Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

I have the same as you. Plz can you upload your Slx addons? Plz it going to be of great help for me and Ivan!

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

HOW IVAN? How you make it work? XD im the only one whit problems now!

Crazy_Ivan What DLC? I have Combined OPS, patched to 1.56 and is not working.

I Reinstall all But I CANT MAKE IT WORCK

Now I have Arma and OA1.54(CO).This is what I use. -nosplash -mod=@SLX;@A2WarModSM;@Ovaron1.2;@panthera;@JTD;@AC E;@CBA;@JSRS;@AircraftHUD;@ToraBora;@lingor;@ACEX

Choki, your load order is messed up, you have stuff in places where they shouldn't be, possibly one of the reasons your having issues,

anyone correct me if I'm wrong but your load order should be something like this if you are using what I quoted:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@JSRS;@A2WarModSM;@SLX;@JTD;@AircraftHUD;@Ovaron1.2;@panthera;@ToraBora;@lingor

CBA should always be in front, first to load, then the biggest mods to smallest.

for A2WarModSM does this work in OA?, you also have JRS sound mod, why use two?

Your using A2WarModSM, are you also using the A2WarMod Ace compatible version? you must be if you have the

A2WarModSM as it is in the same download.

As for your islands a tip you can try and this is something I do and works no problem, is make a mod folder of your islands,

so basically make a folder and name it @islands, and put all your islands in that folder, of course make sure that the folder has

an addons folder in it, hence a typical mod setup, that will free up your target line of all the islands your running.

As for your game in general you should patch to the latest, I noticed your Arma2 shortcut line said 1.07, there is a 1.08 now,

and for OA a 1.57

As for SLX I myself have tested SLX with just @CBA;@CBA_A2;@SLX and I too have the problems where there is no gibbing,

or dismemberment, ect.,

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I've seen some gibbing but only in situations where the unit was directly hit by large calibre munitions. Like a Shilka or artillery shell. Which is OK I'm not a fan of overdone gibbing, but rarely done gibbing makes it seem somehow more dramatic :)

Thanks my friend. Yes I have A2WarMod Ace compatible and yes A2Warmod sound work perfect in OA. I try SLX alone whit CBA but it dont work. I try that order to. I Have arma 2 CO.But i try it in OA alone and arma 2 Alone but it dont work. The problem is the Mod, There is a lot of peoples out there whit this problem. The other mods work 100%

DMarkwick thanks. the mod work in drag, wounded and more all the time, a single bullet or shooting you get wounded and nothing happend whit us

Edited by Choki

Another thing that will help eliminate potential issues is only run 1 custom island in one shortcut, just make several shortcuts with each of your custom islands, i used before to have all islands and their related files in an island folder, but you will bump into issues with the wrong combination islands.

Another thing that will help eliminate potential issues is only run 1 custom island in one shortcut, just make several shortcuts with each of your custom islands, i used before to have all islands and their related files in an island folder, but you will bump into issues with the wrong combination islands.

I haven't seen anything like this myself, I have all my islands in one islands folder, no issues.

Phew, I've so far seen dismemberment once when one of my AI teammates got GBU bomb on his head (my little mistake transmitting airstrike coordinates :P). The body looked really disturbing, burned, limbs ripped off...

Everything seems to be working fine for me. I'm using CO, latest official patch 1.57 and @CBA -folder. Only thing I did for SLX, was that I removed a some of the addons. I don't know could that have affected to the functionality. Anyway, here's the list what I'm NOT using:

slx_a2_backcompatibility.pbo

slx_ace_fixes.pbo

slx_actions.pbo

slx_ai_diff_armor_balance.pbo

slx_ai_difficulties.pbo

slx_ai_spawnskill.pbo

slx_anim_crawl.pbo

slx_anim_death.pbo

slx_anim_holdsprint.pbo

slx_anim_movetransitions.pbo

slx_anim_pistolcivil.pbo

slx_anim_prone.pbo

slx_anim_swim.pbo

slx_anim_weapontransitions.pbo

slx_bis_xeh.pbo

slx_effects.pbo

slx_fov.pbo

slx_melee.pbo

slx_melee_give.pbo

slx_modweapons_3d_optics.pbo

slx_modweapons_sounds.pbo

slx_modweapons_sounds_impact.pbo

slx_optics.pbo

slx_optics_3d.pbo

slx_rpg7.pbo

slx_shoteffects.pbo

slx_silentvehiclecommands.pbo

slx_vehicleeffects.pbo

As for SLX I myself have tested SLX with just @CBA;@CBA_A2;@SLX and I too have the problems where there is no gibbing, or dismemberment, ect.,

Hi Gunter, what do you mean with "gibbing" ?

Hey Osku,

i mean gibbing like body chunks, lol, parts ect.,. like flesh particles.

Okay, I see. Yes I think that's what I've been witnessing, here's screenshot (could be disturbing for some people).

Odd here is, that the picture's taki-army soldier was shot by a .50 cal rifle and his body looks like chunk of grilled meat (with all respect to his family), which is exactly same than my AI mate after the bombing incident, that I mentioned in my previous one. It seems they always rip apart and appear in the same manner. It doesn't look right to me... :confused:

Edited by Osku

Lol Holy Sh*t!

Its weird though now that I have OA thanks to a friend :rolleyes:

SLX seems to work, but not so much in Arma2, i seen last night some crazy stuff with the gibbing, and dismemberment

with an a-10 doing close air support in an area of inf and vehicles, was a site to behold, and not to be in.

and why? I Have OA and arma 2 CO and it dont work in me, just some things. But wounded, drag and surrender no. Is My Arma game?

I'm running ArmA2 & OA CO, both DLCs, quite a few addons for taste (I can post a list if you'd like), latest patch and latest beta.

Id like to take you up on that offer of posting your addon list ;)

and why? I Have OA and arma 2 CO and it dont work in me, just some things. But wounded, drag and surrender no.

Is My Arma game?

Choki your game must be seriously messed up, your mods must not be correctly setup or something,

i had similer issues with Arma2 and SLX alone but with OA now made CO, my shortcut here:

E:\Games\Arma2\arma2oa.exe -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@OAWarMod;@A2WarMod;@A2WarModSM

SLX runs like its supposed to, i see the dismemember ment, the bleeding blood from headwounds,

the draggging, call for help, ect.,

Be more detailed with your situation,

so you have Arma2 and OA and they are in the same folder correct?

then you have all your mods you play with, all in the Arma2 folder correct?

then you have your OA patched? correct?

and you have @CBA at the start of your target line in your shortcut? correct?

I'd like to help but theres something missing, and at the rate your going which is no where your going to have to

do a complete process of elimination to narrow down what exactly is the issue, it could be something simple,

or complex but we dont know, answer the questions i listed above and lets see what we got.

Yes,I have arma 2 CO whit OA patched to the latest version.

I have @CBA at the start. And in OA CO you can use the mods in game, selec the addons in game. I Use CBA and SLX Alone and dont work.

Is the only mod who dont work, so is SLX.

SLX.hpp I need do something whit it?

// For SLX skills in ACE.

// #define ACE 1

Yes,I have arma 2 CO whit OA patched to the latest version.

I have @CBA at the start. And in OA CO you can use the mods in game, selec the addons in game. I Use CBA and SLX Alone and dont work.

Is the only mod who dont work, so is SLX.

SLX.hpp I need do something whit it?

// For SLX skills in ACE.

// #define ACE 1

You have to uncomment that line only if you're using ACE and want SLX skills.

When you select the addons in game, did you place CBA above SLX? Is your CBA updated to the latest version?

Some ways to really see if SLX's wound is working: place some units in the editor and explode' em with satchels (there'll be lots of blood and body parts, at least if you haven't put SLX_NoGibs.pbo in your addons folder), shot'em with a M107 (they'll explode :D), or shooting the ground close to your foot (you'll start bleeding).

I have it working in CO with A2 retail patched to 1.08 and Steam's OA 1.57. Hope it helps

~PC Specs~

ASUS Nvidia GTX 480 1.5 GB Vid Memory [Overheats to 80 degrees celcius]

8GB DDR2 Corsair Memory

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3.4 GHZ [Water cooled @ 29 degrees Celsius]

Rocket Fish Sound card 5.1 Speaker Capability

Thermal Take Computer Case + Thermal Take 850 Watt Power Supply

875 GB *Total* Hard Drive space

12 inch monitor [1280x1024] [DELL] [75Hz]

~I'm not really sure about AMD anymore though, I've read that Intel and Nvidia give the hardware that have stability issues to AMD. For instance, an ATI Radeon 5870 2GB Vapor-X was crashing and causing major BSP flickering and was recalled instantly. Or the new ATI Radeon 5890 giving little to no difference in performance over the GTX 480, I am pretty sure that Nvidia and Intel are more reliable... its the reason why they don't come out with such powerful cards as fast as AMD does. Intel and Nvidia test their own hardware for issues, and is given away because of defects... pretty much sums up instabilities for me. I've noticed one of my AMD CPU Cores cause my games to do weird things like brief reverse movements for split seconds or pausing. I've already looked in to difference compatibility modes like XP or Setting priority or affinities. Never the less, I can't half believe its any thing more stupid than hard ware faults.

Edited by DeclaredEvol

You have to uncomment that line only if you're using ACE and want SLX skills.

When you select the addons in game, did you place CBA above SLX? Is your CBA updated to the latest version?

Some ways to really see if SLX's wound is working: place some units in the editor and explode' em with satchels (there'll be lots of blood and body parts, at least if you haven't put SLX_NoGibs.pbo in your addons folder), shot'em with a M107 (they'll explode :D), or shooting the ground close to your foot (you'll start bleeding).

I have it working in CO with A2 retail patched to 1.08 and Steam's OA 1.57. Hope it helps

Yes I have CBA Above SLX, and I use thouse 2 alone but nothing happend. How I must do For "using ACE and want SLX skills"? :confused:

CBA latest version,Game patched to last version and I always use the Editor and trow some granade or shoot to a friend and not work. I Have SLX before V1.6 but since now It dont work. Someone KNOW Where can I get The FIRST versions of SLX?

@Choki

I have all the SLX addons in my A2WarMod addons folder, and SLX works np.

I startup the game through a shortcut.

How are you starting up your game, through a shortcut, or through a launcher?

Launcher, Shortcut, In Game EXPANSIONS of OA and dont work! Thanks for all your help! i goint to wait for the next release of SLX

Ok, How are you testing the game to see if it does work

sp editor, a scenerio, or MP?

It really makes no sense to me as it looks like we have the same setup but your dont work,

do you have the latest CBA?

Solus hasn't been on the forums here since:

Last Activity: 11-18-2010

if he was even working on another versionor the next version or updating this one, Im sure by now we would have heard something,

in this case, i wouldn't hold your breath, and Im not saying that there isn't a possibility but when someone dont say nothng for about

2 months on the forums here their more then likely to busy with real life.

Personally I would try to get your slx to work, if everyone elses works and your dont then theres something you did wrong somewhere.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Anyone have contact with Solus to know if he is still working on this ( or a new project! )

His last activity on these forums was mid November !

@Choki

I have all the SLX addons in my A2WarMod addons folder, and SLX works np.

I startup the game through a shortcut.

How are you starting up your game, through a shortcut, or through a launcher?

SLX Work fine With A2WarMod??? Wow I scared 2 never try that how do it perform?

Ok, I've updated the bug issue. It is actually not CBA, and if it is I can't give you many details. Anyways, I disabled the AI and enabled the Smoke puffs again. For some reason, the AI was crashing my game... I'll update you more on the situation.

Working, the mod is working a Friend givme the CO Box and now work, but it crush after 5 min of play