Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod WIP

@Dmarkwick if you find a solution, please let us know through this forum, thank you.

Dmarkwick wont find the solution as he has the same issue as you, like i said in my previous post, post the files you

have and i can compare with mine as i dont have your problem, trust me, i have tested this alot with trying to integrate

this with My latest mod, in the past 3 months.

Just go into the addons folder of SLX, and highlight each file you have and post the name of it, or go on the first page

of SLX thread here and copy the entire list , and remove the info for each file, and then remove the files you dont have

so the ones you have are only shown.

I had your issue before I started testing SLX before I started my WarMod project,

and now I dont have that issue.

Maybe this question was answered before, but I couldn't find it. I've got a problem. When using SLX during campaign is causes soldiers to freeze. Can anyone help?

I believe the freezing is in combination with the latest patch, as well as the ones before, nothing we can do about it, it happens on occasion.

There was a thread posted by Wipman about this very problem about a soldier freezing in place when he was killed, or wounded, and he was not running SLX.

Hi guys, i cant seem to get this mod running. It doesnt show up in my mod list for OA standalone. Here is my launch options in steam so you get the idea of what mods im running:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.41;@ACE;@ZeusAI;@ACEX_SM;@ai_dispersion;@RUG_DSAI;@WarFX-Blastcore;@WarFX-Lighting;@WarFX-SunLight;@WarFX-Tracers;@RH_M4_1.11;@LDL;@FLIR v1.1;@IVD;@SLX

Are any of these mods conflicting with it?

Ok got it to work, just re added the mods from scratch.

But when im using slx mod with the ac130 script it crashes when i fire a 105mm shell and just generally runs a bit choppy. When i removed slx mod it runs smooth as water....is this a know problem i cant find any posts on it....

Are any of these mods conflicting with it?

Ok got it to work, just re added the mods from scratch.

But when im using slx mod with the ac130 script it crashes when i fire a 105mm shell and just generally runs a bit choppy. When i removed slx mod it runs smooth as water....is this a know problem i cant find any posts on it....

I tested it out in the editor. if ac130 fires at a car as soon as one shell hits the car (wether big or small) it will instantly freeze but you can still hear the plane... With troops, 20mm cannon works ok, but if u fire 120 mm when it hits it them it freezes just the same as with hitting a car/armour. Is this something to do with the new animations/dismemberment? Its seems like it....

Edited by george86

@george86

refer to my bug list in my sig, let me know how it runs.

also your target line:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.41;@ACE;@ ZeusAI;@ACEX_SM;@ai_dispersion;@RUG_DSAI;@WarFX-Blastcore;@WarFX-Lighting;@WarFX-SunLight;@WarFX-Tracers;@RH_M4_1.11;@LDL;@FLIR v1.1;@IVD;@SLX

remove

@WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.41 you dont need this if you have blastcore, which this file in particular could be giving you issues.

for your target line in general, you need to adjust your load order, make it look like this:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX_SM;@SLX;@WarFX-Blastcore;@WarFX-Lighting;@WarFX-SunLight;@WarFX-Tracers;@ZeusAI;@ai_dispersion;@RUG_DSAI;@RH_M4_1.11;@LDL;@FLIR v1.1;@IVD

Load order is important when you have big mods, your big mods are ACE,SLX, and Blascore, they should be loaded first and given priority.

@DMarkwick and Shammy2010

I tested both your setups, and for some reason I cannot reproduce the problem.

However these three files you guys do have which TBH I overlooked could be your issue, remove these 3,

or one of them and test with and without the one or the other, heres the files:

slx_fov

slx_optics

slx_optics_3d

those three files are specific to the gun sights and basically FOV.

Let me know how it goes.

Wow thanks, will try now and report back in a few mins...I have all your bug files taken out and it seems to have stopped the crashing!! TY for that....

However, still glitchy and jerky when bombs hit. Like when 105 mm explodes on ground sometimes the camera freezes for a second or two and the sound of the ac130 sounds as if its flying off without the camera if u know what i mean...but then it jumps back to its normal "underplane" view. Will try deleting files u mentioned and report back! :

***EDIT*** ok after playing with those files gone it still lags a bit when 105 mm shell hits.... :( It just freezes for like half a second if that.....

Edited by george86

Did you change your load order and remove @WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.41?

you dont need this file, as it may be conflicitng with other stuff, your issues are with explosions and such and @WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.41 does this,

you dont need this @WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.41 because you already have blastcore which is for OA.

@WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.41 is for arma2, considering you dont have arma2, then its not needed.

also what is this @IVD?

refer to my previous post about your load order.

What are your computer specs?

OS

CPU

GPU

PSU

Ramm

yeah i have got rid of particles! :)

Ive deleted that mod i think it was some nuke thing, got rid of it anyway...

my pc is quad core @2.8

16 gig DDR 2

ATI radeon 5870

2 * raptor 150gig

It runs smooth without SLX mod thats the thing....

Weird, considering Im running 216 mods in one mod ;) (CoWarMod) and I get no lag.

Reevaluate your load order, and the other mods your using, if you want to keep playing with SLX then

I suggest do a trial and error with your whole mod orientation and remove mods.

Try SLX alone, and see if that changes anything for you for performance.

Your computer specs exceed mine and I dont have your issues as I only have a single core 2.6 cpu :confused:

Thx Gunter, i tried without slx_fov but it didn't work. If anyone had find how to enable auto aim option please post it.

Rather bizzarely, it seems two SLX addons are causing my problem:

SLX_TankCommanderGun

SLX_TankHatches

Any one of those two will cause my unscoping problem. Both together causes it too.

Hmm interesting,

SLX_TankCommanderGun was in my bug list, but I do run the SLX_TankHatches which i have no issues with, did you

test SLX_TankCommanderGun by itself to see if there was an issue specifically?

I tested both by themselves and have no problems, what is your exact setup that you are playing with when you get the unscoping problem?

Im running Arma2CO patched 1.59, and am running CBA first.

put @SLX in program file.

used arma 2 launcher made shur @SLX was checkmarked

~loading~

error:

"Include file @SLX/SLX.hpp not found." Hmmm?

Edited by lostninja

Hello,

Put @SLX into your main Arma2 Directory, the Hpp file is located in the @SLX folder.

Hmm interesting,

SLX_TankCommanderGun was in my bug list, but I do run the SLX_TankHatches which i have no issues with, did you

test SLX_TankCommanderGun by itself to see if there was an issue specifically?

I tested both by themselves and have no problems, what is your exact setup that you are playing with when you get the unscoping problem?

Im running Arma2CO patched 1.59, and am running CBA first.

For the exclusion testing, I ran CBA and SLX only. As you might imagine, having two addons causing the same problem was a real bugger to isolate :D procedure went like this:

Identify, without doubt, the addon causing the problem by gradually removing addons until only the problem one exists.

Remove it and add back in all the other addons.

Play the game, and see the same problem come back.

:)

Basically what I do a process of elimination.

I will do some testing myself, but tbh, no matter which way I test, i cannot mimic your problem, I have yet to get your issue.

I actually had that unscoping problem when i first started messing with SLX earlier this year, and i believe it was the SLX_fov,

or files related to that which was the issue, but i will test again, using your file setup and see what i get, and report back.

yeah, i get choppy when i use more and more mods... including SLX which is why I stopped using it...

is this mod fully compatible with the newest version of ACE2? Also, does it matter where the -mod=@SLX is located in the shortcuts target field? Ie; is it better to have it first or last?

I have also noticed a few things that bug me with this mod. I'm doing a mission and want my Blufor troops to hold a defensive line. I have all troops using a hold waypoint but as soon as 1 unit comes into contact all the other units start moving around and go engage the opfor! Also, if i want to hold a few tanks and inantry in reserve and call them into the fight using a radio trigger it just doesnt work. Once I come into contact the tanks and infantry start moving to engage regardless of the trigger being activated. Can I remove a pbo that would stop this intuative behaviour?

EDIT: Is the mod compatible with OA?

Hello mattyfo

I'm no expert on SLX, just done alot of testing and integration with it, to answer your questions as best as I can

SLX does work with Arma2CO, with OA by itself not sure if it will but it should, you may have to test that yourself.

TBH I found it works better in Arma2CO then Arma2 alone.

is this mod fully compatible with the newest version of ACE2?

From my tests and not specifically alone with ACE2 it seemed to run ok, but you may have to tweak (remove) some

files at your discretion if you run into issues, or ask me I may be able to tell you, but you prob should test it out.

does it matter where the -mod=@SLX is located in the shortcuts target field?

Setup your target line so ACe runs first, and then SLX, give priority to the biggest mods first,

so basically last if ace and SLX are the only things running.

I have all troops using a hold waypoint but as soon as 1 unit comes into contact all the other

units start moving around and go engage the opfor!

Try removing the following pbos from the SLX addons folder:

SLX_AI

SLX_AI_Identify

SLX_AI_NoAutoEngage <-- test this to see if AI still engage without it, and with it.

It is also possible that SLX has nothing to do with auto engaging, as the AI do tend to want to auto engage themselves,

it is very possible SLX AI aspects just enhance this more, or rather push it more.

Hope that helps.

thanks or your help Gunter, everything works fine and as it turns out in my mission, the invading Taki's never got to the first line thanks to the presision of Western Artillery! lol. However I have a new bug I found only while using SLX. It seems everytime i am in a rather large scale firefight, I am unable to use my optics. I'll press the right mouse button but after a second or so it exits the optics view without me pressing anything. Very frustrating esspecially when using a sniper scope!

thanks or your help Gunter, everything works fine and as it turns out in my mission, the invading Taki's never got to the first line thanks to the presision of Western Artillery! lol. However I have a new bug I found only while using SLX. It seems everytime i am in a rather large scale firefight, I am unable to use my optics. I'll press the right mouse button but after a second or so it exits the optics view without me pressing anything. Very frustrating esspecially when using a sniper scope!

I had this. Remove:

SLX_TankCommanderGun

SLX_TankHatches

and you should be back to normal :)

I removed the pbo's you've mentioned Gunter but I get certain errors such as dependencies on SlX_Netcode such as AI_Dodge.

Also when trying to load up a saved mission it wouldn't load as it said it was dependent on SLX_Netcode -which I wasn't using :)