Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

SLX Work fine With A2WarMod??? Wow I scared 2 never try that how do it perform?

It works better but only because I rebuilt the mod around CO.

Finding out that A2WarMod works in CO, I built a WarMod for OA but then combined it so that it takes advantage of all the stuff in Arma2,

so it is COWarMod, alot of new features, and the gameplay is alot better then A2WarMod, but with SLX A2WarMod alone I had some minor

issues and still do, in general it works np, only prob I get is the game freezing when stuff on the screen gets crazy,

but I'm still in the testing phase.

My buddy and I currently play with it on our server, but like I said its not 100% yet, I'm still looking for things for example

addons/mods that do similar stuff as another, which I already have removed quite a bit of them, its really in the process of optimizing.

What were playing with now is making me wonder why I didn't get OA sooner and do this cuz WarMod

has just seriously stepped up to a new level of ausomeness! :D

Searched and I couldn't find if this had been brought up - since installing SLX - when troops/crew dismount from a vehicle - they fall from a good 20-30 feet above the unit they are exiting - this, in turn, causes most if not all of the dismounts to become immobilized with injury. I am wondering which one of the SLX features addresses the dismount so I can disable it to properly debug. Anyone else had a similar issue ?

Thanks,

Chapman

Yes Chapman! And constant Freezing. I Delete all the PBOs and i have only the wounds whit the needed addons and it freez =

No, I have Slx and the troops fall from the helicopter. I Remove Slx and this problem is fix

Hi guys I decided to load up Arma 2 for some fun after a break, so I reinstalled it on Steam and installed a bunch of mods. But SLX doesn't work right, just as Crazy Ivan and Choki described. Wounds, dragging, gibbing, and other features dont work. These and the AI improvements are core to what I think makes SLX fun, and I simply can't play without them.

Seems Choki and Crazy Ivan have found some ways to fix their problems, though I dont know anybody that has a boxed version of Arma II. Any other ideas on how to fix it?

This mod is amazing and really adds to the ARMA2 experience, I actually feel like the AI is fighting to stay alive as well as trying to keep their buddies alive, It's great!

The only problem I have with it, is that the game freezes when I use aircraft in the editor.

Is there a solution to this problem?

All I know is I got SLX to work but you got to make sure CBA is running before it in your command line.

The AI as far as I know is what causes the freezing, my sp game froze on using an rpg once, but a couple of friends and I play using SLX and it runs np on our server.

The other night we were playing a mission I built on takistan and a Takistan republic militia truck with a mg on it ripped a guy apart,

was crazy to see!

Got a problem of units freezing when I take them out, a lot of enemys standing still with their gun pointing to the sky when they are dead.

Other than that really nice addon, good to see a couple animations speeded up to be more realistic.

So is there really no solution to the screen freezes and crashes? It usually only happens when aircraft are on the map, but now it just randomly happened when I was playing an infantry ambush mission. =/

try removing vehicleeffects.pbo (or something to that effect...cant remember), its discussed earlier in the thread.

Were all waiting for solus to come to our rescue and update SLX for the recent patches.

It will happen, this guys mods have been top quality since OFP times i guess he'll be back to finish up at some point.

ok an update on the crashing, I believe the solution is that if this mod is ran under OA it must require CBA_A2 regardless if OA supports it. I noticed the change in stability after it, and can you describe if it is possible to get rid of that annoying CBA_A2 not supported message lol

I've experienced the same freezing you're all talking about and I only have Arma 2, not OA, so would the above solution really apply?

I've experienced the same freezing you're all talking about and I only have Arma 2, not OA, so would the above solution really apply?

nope, it worked kindly for a day... and then it started freezing again. I think if we all down ground our CBA's then it should work. That was about the time when i began noticing it, and before the last CBA update it worked fine.

So is there really no solution to the screen freezes and crashes? It usually only happens when aircraft are on the map, but now it just randomly happened when I was playing an infantry ambush mission. =/

try removing the GL3giveradio.PBO when I did it no longer freezes or crash it works perfect expect ai bug other than dat it run good

try removing the GL3giveradio.PBO

Thats very weird I mean its just a radio given to the squad leader of each AI squad I believe, how would that cause freezes?

Thanks for the insight, I havent any freezes myself for a week now.

I have all AI pbos removed, and vehicle effects as well, but I play mostly custom mp on my server with friends.

I will try this too.

try removing vehicleeffects.pbo (or something to that effect...cant remember), its discussed earlier in the thread.

Were all waiting for solus to come to our rescue and update SLX for the recent patches.

It will happen, this guys mods have been top quality since OFP times i guess he'll be back to finish up at some point.

Don't get your hopes to high though, in the past he left but stated to come back and finish or release some stuff.

The last time he stated not to gonna work on it anymore. I'm kinda disappointed that no other modder actually picked up most if not all of his add-ons and updated them or integrated in their own projects.

It seems stable and as far as I can tell it runs almost as well as default A2 on the laptop.

It's about as optimized as I can get it, although there's still the sqs format in SLX_Wounds that could be rewritten in sqf. There's someone that's interested in doing that and he might get to it in a few months.

I'm not going to be working on it anymore. Thank you very much to everyone that has helped and given feedback and support!

The licence in the readme still stands, anyone can continue development of the addons or take parts and make smaller addons if they want.

I'll check in to answer questions but most development is stopped. There will be a new release thread in a bit with an updated addon description list.

Thats very weird I mean its just a radio given to the squad leader of each AI squad I believe, how would that cause freezes?

Thanks for the insight, I havent any freezes myself for a week now.

I have all AI pbos removed, and vehicle effects as well, but I play mostly custom mp on my server with friends.

I will try this too.

Seems like after I have studied this When the Ai (friendly or hostle) spots a solider it in turn will Go down to crouch, and radios Solider's location 2 all other friendly ai groups Which in turn lag the system in someway maybe using 2 much CPU I figure causes freezes You try it yourself With GL3give radios and without seems run much faster without it

Edited by Sidekilla09

Hi, I'm running some selected SLX pbo's but I'm getting a warning saying this:

"SLX_wounds requires addon CA_DubbingRadio_E"

What Dubbing Radio?

I hope a modder or a group can take this on and finish it.

Solus has done an excellent job, but these freezes are pretty annoying, and there is so much potential here.

Until we have identified a solution, isn't the simplest workaround to omit the offending pbos?

Solus: hope you can honour us with you presence soon ;)

Do you notice that it only ever freezes once, and after that freeze performance is almost better? I seem to have noticed that.

to be honest, whenever i freeze... it just crashes the game. I literally have to go to task manager to get the crap off of my screen lol

I figured out my problem with the CA_DubbingRadio_E missing. I had to add the SLX_A2_BackCompatibility pbo. Anyways, about this mod, well, I only added 20 SLX pbo's and it's already stuttering a bit my game. The mod effects are pretty good but I think I will wait until the author really optimizes his scripts a bit more. I cringe at the thought that some users are actually using all the pbo's which is over 100! I'm going to start narrowing those 20 pbo's I selected just to see if I can get a reduction of stuttering.

Edited by Lorca

Got a problem of units freezing when I take them out, a lot of enemys standing still with their gun pointing to the sky when they are dead.

Other than that really nice addon, good to see a couple animations speeded up to be more realistic.

same here lol!!! i have always liked war manikins!!!