Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

I just tested a plain mission with SOM and ACM and boy do things go haywire...

No answer as to why the units move so unhumanly fast? I really like all the effects it adds and I'm not really interested in trying to figure out what each individual addon does...or even remove what the author intended for the mod for that matter. I like the idea of install ACE...install SLX...play the game. Short of being able to change the speed a certain % and see how it feels Im not interested in editing or removing stuff really. Its sort of all or nothing as I dont know of any wiki explaining each addon. I would like it to be all!

Theres a readme in the package you downloaded explaining what each of the pbos do and highlighting any dependencies so you can make informed choices on what to leave in or take out. If the original intention was for it to be all or nothing it would just be one large file.

Ive noticed a speed increase in anims since 1.57, if you dont like it then you can remove the SLX_ANIM style pbo's.

PLZ HELPME! I have arma 2 (Not OA) Patched to 1.07. I have mods "C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@SLX;@JTD;@Ovaron1.2;@panthera;@JSRS;@AircraftHUD;@duala;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@ACE

But the mod dont work.

I try all, i have a mod manager, the Shortcut isnt is. Is Ace? For what is the SLX.hpp?

I whant the wounded,drag and surrender effects. What can be? Ace? another mod?

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

I uninstall the game 5 time and try it whit all the patchs. But nothing, all the mod work 100%. the only SLX in my game is the Knife and some animations. Someone plz help! What is the problem, i can use wounds, Drag and Surrender slx. What patch I need for this mod in arma 2?

Game freezing problem is caused by slx_vehicleeffects.pbo, remove it will get rid of the big bug if you have updated to above patch 76430. If you stay at 76430 or lower, no problem.

Now I have Arma and OA1.54(CO).This is what I use. -nosplash -mod=@SLX;@A2WarModSM;@Ovaron1.2;@panthera;@JTD;@ACE;@CBA;@JSRS;@AircraftHUD;@ToraBora;@lingor;@ACEX

But the SLX Mod dont work, only some things of SLX. The most important, Drag,wounds and drag dont work! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!! What I can do? what is the problem? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Edited by Choki

Now I have Arma and OA1.54(CO).This is what I use. -nosplash -mod=@SLX;@A2WarModSM;@Ovaron1.2;@panthera;@JTD;@ACE;@CBA;@JSRS;@AircraftHUD;@ToraBora;@lingor;@ACEX

But the SLX Mod dont work, only some things of SLX. The most important, Drag,wounds and drag dont work! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!! What I can do? what is the problem? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I really have no idea, if some things in SLX work and others not, I don't know. Try running the game with SLX only, and see what happens.

One thing that might be happening is script-lag, not everyone sees this problem but if too many addons are in play then the queueing system for delayed scripts seems to delay some more than others, in my own tests on my old rig that delay could be as long as 20+ seconds. Try another experiment:

Using your current addon setup, try and use ACE2's function of resting your weapon on a wall to steady it. On my old rig this action was rather variable, in heavy firefights I could use the keypress to rest the weapon, and not see any activity for many seconds, if ever.

As I said not everyone sees it. But it sounds to me like you might be. Try SLX only for a while.

Thanks friend for helpme. Well I try all, Only SLX, all the patch`s, OA standalone, A2 Standalone,whit Ace, Slx alone,the wounded effect whit the necesaries addons, is not lag becouse I try it in the mission editor, shooting my friends and more. The only SLX (I see) is the Knife the meele the sound of slx and some effects but wounds,drag and surrender no. Thanks for your help! I hope some day play SLX!

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

// For SLX skills in ACE.

// #define ACE 1

I need do something whit it? In ace or something?

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

// For SLX skills in ACE.

// #define ACE 1

is the SLX.HPP

I need do something whit it? In ace or something?

Is anyone using SLX with Blastcore, and if you are, what problems are you getting?

Solus is not working any more in this mod? Whitout he help im lost!

I'm having the same problem; namely, only certain, cosmetic aspects of SLX are working. The more detailed bits, such as wounding and morale, seem to be completely off. I'm running Steam ARMA 2, no OA, with CBA and SLX on. Anyone got an idea as to what the problem is?

The same happend here. I try all and nothing happend. We need Solus the mod leader is the only one who can help us. Someone have SLX 1.6 or older slx V?

So it doesn't work with Operation Arrowhead/Combined Ops either? Damn, I was installing OA in the hopes that it would help. Are you using the steam edition too?

Yes I have Conbined Ops and is not working. But we are the only ones who have this problems. But try it in the Steam ver of CO. I dont have Steam.

SLX_AI_TurnMove this addons isnt in the SLX_Mod_ArmA2_2.3.rar

That addon is the problem? I dont know what more can be!

Does Zeus AI, SLX, and the VFAI mods conflict??? I also cannot get the Infantry Armor mod to with SLX... any suggestions?

Yes they have conflicts. You need delete some addons of each mod to change that, choose them as you like. the wounds,drag and surrender effects of arma are working for you?

I recently Deletled Pbo gl3 give radios and yes no more lag nor frezzes for me so try that

Just tried this, no dice i'm afraid. To clarify, while I do have an issue with the game hanging for a few minutes when I begin a new scenario, that clears itself up. The real problem is that SLX mod's advertised features: that is, wounding, gibbing, morale/AI, vehicle damage, etc. don't seem to be active at all. All I get is the added voice files and the field-of-view tweaks, as well as a half-functional knife attack. I suspect this may have something to do with the latest patches but I have no way of being sure unless someone else can confirm or deny that their installation is working correctly.

Just tried this, no dice i'm afraid. To clarify, while I do have an issue with the game hanging for a few minutes when I begin a new scenario, that clears itself up. The real problem is that SLX mod's advertised features: that is, wounding, gibbing, morale/AI, vehicle damage, etc. don't seem to be active at all. All I get is the added voice files and the field-of-view tweaks, as well as a half-functional knife attack. I suspect this may have something to do with the latest patches but I have no way of being sure unless someone else can confirm or deny that their installation is working correctly.

I'm using the latest release of SLX (minus the vehicleeffects.pbo) alongside other addons like ACE2, ZeusAI, DAC3 etc and all the features you mentioned are apparent.

DMarkwick What Arma Version do you have? And OA?

I have the same problems who Ivan. I dont know what more can be! Only the game?

Make sure you have the mods running in the correct order. This makes a big difference as the last mod that runs overides the first.

The order i use is :

expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_sm;@jsrs-e;@jsrs-v;@jsrs-vw;@jsrs-w;@slx

Keep SLX last in the list. ( all of the JSRS mods are soundmods )

I also use Yoma's Addon Sync program to update and order the mods properly when launching.

Cub 1.

Yes I have it like that. I try SLX alone whit CBA and nothing

you guys should make it so when a grenade explodes or a rocket hits or even a huge bullet hits... their body shreds... unless it already does... in this case I don't know if ACE and SLX are a very good frenzy ?

btw, on impact if someone is hit by a grenade or 50 caliber or something... you should make it so their limb falls off lol!! and they are crawling around. That would be pretty interesting lol, and another thing is that I cannot figure out why the gibs like shooting foreheads off and exploding bodies don't work for me any more... any suggestions?

You have another mod who impose that effects. Or you have the same problems of me and Ivan. Some thing in SLX dont WORK

DMarkwick What Arma Version do you have? And OA?

I have the same problems who Ivan. I dont know what more can be! Only the game?

I'm running ArmA2 & OA CO, both DLCs, quite a few addons for taste (I can post a list if you'd like), latest patch and latest beta.

Just reporting back in that with Steam's in-built Combined Ops support, I seem to have a working copy of SLX now, so if anyone's still having troubles, using combined ops+dlc might solve that.