Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

my clan leader and manually deleted some pbos in the SLX mod and made it SUPERB. everything was taken out except the wounds effects and the other good stuff, so when we play you dont have to shoot someone 500 times to kill them. works great with Ace system wounds too. ill get in touch with him and se if he can upload it somewhere.

I was wondering... is there any way how to keep only those gibs without the new wound system alltogether?

Hey i got a problem with this mod:

Everything works fine ( I can see AI improvements) except for a few things.

Being wounded. I have no options to bandage or carry dead bodies and I have never seen a injured person on the floor.

Does it require first aid simulator to work? (i don't think so)

I also never seen someone get gibed before even useing arty strikes directly on people

You mean drag bodies, being wounded is dependant on somone else or AI to heal you, if your injurded but not totally wounded like

cant do nothing then you'll have the bandage option.

Also you not being able to see certain features is dependant on what file of the mod you have installed, if you have it all installed,

then are there other mods you are running. And no it does need first aid simulator to work. Make sure you have the

wounds pbo in the SLX addons folder.

so when we play you dont have to shoot someone 500 times to kill them.

Lol all you needed to remove was the

SLX_Mod_Man_Armor: Slightly changes person armor for more wounding and to work

with SLX variable damage better.

is there any way how to keep only those gibs without the new wound system alltogether?

The gibs are part of SLX_Woundsonly way is to seperate them from the wounds.pbo is to open the pbo,

locate the gibs and go from there.

oh wow. This is my first mod so I have not yet installed CBA got it and it works well......except for the constent freezing.

I saw your post on what PBOs to remove so I'm tring it out now to see which one is the one causing it. The game freezes at the same point, when I call an artilery on a group of guys. ( never froze with out the mod )

so far these are my results. ( freeze meaning i took out that mod and it didnt stop the freeze

GL3 = freeze

GL3 give radios = freeze

EDIT:

vehicle effects : = BAM NO FREEZE

so yea for me it was vehicle effects causing the crash which makes sense since the arty was on some trucks

thanks gunter for the post you posted listing the possible pbos helped me A LOT

:)

Edited by xX_Fr0st-W0lf_Xx

Great!,

Lol I forgot to ask about it, but I figured you already knew about CBA, but

ya CBA is important, alot of mods depend on CBA for further functionality.

Hey, thanks for the info Gunter!

The problem is, I pretty much don't know what sqs files to keep and what to remove. :/

I assume only editing the init.sqs won't do the trick?

I'd like to help you with that but I have no idea myself, I just know about the files themselves in terms of how they run ingame.

You would think after all this time someone with the know how could update the mod, fix some things, add more features

if necessary or even possible, and do some of the things were looking to do, I'm rather dissapointed with all the knowledge

in this community that no one has stepped up and taken on this very popular mod.

This is a fantastic addition to Arma 2 OA, a big thanks to everyone who is involved. I am also experiencing freezing on a regular basis, sometimes only briefly sometimes a complete game lockup and I have to end task the game.

So is there a list of the pbo addon files that you fellas 'think' might be causing these issues? I agree with you Gunter, this mod really deserves a look into at what might be causing these freezes, It's definately worth the effort for the community as it's one of the best mods out there right now and ranks right up there with ACE 2.

-Jocko

Edit: nevermind, I found your list, cheers mate. :)

Edited by Jocko-Flocko
Found it

Here is the list again for those having trouble with SLX:

SLX Bug List

As of

April 9th, 2011

Heres the latest bug list:

from a previous post......

By Günter Severloh

I went back several pages and put together a list of what we all have comeup with so far.

So here is what we remove from SLX to get it to stop freezing.

Under each file will be a quote from those that reported a problem with it.

REMOVE THESE PBOS:

• SLX_GL3

• SLX_GL3_GiveRadios

• SLX_VehicleEffects

• SLX_NetCode

• SLX_TankCommanderGun

• SLX_ShotEffects

for the Hpp file issues remove these

• slx_ace_fixes

• slx_aiskill

• slx_anim_swim

Removed File List in Detail

SLX_GL3:

The freeze / crash in SLX is down to slx_gl3 or slx_gl3_giveradios.pbo. I found this out after many hours testing.

I know it deletes some of the functions but you can run SLX without these two pbo's, without problems.

SLX_GL3_GiveRadios:

Seems like after I have studied this When the Ai (friendly or hostle) spots a solider it in turn will Go

down to crouch, and radios Solider's location 2 all other friendly ai groups Which in turn lag the system in

someway maybe using 2 much CPU I figure causes freezes You try it yourself With GL3give radios and without seems run much faster without it

try removing the GL3giveradio.PBO when I did it no longer freezes or crash it works perfect expect

ai bug other than dat it run good

I recently Deletled Pbo gl3 give radios and yes no more lag nor frezzes for me so try that

SLX_VehicleEffects:

Originally Posted by DMarkwick

OK, after exhaustive tests the problem addon (for me) seems to be slx_vehicleeffects.pbo.

Originally Posted by ray243

You mean for the out of memory crash?

I mean the game freezes

Game freezing problem is caused by slx_vehicleeffects.pbo, remove it will get rid of the big bug

Originally Posted by CaptainChunk

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone else currently running SLX mod has freezing when they fire an RPG or AA weapon at a helicopter.

I also experience freezes when I'm flying a helicopter and the AI shoots the above mentioned weapons at me.

orignally posted by Steiner34

Delete the vehicleeffects.pbo. I had the same problems.

SLX_NetCode:

The only thing I can conclude now is that the SLX_NetCode is having arguments with the CBA code.

This is not indeed a ACCURATE assumption, but since I am using the Computer Technician Handbook that my

dad has on beta testing, and bug reviewing. I can only come down to the conclusion that there is a issue within

SLX_NetCode, and the freeze crashing of SLX could most likely be the cause of an out dated Extended Eventhandlers

package within CBA. IF this is not the issue, I highly insist that we get some testers on this subject immediately

because I think I am on to something. I also advise some of you try to just turn on SLX_NetCoding and leave everything

else in the Inactive PBO's folder. Including with running CBA [Required], and if the game crashes then I am sure then

this would pretty much sum up my brief test on this matter, if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions let me know.

SLX_TankCommanderGun

Had a glitch with the tank commander trying to pop his head out when firing the main gun in manual mode - made

the tank nearly impossible to use as Commander - removed .pbo slx_tankcommandergun and it solved the problem!

Also, was able to re-insert slx_vehicleeffects.pbo - got rid of the spiralling flames and hasn't seemed to cause any lag/freezes or CTD's.

if you use Zeus or an AI mod, I find deleting some of the SLX AI improves FPS.
originally posted by CameronMcDonald

SLX_AISkill, for some unknown reason, causes any AI-controlled Hinds ingame to lose all accuracy on their YakB 12.7mm

machineguns (I mean [all] accuracy, the bullets sometimes come out at 45 degrees or more to the muzzle, similar to what

people who have had FADE activate report). Oddly, when I jump in as gunner and burp off a few rounds, they fire straight as always.

The gun also fires correctly when piloting with an AI gunner.

If AISkill is removed, the guns return to their usual macabre precision

SLX_ShotEffects:

originally posted by aid_52

shooting from the grenade launcher AGS (automatic mounted grenade launchers) is impossible. Game freezes with an error.

After a long selection of samples from the PBO SLX was found that the cause is "slx_shoteffects".

With his removal resumed normal flight path miscalculation.

originally posted by WWIII

After i disabled the below files & its bisigns, i had no problems with the SLX.hpp file.

slx_ace_fixes,

slx_aiskill,

slx_anim_swim

====================

====================

If there are any more reports of new bugs being found, then post what file it is and I will add it to the list.

I have a bug report.

After I installed SLX I get white dots on the grass if I use AntiAliasing.

Without it I have no dots, grass is perfect. But I want my normal AA back.

I'm not sure if it has to do with SLX. I just got this after I installed SLX.

To get rid of the dots, you have to disable Anti-Aliasing. I only started to notice them after the latest patch from BI.

Thanks for the answers.

I got a freeze during the 1st BTR engagement in EW. I deleted vehicle_effects because I read that it solves this.

Edit; Yep, It did.

Are the armor mods compatible with multiplayer? Or will they crash the server?

Edited by Archosaurusrev

Hi I get this message when I try to use SLX: Warning CBA requires extended eventhandlers (@XEH) AT version [3,0,6] (or higher). no valid version info found.

So in other words SLX will not work without it?

I know you have to open the slx_wounds pbo. to get only the gibs but no wounds, question is, how do I do this?

It seems that most servers screw up with healing when using SLX_Wounds but I wanna keep the gibs.

Hi! I whant to use SLX Gore effects, whit surrender and drag but the wounded animations from ACE Mod, this can be done?

my clan leader and manually deleted some pbos in the SLX mod and made it SUPERB. everything was taken out except the wounds effects and the other good stuff, so when we play you dont have to shoot someone 500 times to kill them. works great with Ace system wounds too. ill get in touch with him and se if he can upload it somewhere.

I want that very much.

So in other words SLX will not work without it?

CBA is a given you need it with almost every mod, I suggest you install it and add it as you can forget about SLX without it.

I know you have to open the slx_wounds pbo. to get only the gibs but no wounds, question is, how do I do this?

It seems that most servers screw up with healing when using SLX_Wounds but I wanna keep the gibs.

This has already been asked, you will need to open the wounds pbo, find where the gibs are and seperate them and make a new pbo,

then test to see if it is compatible with everything else, and or is not dependent.

Hi! I whant to use SLX Gore effects, whit surrender and drag but the wounded animations from ACE Mod, this can be done?

With surrender you should be able too, but the wounds pbo has many features in one, I suggest you test it out with ace,

SLX might overwrite the ACE, or vice versa, cant say for sure.

I actually wish Solus had seperated the wounds pbo of its features, like alot of features in SLX,

as these questions are getting pretty common.

CBA is a given you need it with almost every mod, I suggest you install it and add it as you can forget about SLX without it.

This has already been asked, you will need to open the wounds pbo, find where the gibs are and seperate them and make a new pbo,

then test to see if it is compatible with everything else, and or is not dependent.

With surrender you should be able too, but the wounds pbo has many features in one, I suggest you test it out with ace,

SLX might overwrite the ACE, or vice versa, cant say for sure.

I actually wish Solus had seperated the wounds pbo of its features, like alot of features in SLX,

as these questions are getting pretty common.

Thx buddy your doing a great service to this mod , Zeus just doesn't do it for me for some reason.

Your welcome, if you need more AI references, then check out the AI compilation List in my sig.

Your welcome, if you need more AI references, then check out the AI compilation List in my sig.

Yep I tried all of them already , is nice :D

More problems are occuring as i play with the mod

After taking out vehical effects the crashes stoped for a while and then started again. I took out GL3 and now hostage taking does no seem to work anymore which i understand because gl3 had something to do with out. It stoped crashing for good and then it gave me some ore crashes to desktop. I'm not sure what else to remove.

In the game i have been experiencing problems aswell. Sometimes my gun would refuse to shoot even with a freshly loaded clip and full health. Firing 10 semi automatic shots with any gun. Only 2-5 come out of the gun and other times it shoots all 10. I'm not sure what causing this but in close combat I'm always the first to die

Also one question is the mod still under development (such as bug fixes0

thanks in advance

Hey Frost,

Refer to my bug list for SLX, link in my sig. I'm just a fan doing my part for the mod, I've done quite a bit of testing

myself of SLX but the original Author (Solus) has stopped work on the mod like last year, so what we are playing with is what we got.

As far as your issues, make sure you have CBA, but gun not shooting, I never ran across that problem dont

know what to tell you with that, other then to take a look at the list I compiled and go from there.

Thanks for your help with the mod, to bad its not currently being worked on. I rechecked the list of PBO's you've mentioned and I will remove all except for net code. if we remove that then wounds won't work properly since wounds is dependent on netcode, and the main part I like about the mod is wounds.

i will reove the PBO next time i go on arma and i will let you know if fixed the problem

Edit; well found another bug after a person is revived sometimes they sit there and refuse to move

This is what I am going to do with the mod

I'm going to take wounds and every other pbo it is depending on and keep them, everything else I am going to delete. The 2 real things i wanted was the good healing/ wounding systeme and improved AI. If I can get 1 out of 2 working with out fault it would have been worth the trouble. I really enjoy the blood on the floor and the people yelling and such

Also Gunter I checked your sig where you had the link to all the other mods. I am going to get a lot of them because they all look really good. Might help with some AI problems.

Thanks for your help with the mod. really worked hard the list aswell, really appreciate it

-frost

Edited by xX_Fr0st-W0lf_Xx