60/70 for sure but not compete NAM-mods , just OFP/Central Europe geographical conditions :)

Edited by vilas

and i should thank Dmitri for last config help, without Dmitri in P85 there would be no groups

Thank you for your kind words.

That reminds me: There are still some bugs in the group config (you remember the reports concerning very slow battles some pages back?).

Would you mind if I have another look at the groups and try to solve the problem? If so, should I use your currently uploaded version or do you want to upload a newer version first?

Cheers,

D.

Being in complete accord with your modern warfare point of view, i found myself leaning to modern units but with limitations...as i know it's never properly represented but i still love some units look. Also my interest in mission design is about limited operations in numbers as in perspective so....